Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 13:01 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Anyone know where I can order moto foam to put on my bike

And what tape do you guys reccomend to put on your bike for protection

Fish tank filter foam is great and not overpriced, scotch mastic tape is great!

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

thanks a lot. How about thick clear tape to put on the frame to protect from heel rub, debris, and scratches

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

thanks a lot. How about thick clear tape to put on the frame to protect from heel rub, debris, and scratches

http://www.easy-frame.com/en/product-category/frame/

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
Also, anyone here have one of the newer vivid r2c and is experiencing an annoying knock when compressed the first half inch or so, in addition to the shock topping out.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 23:12 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Also, anyone here have one of the newer vivid r2c and is experiencing an annoying knock when compressed the first half inch or so, in addition to the shock topping out.
Yes. On my vivid air. Really irritating me and thats why im switching to dhx2 or x2.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
Giladgu wrote:

it's to do with the countermeasure spring between the sealhead and main piston

both the vivid coils i have do it, that's why they sit on my bench doing SFA (that and they like to self eject oil at random intervals for no apparent reasonMadder )

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 4:48 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Yep, no matter how much it's compressed. It knocks every time it rebounds. I found out that the knocking disappears when I open the compression a bit. I think it's knocking at 0-4 or 5 clicks from fully closed. Otherwise it's performing well (2012 model).

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
Little question about downhill pants, what are the longest ones? Being 1.98m and preferring long pants over shorts, it's never easy to find clothes.

I'm currently riding with Fox Pants and I really like them, but they are only going until size 36, which is a little too short. When I'm looking at Alpinestars they are going until size 40, but are they longer or only wider? Somebody who can help me in finding brands with long but not too wide pants?

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:24 Quote
Hi Guys,

Bit of a long shot I guess but I am looking for a rear axle for a norco aurum 2015 model, alloy.. anyone who can help or point me in the right direction... cheers in advance :-)

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
MaximumOfBass wrote:
Little question about downhill pants, what are the longest ones? Being 1.98m and preferring long pants over shorts, it's never easy to find clothes.

I'm currently riding with Fox Pants and I really like them, but they are only going until size 36, which is a little too short. When I'm looking at Alpinestars they are going until size 40, but are they longer or only wider? Somebody who can help me in finding brands with long but not too wide pants?

If you can't find just longer pants, buying longer and taller and having a seamstress/tailor tailor them for you shouldn't run more than $20. Just an option.

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 1:04 Quote
welshchick1985 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Bit of a long shot I guess but I am looking for a rear axle for a norco aurum 2015 model, alloy.. anyone who can help or point me in the right direction... cheers in advance :-)
Call up norco. Is it a special axle or a reg 142x12 thru axle. If just reg axle dt swiss makes some. But they wont match, if its a special one, maybe ebay, amazon, norco, or a norco dealer.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
welshchick1985 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Call up norco. Is it a special axle or a reg 142x12 thru axle. If just reg axle dt swiss makes some. But they wont match, if its a special one, maybe ebay, amazon, norco, or a norco dealer.

It looks like a proprietary axle to me but I dont have an extra DT axle lying arround to confirm. Normally I HATE proprietary components but norco axles and hangers are pretty sweet

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 21:55 Quote
Alright guys, does anyone know if a chain guide meant for a 2x front ring set up will work the same with a 1x set up?

Reason I ask is, I have a DH V4.2 frame, and want just the bash guard and lower part of the guide, without the top piece there. I know I can use a regular bash and just take the top off, but I really like the clean look the ones meant for a 2x set up give me because the back plate doesn't extend up above the chain ring.

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
welshchick1985 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty sure that the 2015 Aurum is running a Syntace axle and hanger, so it should be pretty easy to get a replacement. Is this what yours looks like? http://www.jensonusa.com/!NhuZtq7!JOuTNw5e6OojEQ!/Syntace-X-12-System-Thru-Axle?utm_source=FRGL&utm_medium=organic&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw5uTMBRAYEiwA5HxQNlJecbsadbBuHNLhQeNlvPRMCmV5O0--GDcj8wJSKRpDe6F_U16-3BoCDuYQAvD_BwE

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
welshchick1985 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Norco has amazing customer service. They would most likely just give you one for free if you call them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030172
Mobile Version of Website