Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
O+
Posted: May 17, 2017 at 5:56 Quote
man if they were 650b I'd snap em right up Frown

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
I have a 2016 session and i just took the rocker off and noticed if you put it on the longer of the two sided bit it rocks from side to side as if it's twisted, anyone else experienced this?

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
photo

Gone for a bit of colour matching.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 16:23 Quote
Hello everyone in the forum! I came for some advise please.

I will most likely buy this Session 9.9 ( https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2093137/ ) next Sunday. Could anyone help please and tell me if I can fit a FOX 40 FLOAT FACTORY 26 2016 on this Session 9.9?

Also is this a 2013 model? would this be a good buy considering it is almost a 4 years ago release? I am amateur level and more into freeriding and air than working against the Chronometer.

Thanks in advance

Serg

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 21:44 Quote
Toofastnotsofurious wrote:

I will most likely buy this Session 9.9 ( https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2093137/ ) next Sunday. Could anyone help please and tell me if I can fit a FOX 40 FLOAT FACTORY 26 2016 on this Session 9.9?

Also is this a 2013 model? would this be a good buy considering it is almost a 4 years ago release? I am amateur level and more into freeriding and air than working against the Chronometer.

Thanks in advance

Serg

That's only my opinion, but in freeride, (i have a trek session 88 2013) I have tried both fox 40 and rock shox boxxer, and in freeride and in the air, I think that the boxxer is much better, and I have a dhx rc4 as well, and I've tried an air shock on session (fox x2) and it fit better with my riding style than the dhx rc4 even if it is prepared, so for me, I would go on a boxxer world cup (fast black stanctions) and an air shock, It will make your bike lighter, and the riding will be better. And if you only ride park for fun, why do you don't bye a trek session park?

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 4:54 Quote
Thanks a lot mate for your good info! The only reason I asked about the fox coz I saw it half price spanking new from the shop £900 rather than £1800. I just checked the RSWCup and brand new is £1100 that is almost same price as the Fox. So best bet you recon is RSWCup front and X2 in the back for bike park and freeride?
I was looking for a Sess Park for a while but I have not seen an M second hand around. Also the 9.9 from the ad is all Saint mounted. Is there much of a diff between the Park and 9.9 2013?Beer

French-skumbaag wrote:

Thanks in advance

Serg

That's only my opinion, but in freeride, (i have a trek session 88 2013) I have tried both fox 40 and rock shox boxxer, and in freeride and in the air, I think that the boxxer is much better, and I have a dhx rc4 as well, and I've tried an air shock on session (fox x2) and it fit better with my riding style than the dhx rc4 even if it is prepared, so for me, I would go on a boxxer world cup (fast black stanctions) and an air shock, It will make your bike lighter, and the riding will be better. And if you only ride park for fun, why do you don't bye a trek session park?

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
Thanks a lot mate for your good info! The only reason I asked about the fox coz I saw it half price spanking new from the shop £900 rather than £1800. I just checked the RSWCup and brand new is £1100 that is almost same price as the Fox. So best bet you recon is RSWCup front and X2 in the back for bike park and freeride?
I was looking for a Sess Park for a while but I have not seen an M second hand around. Also the 9.9 from the ad is all Saint mounted. Is there much of a diff between the Park and 9.9 2013?Beer

French-skumbaag wrote:

Thanks in advance

Serg

The main difference between the 9.9 and the session park is the chainstay length, that's a big one! Do you really intentionally want 26in or not really? Cause, add 1100 in a fork and 500 in a shock, maybe it would be better to buy a 9.9 2015 session with 650b and allready a good fox? Don't know what you're really looking for, but I think you need to think about it, because add 1600 of suspensions need a reflexion, If I was you, if you don't care about 26in or 27.5 I would go for a 2015 9.9 session and if you want 26in, I would go for a 9.9 with rock shox boxxer.
I hope it will help you in your choice. But the session is a great idea anyway :p

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
Hey! Thanks again for all your info it is really helping me dude and at the same time shaking my head ;Dead Horse
I checked the measurements and in the steep geom.( both same head angle 64.2) the 9.9 chainstay length is 43.9cm and in the park is 41.8cm. Same head angle, almost same wheelbase too(118cmto 116 to the park). Now to convert all this figures into riding efficiency it is something I am Not so sure off...Evil
As per the 26" i really want them in my rig I love flicking my bike, a playful and nimble one ...now the bit where you come up with the £1600 is where I got the shakes..... I totally agree even though it is not something inwoukd do now but if in the future I need to change it ... I just starting to think if it is really worth it ...maybe just change fork or to just get a Kona operator 2014/15 with an upgraded fork like this one : https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2190930/
Alll and all I am getting a better idea thanks to you mate so merçi for all your info and any more thoughts are more than welcome
Beer Beer Beer

Quote="French-skumbaag"]

French-skumbaag wrote:

Thanks in advance

Serg

The main difference between the 9.9 and the session park is the chainstay length, that's a big one! Do you really intentionally want 26in or not really? Cause, add 1100 in a fork and 500 in a shock, maybe it would be better to buy a 9.9 2015 session with 650b and allready a good fox? Don't know what you're really looking for, but I think you need to think about it, because add 1600 of suspensions need a reflexion, If I was you, if you don't care about 26in or 27.5 I would go for a 2015 9.9 session and if you want 26in, I would go for a 9.9 with rock shox boxxer.
I hope it will help you in your choice. But the session is a great idea anyway :p[/Quote]

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 19:12 Quote
Hey guys!

I searched but no luck... Anyone around 220 lbs riding the 9.9 with DHX2? The 500 spring is too soft (40% sag). Im leaning towards 550 but if anyone could share his experience I'd appreciate it! Don't feel like ordering 2 or 3 springs there quite expensive and I haven't found a shop that carries anything higher than 500 to try on... The calculator gives me a rate of 500 and it just doesn't do it.

Thanks!!

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 19:36 Quote
Jepz wrote:
Hey guys!

I searched but no luck... Anyone around 220 lbs riding the 9.9 with DHX2? The 500 spring is too soft (40% sag). Im leaning towards 550 but if anyone could share his experience I'd appreciate it! Don't feel like ordering 2 or 3 springs there quite expensive and I haven't found a shop that carries anything higher than 500 to try on... The calculator gives me a rate of 500 and it just doesn't do it.

Thanks!!

Hello man,

I'm between 225 to 236 lbs with gear on, and I ride my session 9.9 27.5", with 600 lbs spring. It feels good to me.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 20:20 Quote
180ish lbs, run a 600lb spring on my session park, any lower and it bottoms harsh on bigger stuff, was odd that they stocked the size large with a 500lb spring in the complete build, I could bottom that hopping around in a flat parking lot.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 20:45 Quote
Clefrigh wrote:
Jepz wrote:
Hey guys!

Thanks!!

Hello man,

I'm between 225 to 236 lbs with gear on, and I ride my session 9.9 27.5", with 600 lbs spring. It feels good to me.

Cheers!

600 it is! All righty, thanks bud !!!

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
180ish lbs, run a 600lb spring on my session park, any lower and it bottoms harsh on bigger stuff, was odd that they stocked the size large with a 500lb spring in the complete build, I could bottom that hopping around in a flat parking lot.

ahaha!!! yeah I feel you, pretty much the same but im 220, imagine that... First time I say that but the float X2 idea is starting to grow on me

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 20:58 Quote
Jepz wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

ahaha!!! yeah I feel you, pretty much the same but im 220, imagine that... First time I say that but the float X2 idea is starting to grow on me

I'm actually using Fox Float X2 on my Session... I use all spacers (3 I guess) and 250 psi (max pressure), and it doesn't feel so good, it feels like harsh bottom out.

I think that the leverage ratio on the Session it's soft, I mean, you really need less weight to bottom out, like for example Mondraker Summum, you need more weight to make bottom out.

Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015686
Mobile Version of Website