RafaelH wrote:
will shimano xt/xtr brake pads work on saints? i bought them by accident
no

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
just a lil drawing... if chefs raced downhill

Is this acceptable riding equipment? Razz

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 22:53 Quote
Hi guys!

i am wondering how to understand that my frame is fine now (bergamont big air ripped up shock's rod, only light rides)
what could that happen? is there any who faced with same problem?

i am a bit confused to install another shock because not sure that it will last long time.

cheers

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

I had the same issue, although not as tall just 6ft. I experimented with width 760-810mm. I had 810mm but just ran the grips and controls inboard until I found the perfect width for me at 770mm, also changed the grips to large soft (reverse king size) as I have fairly big hands but quite skinny, also found the imprint grips on my enduro very good. Once I found the perfect width I also bought some Spank spike vibrocore for my DH bike which have made a difference.

Already got some cushty grips, ODIs of some sorts. Kinda scared to cut down my burgtecs as they're my favourite bar ever, think I'll take a day or two out to move my grips about. Did you do any exercises or anything to help?
nothing special, just normal gym work, wide pull down and wide shoulder press were the ones I did a little more often along with some core work.
Cheers dude!

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
frozaaaaa wrote:
Hi guys!

i am wondering how to understand that my frame is fine now (bergamont big air ripped up shock's rod, only light rides)

i am a bit confused to install another shock because not sure that it will last long time.

cheers

Make sure your shock hardware is all tight and moving freely, do the same with your frame bearings. If the shock is not moving freely then something's gotta give and this time it was your shock. If all is fine then your shock was garbage

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 0:01 Quote
frozaaaaa wrote:
Hi guys!

cheers

It happened to me ( twice) and to three guys i know ( bergamont straitline, same suspension design). Same say it's due to the regressive hook at the end of the travel.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 3:26 Quote
anyone know axle width on a 2014 devinci wilson 26"

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 3:37 Quote
RafaelH wrote:
anyone know axle width on a 2014 devinci wilson 26"
Literally 1st google link, 150x12.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
I'm looking for a new brakeset for the big bike. Budget (RRP) is around £100-£140 per end. I've been running Guide Rs and elixir trail/old gen codes for the last few years, looking for something with a similar feel.
I've been looking at Guide REs and the new Code Rs, does anyone have any time on either?

Or...

I really like the sound of some Hope E4s, if they have as much stopping power as a set of Guide Rs I'd happily put them on the DH bike, has anyone got time on them? Pushing my budget a bit far though, and I definitely can't afford the V4s.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 16:40 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
I'm looking for a new brakeset for the big bike. Budget (RRP) is around £100-£140 per end. I've been running Guide Rs and elixir trail/old gen codes for the last few years, looking for something with a similar feel.
I've been looking at Guide REs and the new Code Rs, does anyone have any time on either?

Or...

I really like the sound of some Hope E4s, if they have as much stopping power as a set of Guide Rs I'd happily put them on the DH bike, has anyone got time on them? Pushing my budget a bit far though, and I definitely can't afford the V4s.

Have them and also V4s and I can't find a big difference between them, specially for bike park.

If I it was wondering to buy a new brakeset for that price maybe I would go for Shimano Zee. One week ago there was an offer on them in chainreaction

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
Last week I've tried the Scott Gambler 720 and really liked it. Found it really fast and easy to play with.

Does anyone have rode that bike? What's your oppinion about it?

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 16:52 Quote
norfiril wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Or...

Have them and also V4s and I can't find a big difference between them, specially for bike park.

If I it was wondering to buy a new brakeset for that price maybe I would go for Shimano Zee. One week ago there was an offer on them in chainreaction
Ah cheers man, not lacking in power then? Will be ordering them through my work so no CRC for me...

Edit, a few of my mates have, or used to have Gamblers. Very good bikes going by what they've told me

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
norfiril wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Or...

Ah cheers man, not lacking in power then? Will be ordering them through my work so no CRC for me...

Edit, a few of my mates have, or used to have Gamblers. Very good bikes going by what they've told me

I had the Hope M4 back in the days and really I can appreciate that lack of power compared to the Saint (maybe it's the feeling more than a real lack of power)

After 3 years riding Saint brakes I decided to go back to Hope and I can tell you they really improved.

The thing is that I use the V4 for racing and they are great (at the begining some problems for bleeding them but with help all problems fixed). I have the E4 in my enduro. They work great and I don't feel a lack of power but it's to be said I'm not riding the bike as hard as my DH.

Anyway I know a lot of people riding and racing with the XT and IMO the E4 are as good if not better.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
norfiril wrote:
Last week I've tried the Scott Gambler 720 and really liked it. Found it really fast and easy to play with.

Does anyone have rode that bike? What's your oppinion about it?

You can find some great opinions and reviews of the Gambler over in the Scott Gambler owners forum.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026376
Mobile Version of Website