Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 23:27 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Nevermind @millpill, I figured it out. I'm 99% sure the bolt you need is part number W290056. Suspension Part Trek Bolt M10X1. They've got plenty of them. Here's a link to a PDF of the Suspension diagram straight from Trek for the 2012+ aluminum Sessions. https://www.dexdealer.com/dexter/external/authfile/techsite/reference/suspension/diagrams/suspension/2012_2014_Session_Alloy.pdf
I don't have access to dexter from my computer but I did find the diagram online and W290056 is part of what I need. The other part that I'm looking for is the captive hardware; the part that the rest of the bolt is stuck in. There is no way that that thing is coming out so I'm gonna need a new one. From the diagram, it seems that I need part number W291639 which is the lower captive bolt. The tech doc says that it's a m10x1.5 7mm thick, but the bolt is a m10x1. I measured the one that I have and that came to 7.2mm which is close enough to call 7mm at this point. It's the fact that it says it it mates to the seatstay and not the chainstay is what is a little worrying. Probably a typo though.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
millpill wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Nevermind @millpill, I figured it out. I'm 99% sure the bolt you need is part number W290056. Suspension Part Trek Bolt M10X1. They've got plenty of them. Here's a link to a PDF of the Suspension diagram straight from Trek for the 2012+ aluminum Sessions. https://www.dexdealer.com/dexter/external/authfile/techsite/reference/suspension/diagrams/suspension/2012_2014_Session_Alloy.pdf
I don't have access to dexter from my computer but I did find the diagram online and W290056 is part of what I need. The other part that I'm looking for is the captive hardware; the part that the rest of the bolt is stuck in. There is no way that that thing is coming out so I'm gonna need a new one. From the diagram, it seems that I need part number W291639 which is the lower captive bolt. The tech doc says that it's a m10x1.5 7mm thick, but the bolt is a m10x1. I measured the one that I have and that came to 7.2mm which is close enough to call 7mm at this point. It's the fact that it says it it mates to the seatstay and not the chainstay is what is a little worrying. Probably a typo though.
I looked up the part number it gives in Dexter and it pulls up what looks like the correct part. Says to use with M10x1.0. But it does say Seat stay there also.

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 8:27 Quote
I had a '12 Session too and the nut on the evo link already broke twice, they must be fragile

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
millpill wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

I just called the Trek tech department from the shop I work at. He said that is the correct part number. They more than likely just copied the description from another part. I know that doesn't help you get it by this weekend. But hopefully gets you the right part eventually.

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 19:18 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
millpill wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

I just called the Trek tech department from the shop I work at. He said that is the correct part number. They more than likely just copied the description from another part. I know that doesn't help you get it by this weekend. But hopefully gets you the right part eventually.

Ended up going through the trek rep and put in next day Saturday for shipping and they still haven't shipping it out yet... A little concerning

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 22:06 Quote
millpill wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
millpill wrote:

Ended up going through the trek rep and put in next day Saturday for shipping and they still haven't shipping it out yet... A little concerning
Part is a no-show. Does trek have some kind of shipping policy?

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 1:50 Quote
millpill wrote:
millpill wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

I'd be having words with the Rep.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2016 at 6:49 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
millpill wrote:
millpill wrote:

I'm not sure their shipping policy. Definitely call the rep. Find out if it was Trek's fault or the shipping company's fault.

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
i know when we order from trek, it takes about 5 days to show up to canada land but it does come from WDC most of the time.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 20:16 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
millpill wrote:
millpill wrote:

well I just talked with my boss and he told me that when he placed the order, there was no garantee that it would be there on Saturday, but it just got here today.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 21:11 Quote
My session 9.9's rear Saint brake makes the whole bike viberate when applied. If any of you have some insight on how to get the vibrations to go away I would love too know.
Thanks,
Alex

O+
Posted: May 3, 2016 at 8:30 Quote
Alexmarshman wrote:
My session 9.9's rear Saint brake makes the whole bike viberate when applied. If any of you have some insight on how to get the vibrations to go away I would love too know.
Thanks,
Alex

I haven't seen or heard of this problem, but I would make sure everything is tight. Things like rotor bolts and the brake mounts. You also may need to sand your pads and put some isopropyl alcohol on your rotor. Those are the only things i can thing of that would cause vibrations

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 9:42 Quote
Alexmarshman wrote:
Thanks,
Alex

Gee runs a little damper on his rear brake to make it stop.
Gee Atherton on his Trek Session Photo by Sterling Lorence

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 9:52 Quote
Alexmarshman wrote:
Thanks,
Alex

Check yer spoke tension. This happened to me in the past when my spokes were loose.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2016 at 8:54 Quote
Hi everyone !
I'm a new happy owner of a Trek Session Big Grin

Little bike check :
- Session 9.8 medium
- Rokshox Boxxer team
- Ohlins TTX + RCS ti spring
- Hope tech3 V4 red edition (I have to put the rear one)
- X-0 crankset
- x9 rear derailleur+x0 shifters
- mavic ex721 + Hope pro2
- Truvativ Boobar Stevie Smith
- Sulfur stem
- Chromag Ouverture
- HT Meo3 pedals
- Sram NW chainring (I'll put a Gamut bashguard soon)

And that's all I guess Smile

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/411551Trek3.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/743723Trek1.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016002
Mobile Version of Website