Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
Hey always wanted a Canfield Jedi and found a really nice 2012 one super cheap but the guy says it's xl and I can't find anywhere the Jedi in xl in 2012. Did they make a xl that yr?

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:29 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
this is more of an enduro question but what would the best enduro helmet be. Just half cab sort of thing
thanks

IXS trail RS is your best bang/buck. The bontrager rally mips is also good.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
no point in starting a whole new thread for this question... I like the look and love the price of the just announced Commencal Furious, makes it appealing to someone like me who isn't a big hit and serious DH rider (currently ride a trail/AM bike, getting comfortable in the air, want to go harder!), but am really keen on something burly for shuttle runs that I can push myself on.

it's listed as 17.7 kgs for the origin build on their site. Is that crazy heavy for a DH bike? fair trade-off for the price?

thoughts please!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
jmartinbiking wrote:
this is more of an enduro question but what would the best enduro helmet be. Just half cab sort of thing
thanks

This so much. Had 3 serious crashes in rhe last 4 rides with it with impacts to the head each time, and im really impressed with it. Would definitely buy it again. Plus they are cheap now and fit is good.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:37 Quote
I really like the TLD A1, super comfortable. Also you can find for pretty good deals now that they have the A2 out.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
oli99 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
jmartinbiking wrote:
thanks

This so much. Had 3 serious crashes in rhe last 4 rides with it with impacts to the head each time, and im really impressed with it. Would definitely buy it again. Plus they are cheap now and fit is good.
that helmet should have been in the trash 3 times then.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
remote-local wrote:
no point in starting a whole new thread for this question... I like the look and love the price of the just announced Commencal Furious, makes it appealing to someone like me who isn't a big hit and serious DH rider (currently ride a trail/AM bike, getting comfortable in the air, want to go harder!), but am really keen on something burly for shuttle runs that I can push myself on.

it's listed as 17.7 kgs for the origin build on their site. Is that crazy heavy for a DH bike? fair trade-off for the price?

thoughts please!
39 lbs for a budget complete with coil suspension is not terrible.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:12 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
39 lbs for a budget complete with coil suspension is not terrible.

That's a very measured response! It's clearly not winning any records at that weight, but it's not terrible. Appreciate it!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
Could easily get it down too. Just go to the gym more, any worry of weight of the bike should go after a few months...

Regarding helmet, in an ideal world yes. But i know they werent knocked out crashes, only minor concussion on one of them and the others i had more problems worrying about my face and wrist. That being said i did check the helmet fully for more than just surface cracks and have noticed nothing. I feel safe wearing it and thats the confirmation i need.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
oli99 wrote:
Could easily get it down too. Just go to the gym more, any worry of weight of the bike should go after a few months...

Regarding helmet, in an ideal world yes. But i know they werent knocked out crashes, only minor concussion on one of them and the others i had more problems worrying about my face and wrist. That being said i did check the helmet fully for more than just surface cracks and have noticed nothing. I feel safe wearing it and thats the confirmation i need.

Your original post said "3 serious crashes with impact to the head"......

You should definitely get a new helmet if that's the case, but then again, it's YOUR head.

Good luck. tup

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
Does anyone knows when mountain creek bike park is opening?

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
fredro wrote:
oli99 wrote:

Your original post said "3 serious crashes with impact to the head"......

You should definitely get a new helmet if that's the case, but then again, it's YOUR head.

Good luck. tup

To clarify - it was worded badly

The crashes were what I would class as serious

If I can get back on the bike it isn't serious

If I have to go home and not ride for around 2 weeks that is serious to me.

I meant the crashes were serious, as in fast, And with consequences. I hit my head in the crashes. However didn't mean that the head part was the most serious - my apologies

As in I hit my head, but tucked my wrist up. That's a serious crash, And it was quite a painful one. Helmet did its job nicely. I'm only talking from my experience here and I haven't had any scary scary crashes with it so can't comment in that

It was just a figure of speech so it didn't sound like I had gone off the back from a wheelie.

Thank you but I don't think I will be needing luck. It's not damaged even the vjsor is in tact. I feel pretty safe. Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
April 14! Get stoked

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:48 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
April 14! Get stoked

Holy shit mate,early! And where did you find that info?

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
Way to get butt hurt when they were merely pointing out your an idiot.
3 serious crashes to my head, still wear same helmet Salute

I say you should just keep using it, because it's not my head and I don't care

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028754
Mobile Version of Website