Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
ODeWitte wrote:
Hey, I am looking for a DH/Freeride frame to build up, I want something with 180mm of travel. I would like a bike that can be raced as well as jumped and easy to move in the air for tricks. I have been looking at a Banshee Darkside and am wondering what other bikes would be similar or good for this type of riding. Any suggestions?

I would highly recommend the Knolly delirium. You can either have 170mm rear and 180 up front, or if you want 188mm rear, you can do that by installing a longer shock, offset bushkngs and an angle headset to bring the Geo back to normal, and run 200 in the front if you ever want to. I will be running 188mm rear and 180mm front. Lifetime warranty as a bonus

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:37 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Besides the XXL V10, what DH bikes run on the larger side? I am 6'4 and I feel like I've never really had a DH bike that fit me well. I've looked at the V10's a bit but they are just so damn expensive I don't know if I can justify it.

My old Pivot Phoenix in size L was larger than the V10 XL. I think it also rides better than the Santa Cruz.

Check the XL frame it's huge

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
Does a cane creek vault spring fit on a rockshox vivid r2c?

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
norfiril wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:
Besides the XXL V10, what DH bikes run on the larger side? I am 6'4 and I feel like I've never really had a DH bike that fit me well. I've looked at the V10's a bit but they are just so damn expensive I don't know if I can justify it.

My old Pivot Phoenix in size L was larger than the V10 XL. I think it also rides better than the Santa Cruz.

XL is 482mm reach and CS 442mm, it’s a roomy bike.

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
The Glory is due for an update for the 2019 ones too, and if the Reign is anything to go by it'll get longer.
Plus you'll be buying the "old" generation frame if you get one now.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 3:58 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
norfiril wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:

XL is 482mm reach and CS 442mm, it’s a roomy bike.

It is but just saying more options

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
Yeah the Phoenix XL is big, even the large is a decent size bike. I think the Kona Operator comes in an XL that is around 500 each as well.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 23:00 Quote
I'm about to get on a XL Phoenix. I'm 6'5" 180 lbs lanky but quick. I will let you know how I like her.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 23:44 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Yeah the Phoenix XL is big, even the large is a decent size bike. I think the Kona Operator comes in an XL that is around 500 each as well.

Holy crap. That's a long bike. 430 reach is too long for me haha.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
CraineBrain wrote:
I'm about to get on a XL Phoenix. I'm 6'5" 180 lbs lanky but quick. I will let you know how I like her.

When I sold the Phoenix one friend lend me the Canyon Sender for two weeks. I think is even a little bit bigger and rides amazing.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 6:52 Quote
Any thoughts on the Scott Gambler as racing/bike park riding? (more bike park than racing) I feel my Supreme is only good for racing but need more time on it.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
Yep. Perfect park bike. Jump pretty well but can still hit the rough stuff

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
What is everyones favorite Shimano drivetrain combo? I have always just used whatever junk has come stock on my bikes. Looking to do an upgrade on my Demo. Been looking at XTR shifter with ZEE mech, Saint to Zee, Saint to Saint, XTR to Saint. All would be run to an Ultegra cassette (I think)

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
What is everyones favorite Shimano drivetrain combo? I have always just used whatever junk has come stock on my bikes. Looking to do an upgrade on my Demo. Been looking at XTR shifter with ZEE mech, Saint to Zee, Saint to Saint, XTR to Saint. All would be run to an Ultrega cassette (I think)

I don't find a big improvement in replacing the drivetrain. Zee is best price for value I think

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
I run saint crank, shifter and mech with sram dh cassette on my pulse, and zee crank saint shifter and mech, xt cassette on my other bike with hope nw on both

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022074
Mobile Version of Website