Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 21:09 Quote
@sab11: I like how you summed up the situation in short right at the start, I gotta learn that too, so easy to know what you're talking about. I tend to write half a book when describing an issue/situation whatever. Just had to say it, I'm impressed.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
What are your guys' thoughts on a 2013 Canfield Jedi? Are they more race oriented? How much should I pay for one?

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 19:27 Quote
chrisbierez27 wrote:
What are your guys' thoughts on a 2013 Canfield Jedi? Are they more race oriented? How much should I pay for one?
I've got one, I love it for racing that thing hauls @$$ and it's still decent a on flow/jump trails. Price depends on the build and condition.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
Would a yt tues look weird with a single crown f*ck instead of a boxer?

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 18:36 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Blablablup123 wrote:
If I get a part replaced through warranty replacement, will the warranty period be renewed or will I just have what is left since the original purchase?

Edit: nope, warranty doesn`t seem to get renewed
the replacement part usually has its own "new" warranty. Depends what it is though.

gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Blablablup123 wrote:
If I get a part replaced through warranty replacement, will the warranty period be renewed or will I just have what is left since the original purchase?

Edit: nope, warranty doesn`t seem to get renewed

If you are replacing a part on a bike you bought as a complete, your warranty will not be extended.

If you are replacing a part you bought aftermarket, you should get a new warranty with the new part.

Thanks for the responses! I bought a new set of Saint brakes online, and after claiming warranty they sent me a brand new set and a new bill with it, noting the exchange.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 22:39 Quote
relscb wrote:

Why do you want to run it with a single crown fork?

Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 3:52 Quote
relscb wrote:
It does anyway lol Razz

Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
@sab11: I like how you summed up the situation in short right at the start, I gotta learn that too, so easy to know what you're talking about. I tend to write half a book when describing an issue/situation whatever. Just had to say it, I'm impressed.

Thanks man! I think I get that from working in the motorcycle industry. We always get people "mind dumping" and more time is spent identifying the issues/facts than solving the actual problem.

I think that's just human nature though. We want to get it all out because it's relieving to feel like we've gotten it off of our shoulders.

That's be a cool "Reply" option though wouldn't it? For tech based questions, a little drop down box when you make a post where you check off/fill in the basics (Year, make, model, setup, etc.) and then that automatically plugs in as the first line of the question/reply.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 18:46 Quote
I ride BMX, but I've always wanted to go ride down some hills and off the odd drop here and there. I know someone selling a 2004 RM7 for $400, pretty much all I know about it is that it wasn't ridden a ton and it has a Junior T fork. Thoughts?

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
Ben-S wrote:
I ride BMX, but I've always wanted to go ride down some hills and off the odd drop here and there. I know someone selling a 2004 RM7 for $400, pretty much all I know about it is that it wasn't ridden a ton and it has a Junior T fork. Thoughts?

If you can give it a good inspection and test ride it's a good starting point to get into the sport, you will have fun with it and can't beat the price but if you can save up about 3 times that much you will have a lot more options

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 21:59 Quote
sab11 wrote:
MrDuck wrote:

Thanks man! I think I get that from working in the motorcycle industry. We always get people "mind dumping" and more time is spent identifying the issues/facts than solving the actual problem.

I think that's just human nature though. We want to get it all out because it's relieving to feel like we've gotten it off of our shoulders.

That's be a cool "Reply" option though wouldn't it? For tech based questions, a little drop down box when you make a post where you check off/fill in the basics (Year, make, model, setup, etc.) and then that automatically plugs in as the first line of the question/reply.
I played around with that idea in my head and I really like it. Could expand it to a pretty useful tool to make the forum even hopefully a little bit more sophisticated Smile I'll see if I remember it when I meet someone who could do something about it, would be pretty sweet.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 22:55 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
Ben-S wrote:

If you can give it a good inspection and test ride it's a good starting point to get into the sport, you will have fun with it and can't beat the price but if you can save up about 3 times that much you will have a lot more options

Pretty much what I figured, thanks.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 9:27 Quote
Any of you ever tried running a non clutch derailleur on your dh bike back to back with a clutch on and felt any difference in suspension characteristics?

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 9:54 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Any of you ever tried running a non clutch derailleur on your dh bike back to back with a clutch on and felt any difference in suspension characteristics?
I went from non clutch to clutch, and haven't felt any difference, but i added 2 links, to make shifting a little easier,so...

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 10:55 Quote
Giladgu wrote:

Yes actually. There is a small difference, not in small bump compliance, but when the clutch is off the spring rate feels very slightly softer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017577
Mobile Version of Website