Toronto bike show...2012

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Toronto bike show...2012
Author Message
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 at 17:22 Quote
Tate27 wrote:
Dj-forlife wrote:
Tate27 wrote:


Got some in stock still!
do you know if they have some sick brakes leftBig Grin

Elixir ones are still at our booth.
Are they the elixir R? if so how much

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 at 17:23 Quote
Dj-forlife wrote:
Tate27 wrote:
Dj-forlife wrote:

do you know if they have some sick brakes leftBig Grin

Elixir ones are still at our booth.
Are they the elixir R? if so how much

139.99 retail. 97.99 dcounted for show Come by Ill drop the price a bit more since you've bought from us in the past.

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 at 17:44 Quote
I had a successful day yesterday:

E-Thirteen LG1+ $99
Look Quartz cr-mo pedals $30
Fox Altitude lined shorts $59
Giant TCR Composite 2 $1399

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 at 17:53 Quote
Tate27 wrote:
Dj-forlife wrote:
Tate27 wrote:


Elixir ones are still at our booth.
Are they the elixir R? if so how much

139.99 retail. 97.99 dcounted for show Come by Ill drop the price a bit more since you've bought from us in the past.
Alright sounds good!

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 6:42 Quote
Clutt225 wrote:
I don't know it was pretty good I thought.
I picked up shoes, spd clips, shorts, bottle cage, giro xen helmet. Pretty much everything I was looking for. Saved almost $300 of msrp.

But yes there was a pile of road bike stuff to sift through.

I just attempted to install my cleats in my shoes. Only to learn that the cleat nut is missing.):
Is this usually with the shoes?
Or should I have bought cleats that have the nut?
Can I get the nut some were?
Yes I'm a frustrated newbie. It's my first pair of clip less.

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 6:48 Quote
I'm pretty sure the nuts usually come with the shoes.
I bought shoes at the bike show a couple years ago. the nuts on one shoe had no threads in the hole. I had to tap them myself. still worth it for the money saved.

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 8:49 Quote
thisusernameisnottaken wrote:
Now I remember why I don't go. Couldn't find alot of decent parts/clothing. Found some Troy Lee shorts that I already have. I paid $90 full pop at my LBS, they were $109-20% at the bike show.....same BS pricing games different year. Madder

Although it was nice to get my Blue pass for only $169

Just went to my LBS 'once a year sale' and found better deals...ran into some other people that had been at the bike show too.

Eastside?

Their sale is always top notch and great prices on quality gear.

Went to the show Friday with a friend who was looking for a road bike....who was in luck. Haven't been to the bike show in a couple years and not really sure the next time I'll go back. That said, one booth had a beaut Devinci Dixon.

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 18:02 Quote
wearitwell wrote:
mattmini wrote:
the only place seling bmx stuff was bike zone.. sooo gay

ya im gonna say that show sucked shit, unless you were looking for a roadbike then thats your place to be. All
I wanted was a set of elbow pads, could not even find one place selling any. Figured there would be a good amount of dh gear there too, nope haha. Oh but the Toronto polo bike club was there wooo.
you must have been lost dude i saw tons of protective gear you just have to go into the shops booths rather than just walk and glance around

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 18:49 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
thisusernameisnottaken wrote:
Now I remember why I don't go. Couldn't find alot of decent parts/clothing. Found some Troy Lee shorts that I already have. I paid $90 full pop at my LBS, they were $109-20% at the bike show.....same BS pricing games different year. Madder

Although it was nice to get my Blue pass for only $169

Just went to my LBS 'once a year sale' and found better deals...ran into some other people that had been at the bike show too.

Eastside?

Their sale is always top notch and great prices on quality gear.

Went to the show Friday with a friend who was looking for a road bike....who was in luck. Haven't been to the bike show in a couple years and not really sure the next time I'll go back. That said, one booth had a beaut Devinci Dixon.

Yeah, East Side. What happened to the guys with the DVDs for 5 for $25?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 6:33 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:
Show was ok, been to better. Not much there in good deals on parts. But u want a road bike, ur set.

The main reason why I did not go this year.

Pay money to go shopping and not may options. In the last 10 years the show has progressively gotten worse on all aspects. Main reason to attend is to see friends and get the season started.

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
calma2008 wrote:
B-Rock106 wrote:
Show was ok, been to better. Not much there in good deals on parts. But u want a road bike, ur set.

The main reason why I did not go this year.

Pay money to go shopping and not may options. In the last 10 years the show has progressively gotten worse on all aspects. Main reason to attend is to see friends and get the season started.

this^^

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
NWray wrote:
calma2008 wrote:
B-Rock106 wrote:
Show was ok, been to better. Not much there in good deals on parts. But u want a road bike, ur set.

The main reason why I did not go this year.

Pay money to go shopping and not may options. In the last 10 years the show has progressively gotten worse on all aspects. Main reason to attend is to see friends and get the season started.

this^^
Good enough for me. I didnt buy a thing, but am fine paying just cause of the bmx finals

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 6:59 Quote
radney wrote:
NWray wrote:
calma2008 wrote:


The main reason why I did not go this year.

Pay money to go shopping and not may options. In the last 10 years the show has progressively gotten worse on all aspects. Main reason to attend is to see friends and get the season started.

this^^
Good enough for me. I didnt buy a thing, but am fine paying just cause of the bmx finals

that and blocking up the isle infront of the ZM cycles tent lol

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 7:10 Quote
yeah for sure dude the show is just good fun to go to it may be getting progressively worse every year but it is always great to come out and see everyone and get ready for the summer. even if you dont buy anything.

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 10:51 Quote
Anyone have a video of the BMX finals?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012541
Mobile Version of Website