What tyres?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 15:09 Quote
Building a new hard tail and currently stuck on what tyres to put on it.
Its being built as a do it all bike that will be used for riding to/from work/uni/everywhere, so it will mainly be on the road but i want to be able to take it off road for xc and some light DH/FR without a tyre change,
I currently ride DH with a minion up front and a very well used high roller on the back, Looking for something similar for this bike, with alot of confidence up front and some slide that i can trust at the rear.

any suggestions?

thanks

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
High rollers 2.35 front and back but super tacky on the front?

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
I like DMR Moto Diggers have them on my double that I use for general riding and DH.

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 at 1:20 Quote
I don't drive so i needed a good all-around tire set as I ride on the road to get to the trails.Tried high rollers brill on the trails but drag like he'll on the black stuff.So I got a set of nobby inc evo and bingo great on the road less drag drop a bit of air out for the trails and that's it a good all-around tire set.These work for me anyway

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 at 2:34 Quote
My bro swears by Kenda Small Block 8. Runs them on everything, just changes tire pressure.

Posted: Feb 25, 2012 at 5:29 Quote
typecaRl wrote:
High rollers 2.35 front and back but super tacky on the front?

Super tacky? + roads = no.

Id go for the small block 8 too, theyre made with rolling resistance as their priority, and great for XC, thats what i use, its also a bit of a workhorse aswell. Enjoy!

Posted: Feb 26, 2012 at 13:36 Quote
cheers guys, il have a look

Posted: Feb 27, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
Look at Schwalbe Muddy Marys, many argue they're the best allround tire.

Posted: Feb 27, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
lurchh wrote:
Look at Schwalbe Muddy Marys, many argue they're the best allround tire.

dude, thats a downhill tire Big Grin I dont think you seriously want that on a XC bike...rolling resistance is through the roof compared to a standard XC tire

bigquotesSo I got a set of nobby inc evo and bingo great on the road less drag drop a bit of air out for the trails and that's it a good all-around tire set.These work for me anyway

I´d agree that Nobby Nic is a good allround tire, one exception, though: if its wet and there is mud the grip is TERRIBLE.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 4:08 Quote
Small block 8's are really good alround tire and roll well on the road. but do not like any mud!
Depending on how much of a compromise between rolling res. on the road and grip in damp off road conditions, i'd consider a Racing Ralph from Schwable

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014750
Mobile Version of Website