Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 10, 2017 at 10:42 Quote
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:
Has anyone bled Avid Elixir CR brakes before? Anything I should know?

Take your time, and you might have to do it twice or thrice. Be really careful not to contaminate your pads.

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 11:06 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:

Take your time, and you might have to do it twice or thrice. Be really careful not to contaminate your pads.
Take the rotor and pads off

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 11:29 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Blablablup123 wrote:
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:

and use a bleed block.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Question 1: How do I know what clipless pedals go with what shoes?

Question 2: What good pedal/shoe(clipless) combos are there

Question 3: Some tips on how to go from flats to clipless

Thanks in Advance

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 9:00 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
Question 1: How do I know what clipless pedals go with what shoes?

Question 2: What good pedal/shoe(clipless) combos are there

Question 3: Some tips on how to go from flats to clipless

Thanks in Advance

1: nearly all mtb shoes are compatible with all mtb clipless pedals.
2: five ten makes great shoes. Same with shimano. Those would be my pick for shoes. For pedals, shimano xt are dirt cheap and work really good. I run ht x1 and t1's. I like those a lot, really reliable and good working. Crankbrotgers are supposed to clip in and out very well, but they are not that reliable. The bearings are shit on crankbrothers. Ive had their flats and they didnt last very long. My ht x1s where more than a year old and worked great. My t1s i still have but i mainly use clips for racing.
3: crash a lot in the form of just tipping over. Its like learning to ride a bike. You fall a lot, but once after a couple weeks , it becomes second nature, and you dont even think about it.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
Crank brothers not reliable?lol OK. I have them on 3 different bikes right now. Pair on my dh has been through 2 bikes over 3 seasons and going strong. Great pedals. I do really like my shimano m9's though.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Crank brothers not reliable?lol OK. I have them on 3 different bikes right now. Pair on my dh has been through 2 bikes over 3 seasons and going strong. Great pedals. I do really like my shimano m9's though.
I've warrantied more cb pedals than anything else

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 11:17 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
I've warrantied more cb pedals than anything else

I had them too. A nut stripped when I was unscrewing it and basically prevented me from changing the bearings. The bearings disintegrated soon after during a ride. I had to ride down the mountain with only the spindle under my shoe ;D

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
9M119M1 wrote:
For classic shockers (2009) should I run my shock on the top hole or the bottom hole on the front mount?
Cove shocker?
One position will presumably give the bike a lower bb and slacker head angle than the other, so which is best for you depends on how and what you ride

O+
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
What 5-10 dh clipped shoe would you guys recommend.
Impact xvi clip
OG hellcat
New hellcat
Hellcat pro

Old Hellcat is 20$ less than impact, which is 13$ less than the hellcat pro

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Blablablup123 wrote:

and use a bleed block.

Haha, since posting that question I now know everything you guys said already. Thanks for the info.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 5:41 Quote
Adding a stiffer spring to my shock and fork...Will I need to retune my rebound and my compression settings?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019741
Mobile Version of Website