Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
norfiril wrote:
2010 Fox 40 RC2 Coil non kashima or 2016 Marzocchi CR ?

I would go to the newer fork but I'm not sure about Marzocchi's reliability in their last years

i have the 2016 C2R2 Ti and is by far the better than my 40 kashima

Lol so why ask if you own them both?

Boredom lol

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:48 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
norfiril wrote:

I would go to the newer fork but I'm not sure about Marzocchi's reliability in their last years

Boredom lol

nah hahah it's for a friend,he's wondering between a 2010 non kashima fox 40 RC2 and a 2016 MZ CR. both coils

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 19:35 Quote
would dt swiss ex471 rims hold up to serious dh abuse? i see alot of pro bikes running em, but those guys can probably get them replaced every couple of rides.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 19:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Boredom lol

nah hahah it's for a friend,he's wondering between a 2010 non kashima fox 40 RC2 and a 2016 MZ CR. both coils

high and low speed adjustment with more range, and i have multiple sets of 40s so i guess i'm a bit of a fanboi maybe
i have a 380CR and something about it doesn't spin my wheels really
maybe i should ride it more...

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 19:48 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
would dt swiss ex471 rims hold up to serious dh abuse? i see alot of pro bikes running em, but those guys can probably get them replaced every couple of rides.
Ask gwin. He did take it down a proper dh course, and that too without a tire.he may have switched it out when he was down the hill, but still, that shows how much abuse it can take. I have them on my slope bike, and they are strong af, and stiff af. So yes, they can take some serious beatings.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Caribou QB DH Prototype Frame 15.23kg

I've been in love with this bike forever. It's a catalog frame from a tiwanese company called caribou pro frames, but they aren't available to purchase in small quantities. Does anyone know if there is a similar frame I would be able to buy in Canada?

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 21:14 Quote
kraked0pen wrote:

I've been in love with this bike forever. It's a catalog frame from a tiwanese company called caribou pro frames, but they aren't available to purchase in small quantities. Does anyone know if there is a similar frame I would be able to buy in Canada?
Looks a bit like a commencal furious or yt tues. Suspention design also looks a bit like a nomad.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 22:28 Quote
kraked0pen wrote:

So clean!!

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 5:04 Quote
fredro wrote:
It's completely stock, haven't touched the air sleeve. I'm assuming comes with zero bands installed....

The problem is you are running a fox.

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 6:43 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Boredom lol

I said I was not sure. I liked Marzocchi a lot in the old days but when they started producing outside Italy I heard a lot of complains about them.

About the choice, well maybe another point for the Fox is that maybe it would be easier to find spares.

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 6:44 Quote
Giladgu wrote:

I used them and they are better than my industry nine grave rims. No problems with them

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
finalgear wrote:
fredro wrote:
It's completely stock, haven't touched the air sleeve. I'm assuming comes with zero bands installed....

Lol! I'm actually pretty impressed with the Fox X2....

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
fredro wrote:
finalgear wrote:
fredro wrote:

Lol! I'm actually pretty impressed with the Fox X2....
Did you add some spacers yet?

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
i struggle with overheating when i ride, especially my head. i need a full dh full face that has good ventilation
what would u guys recommend
thanks

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
i struggle with overheating when i ride, especially my head. i need a full dh full face that has good ventilation
what would u guys recommend
thanks

New Fox Proframe the best for cooling......period.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021542
Mobile Version of Website