Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
Anyone have problems with chain growth / ABP causing their rear derailleur to come loose a lot? Going to try thread locking it on this time but it comes loose at least 3-4x a season and usually gouges up the hanger stop in the process.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 22:37 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Anyone have problems with chain growth / ABP causing their rear derailleur to come loose a lot? Going to try thread locking it on this time but it comes loose at least 3-4x a season and usually gouges up the hanger stop in the process.

What type of derailuer??? If its a XO1DH check to make sure it has the new type of btension plate where the derailuer actually has a bushing inside it to help it pivot/move underload. What happens with it is on the sram xo1 up until this year didnt have a bushing so the chain growth would make the der pivot and move which is normal.. but with no bushing it causes the bolt to loosen itself off and unthread, causing it to punch through the hanger. Ive struggled with this for 3 seasons on my session with a xo1 7 speed from the first year it came out. Literally destroy a hanger everytime i ride my bike because of it .
How ever yesterday i put on a new xo1 7 speed der which has the same bushing system the new eagle has, rode all day today in fernie with zero issues and no destroyed hanger. Even the 11 speed sram drivetrains are notorious for unscrewing because of this. Thank god they came up with a fix. New hanger every day on a trip gets fricken old fast.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 9:22 Quote
qman11 wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

What type of derailuer??? If its a XO1DH check to make sure it has the new type of btension plate where the derailuer actually has a bushing inside it to help it pivot/move underload. What happens with it is on the sram xo1 up until this year didnt have a bushing so the chain growth would make the der pivot and move which is normal.. but with no bushing it causes the bolt to loosen itself off and unthread, causing it to punch through the hanger. Ive struggled with this for 3 seasons on my session with a xo1 7 speed from the first year it came out. Literally destroy a hanger everytime i ride my bike because of it .
How ever yesterday i put on a new xo1 7 speed der which has the same bushing system the new eagle has, rode all day today in fernie with zero issues and no destroyed hanger. Even the 11 speed sram drivetrains are notorious for unscrewing because of this. Thank god they came up with a fix. New hanger every day on a trip gets fricken old fast.

It's an X1 11 speed, sounds like that is the issue.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
qman11 wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

It's an X1 11 speed, sounds like that is the issue.

If anyone else has the same issue it's sram part 11.7518.076.010 to upgrade an old x1 to the new b plate bushing system.

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
Anyone got a list of bearing numbers for a 2015 Session 9.9?

I'll take it apart if I have to but would like to ride it next weekend instead of tearing it down.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
Just Google it or email trek

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 6:21 Quote
Does anybody have the spare part number for the downtube protector of the carbon 9.9 650b session? I cannot find it anywhere.

@whattheheel
Might have a hint for me, I found the 2012 version but nothing for the 2015 and onward ones...

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
Padset Trek Session Carbon Downtube Armor Black

SKU: W547427
UPC: 601479761272
Model : Session Carbon 2018
Use With : Session Carbon 27.5
Color : Black

You owe me some Bavarian pockets and make sure they big!!! And some potato salad.

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
Dayum, you are awesome. Is the 15-17 version the same to the shiny all new 18 one? To the potato salad and the leather Hosen I will add a bunch of beers Wink

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 15:06 Quote
No clue on that one friend. It was a tough search to find that one! I would imagine they are all the same tho as the frame hasn't changed until the 29er version comes out.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:25 Quote
Has anyone else had issues with the earlier sessions , mines a 2010 becoming dented a top of downtube from the fork bumpers?

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 19:48 Quote
Nah, but my 16 sessions top shock bolt just commit suicide down a line

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Nah, but my 16 sessions top shock bolt just commit suicide down a line

OUCH...

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 22:20 Quote
all good though, trek replaced it and fox repaired my bent x2 lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
Hey guys new to this scene just got my first trek session!been looking for a while for a Large frame! Hate the colour combination but this will be changed in the next few mknths with upgrades . Thinking a more stealthy look - loving the looks of the new session 8 black on black.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015842
Mobile Version of Website