Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
Anybody know anything about the Dartmoor Roots frame?

I am looking for a dh/park frame... not really looking for a race bike. I'm after a more park-ish bike like Scott Voltage or Commencal Furious. Came across a hot deal on a frame.

It is amazing how little info is around on this frame.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
pdon wrote:

I am looking for a dh/park frame... not really looking for a race bike. I'm after a more park-ish bike like Scott Voltage or Commencal Furious. Came across a hot deal on a frame.

I just bought a single crown Voltage, over the new furious. Cant beat commencal pricing, but the furious just doesn’t seem all that playful, not according to it’s geometry. Long wheelbase, long chainstays, it’s a long bike with no option for 26” wheels. I have no doubt that a single crown Voltage will be significantly more playful, with or without 26” wheels.

I also have a Giant Glory though.. If I didn’t, I probably would have gone with the Furious. I wanted to cover both ends of the spectrum, a racier bike (that could still jump well), and a freeride bike for jibbing around (that could still descend well).

Reading some of the reviews on the Furious, it seems it is more of true DH bike, than a freeride-ish bike. Basically an alternative to the Supreme DH, for those who want a more “normal” feeling rear suspension design.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 17:37 Quote
VDR wrote:
How many bikes do all of you own, and how long have you been riding? I'd assume more bikes are collected along with experience, though I'm still curious.

Been riding mountain bikes seriously since 2002. Right now i have my Spec Enduro and keep my ancient pos dirt jumper at my parents house. Most bikes ive ever owned at 1 time is 3. I always thought when i was making good grownup money i would have a garage full of nice bikes but i have a kid, a mortgage and everything else that goes along with it so I'm riding old shit and still having fun.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 17:39 Quote
pdon wrote:

That bike was used by Szymon Godziek on the rampage. https://www.redbull.com/pl-pl/bike-check-szymon-godziek-dartmoor-roots

Sorry it's in german but you can just translate. It is also possible to use a single crown fork

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 21:40 Quote
The Dartmoor roots is such a sick looking frame.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 21:59 Quote
Hey Guys...

Can any of you recommend a good, solid DH rim/wheelset (here's the kicker) available in WHITE?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:10 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys...

Can any of you recommend a good, solid DH rim/wheelset (here's the kicker) available in WHITE?

I9 can do white. And they have the best hubs (biased)

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:15 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys...

halo wheels are pretty good and really cheap if thats what you were looking for

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:23 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys...

Check out: https://velocityusa.com

They offer some rims & wheelsets in white.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:55 Quote
Thanks for the tips, boys!

thook: Which Industry 9 wheels are available in white? I looked at their website, but never saw that mentioned as an option...

kwapik: I saw that, but which of their wheels are suited to dh usage? At different points on their website, they allude to building a "top-notch" or "world-class" cross country wheel...

As I say, thanks for the advice! Keep it coming!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 1:16 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:

thook: Which Industry 9 wheels are available in white? I looked at their website, but never saw that mentioned as an option...

kwapik: I saw that, but which of their wheels are suited to dh usage? At different points on their website, they allude to building a "top-notch" or "world-class" cross country wheel...

I'd call or email Velocity and ask them. They'd be better versed than me on their products. I've had good luck with their Blunt 35 rims in the past, but best to talk to them and see what they say.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 6:43 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys...

sunringle mtx33

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys...

Azonic outlaws if you don't mind really heavy wheels.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:

I thought they used to have white rims. Guess not, only silver.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
Stop spamming your youtube shit. Blocked your channel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017885
Mobile Version of Website