Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Boost was just another BS marketing tactic. If they wanted stiff, DH spacing has existed since the late 90s. They could have just used that, but Na, f*ck everything up with a new standard.
spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand the hub spacing standards.

Take off the tinfoil hat.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
Lmao ok bud, share with me how revolutionary boost is and how it was necessary after 40 years of standard hubs being more than stiff.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
Nobble wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Boost was just another BS marketing tactic. If they wanted stiff, DH spacing has existed since the late 90s. They could have just used that, but Na, f*ck everything up with a new standard.

Yeah because 142x12 or 157x12 wasnt stiff enough... I cant feel any difference (yeah the difference in weight of my wallet)
And also wenn totally need 12 gears back- a 9 speed 50-11 wont have enough gears right... Its mostly bullshit marketing as others said it- most corporates arent run by engineers but money greedy shareholders.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
Nobble wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

Yeah because 142x12 or 157x12 wasnt stiff enough... I cant feel any difference (yeah the difference in weight of my wallet)
And also wenn totally need 12 gears back- a 9 speed 50-11 wont have enough gears right... Its mostly bullshit marketing as others said it- most corporates arent run by engineers but money greedy shareholders.
I will just wait till my 14 yr old devinci comes back into style

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Maxxis skinwall dhf 2.3 27.5' good for downhill or to narrow?

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:24 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
i run 2.3 maxxis DHR,s on my 27.5 downhill bike so there probably fine

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:

Only if you've never run a 2.5 WT. I ran 2.3's last season and upgraded this year. The traction of the WT's is night and day.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
I ran the 26x2.5 skinwall dhfs and wouldn't want anything narrower. Also the 27.5 version is an exo casing so it'll last about one run on a big bike. If you want skinwalls I think WTB and onza also do them, just make sure you get a tough casing.
Otherwise just get some regular dual ply DHFs

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:

Seen people running them at whistler with no issues. I know...classic skin wall look. I like it too.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
Nobble wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

This might come as a shock to you but most bike companies just want to make better bikes...

Things dont get better by sticking to the same old arbitrarily defined standards.

142x12 is absolutely not enough for a 29" enduro wheel. The spoke angle is too narrow, the wheels are noodles without crazy spoke tensions.

Or are 29" wheels a conspiracy too?

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

Seen people running them at Whistler with no issues. I know...classic skin wall look. I like it too.
cant find the 27.5' 2.5 dual ply version, so.. form over function Confused

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

Seen people running them at Whistler with no issues. I know...classic skin wall look. I like it too.
cant find the 27.5' 2.5 dual ply version, so.. form over function Confused
Sadly yes. Lol! I’m waiting for the DH versions too.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 0:33 Quote
Running 27.5 on the front of a 2010 Banshee legend?

Yay? Nay?
Thoughts?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
Yeah geo matters more, but show me a 180+ travel bike with 16.5" chainstays that isnt a 26"?

That's exactly why I bought my gambler frame. Even with 27.5 wheels it's just a hair longer than 16.5. Although I haven't seen anything shorter. Trend seems to be longer chainstays these days. The biking world can't make up their mind!
what fork are you running the 27.5 on? I have a 2013 gambler with a 07 888 rc2xva and the back will fit the 27.5but i dunno about the bomber...

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
I just got a charger damper upgrade for my boxxer, everything is fine but the alen on the rebound knob is not long enough to engage the rebound dial inside.

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037334
Mobile Version of Website