Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
For what it is worth I would check out Offset Bushings. They can make custom bushings to offset each end of the shock so the effective e2e is the same. Very helpful to buy $50 in bushings instead of way more on a new shock.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
Hey guys, I could get a good deal on a Session 29 2020, I think (the last one without the idler):

I´m 6feet and the frame would be size XL.
Reach is a bit shorter than on my Megatower in Large, which fits spot on.

What size are you riding at what height?

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
tigersuit wrote:
Hey guys, I could get a good deal on a Session 29 2020, I think (the last one without the idler):

You mean the Team frame on mtb news in XL? I would def go XL, I am 5'10"and had a large, it felt short, I should have gone for XL.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
Up until the high pivot design the Session has always ran a little short. Would definitely go XL unless you're using it solely as a jump bike.

For reference I'm 6'1". Had a XL that was great for racing because there was so much room but felt a little long for jumping to move around in the air. Had a 2018 L and it was slightly cramped on certain tech sections but was perfect for flips and spins.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
christiaan wrote:
tigersuit wrote:

You mean the Team frame on mtb news in XL? I would def go XL, I am 5'10"and had a large, it felt short, I should have gone for XL.

That´s the one Smile
Do you agree it´s a good deal?

BMXJJ327 wrote:
Up until the high pivot design the Session has always ran a little short. Would definitely go XL unless you're using it solely as a jump bike.

For reference I'm 6'1". Had a XL that was great for racing because there was so much room but felt a little long for jumping to move around in the air. Had a 2018 L and it was slightly cramped on certain tech sections but was perfect for flips and spins.

Sounds about right for me then.
I´m just worried the frame might be a bit too tall for my shortish legs. What´s your inseam?

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
tigersuit wrote:
christiaan wrote:
tigersuit wrote:

That´s the one Smile
Do you agree it´s a good deal?

BMXJJ327 wrote:

Sounds about right for me then.
I´m just worried the frame might be a bit too tall for my shortish legs. What´s your inseam?

I've a 34" inseam. Never had clearance issues on the XL or L

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
For anyone that might be interested I've several Session Frame bolts for sale in PB BuySell. All new.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3270871/

W308985 - Bolt Axle- $20
W311582 - Rocker Pivot Nut Insert- $8
W503029 - Bolt M10- $8
W290056 - Bolt M10- $8
W290055 - Nut Insert- $7
W547600 x2 - Rocker Pivot Bolt M10x19- $7ea

Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
Anyone ever tried running a mullet setup on a 2019 29er session? Does it drop the BB height too much?

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
thelocojuan wrote:
Anyone ever tried running a mullet setup on a 2019 29er session? Does it drop the BB height too much?

I've litterally just set my 2019 9.9 29" Session up with mixed wheels. I put the chip in high position and took it for a ride, I definitely noticed it's slacker now and once hooked up my bottom bracket on a slow obstacle, but felt pretty good - it sure turned better than before on tight corners. I've got a Works Components 1.5 degree angle headset that arrived yesterday but think they sent me the incorrect top cup so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'll report back the difference that it makes to the BB height with and without steepening the fork Smile

Fresh 27.5 on the back mullet setup - and a brand new SBOne G3C tensioner for single speed.

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 4:38 Quote
Hello dudes, currently got a 2018 trek session 8 650b, I'm looking into converting it into an enduro rig.

Q1, what fork would people recommend to go to 170-180.?

Q2 will the current DT Swiss FR2150, 110x20mm front wheel allow for that kinda of axle size on that fork ?

Q3 Anybody done this to their trek ie, similar year.

cheers

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
Hey all. Got a used session frame here. Brought it to bike shop that sells treks to buy a seat clamp and they told me it's cracked. I feel it's a scratch in the paint - as it's custom painted from factory and has extra paint on top.

Thoughts?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22746193/

I think it's in such an odd spot but also it's a bike shop....shouldn't they know?

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
nickbaumanis wrote:
Hey all. Got a used session frame here. Brought it to bike shop that sells treks to buy a seat clamp and they told me it's cracked. I feel it's a scratch in the paint - as it's custom painted from factory and has extra paint on top.

Thoughts?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22746193/

I think it's in such an odd spot but also it's a bike shop....shouldn't they know?

Is that the custom Session park frame that was for sale in the buyand sell?

Looks like a scratch from the pic. If you have doubts, maybe remove some paint? And indeed odd place for a crack

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
Yeah it is that frame. Owner is willing to take it back and is a solid individual - just have my mind in both lanes, crack...maybe not a crack

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
Looks like a scratch to me. Of course, you can never really tell from just a photo, and advising people one way or the other is probably a bad idea.

But it looks like a scratch to me.

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
Might be the first but I have a 2022 Session and an ABP pivot bearing is coming out of the frame. I have less than three park days on it and the bearing can be pressed in and out fairly easily. I've had a similar issue on my Remedy but it wasn't until after 6 years of riding. Curious if anyone else has had this issue?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010211
Mobile Version of Website