Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
For those of you with a boxxer WC, how heavy are you and how many tokens are you running? I'm 150 lbs with gear and have 2 tokens. I'm bottoming out quite often. Not sure if I should go up to 3 tokens.
Assuming your sag is correctly set yes. I am around the same weight and use 3

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
For those of you with a boxxer WC, how heavy are you and how many tokens are you running? I'm 150 lbs with gear and have 2 tokens. I'm bottoming out quite often. Not sure if I should go up to 3 tokens.

I run 25% sag. Any less and the vibrations hurt my hands. I'll throw one more in there. Thanks.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
Is there any alternative to crankbrothers cleats? They wear out way too fast.

I ride flats but rode clipless for a lot of years. Far as I know you cant use any other cleats with crank bros pedals. I never wore out shimano cleats and i used to walk around all day on them when i wasnt on the bike.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
bike2850 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I run 25% sag. Any less and the vibrations hurt my hands. I'll throw one more in there. Thanks.

is it the new boxxer with debonair?
I have the previous model (2016) and i run 110 psi, with 4 tokens. I weight about 195 pounds - 88kg. Considering that measuring sag with forks is a bit hard and it is not as important as sag in the back of the bike, 25% seems really a lot to me. What tire pressure are you running?

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
bike2850 wrote:

I have the previous model (2016) and i run 110 psi, with 4 tokens. I weight about 195 pounds - 88kg. Considering that measuring sag with forks is a bit hard and it is not as important as sag in the back of the bike, 25% seems really a lot to me. What tire pressure are you running?

I'm running 25% sag, 4 tokens, low to middle of the compression. Works flawlessly and never bottom out. Tokens are a game changer.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
what's the loudest dh hub you can get at an affordable price.

If you want loud and on a budget you cant go wrong with Turbospoke. It comes with different cards for different sounds
http://www.turbospoke.com/turbospoke-bicycle-exhaust-system.php

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
Gasket-Jeff wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
what's the loudest dh hub you can get at an affordable price.

If you want loud and on a budget you cant go wrong with Turbospoke. It comes with different cards for different sounds
http://www.turbospoke.com/turbospoke-bicycle-exhaust-system.php
Ha ha ha yeah dude!!! Gotta get a turbospoke for sure!!!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
are all 32H hubs comaptible with all 32H rims? i have some spank spoon rims and wanna lace them to some hope pro 4 hubs.

Thanks.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
are all 32H hubs comaptible with all 32H rims? i have some spank spoon rime and wanna lace them to some hope pro 4 hubs.

Thanks.

Yes

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
bike2850 wrote:

I do 25% for my DH bike and 20ish % on my 170mm. A rockshox rep helped me setup my fork at the the bike park and he actually told me to run 30% but the fork was way too soggy. I run around 21 psi up front. 2.4 tires on 30mm rims.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
bike2850 wrote:

I do 25% for my DH bike and 20ish % on my 170mm. A rockshox rep helped me setup my fork at the the bike park and he actually told me to run 30% but the fork was way too soggy. I run around 21 psi up front. 2.4 tires on 30mm rims.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
IMO, don't use a percentage for sag on a fork.

if you measure it 5 times you get 5 different results.

Use it as a rough guide, then adjust air spring rate for the ride you prefer. IRT style systems this changes again.

What you are looking for is the holy grail compromise of small bump sensitivity, whilst maintaining geometry with enough mid stroke support. Not taking into account volume spacers. One thing I've learned is whilst sag is a good baseline to start with, take two riders with the same weight and speed, there prefered setup will usually differ.

When you feel comfy, you ride with more confidence and in turn... faster!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
Brasher wrote:

Use it as a rough guide, then adjust air spring rate for the ride you prefer. IRT style systems this changes again.

What you are looking for is the holy grail compromise of small bump sensitivity, whilst maintaining geometry with enough mid stroke support. Not taking into account volume spacers. One thing I've learned is whilst sag is a good baseline to start with, take two riders with the same weight and speed, there prefered setup will usually differ.

Thank you for the info. That makes sense. I'll adjust it by feel, not sag

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
Brasher wrote:

What you are looking for is the holy grail compromise of small bump sensitivity, whilst maintaining geometry with enough mid stroke support. Not taking into account volume 7spacers. One thing I've learned is whilst sag is a good baseline to start with, take two riders with the same weight and speed, there prefered setup will usually differ.

yes that is what I meant.
I also strongly recommend using a pressure gauge for tires pressure. It DOES make a difference for how well you can setup your bike. It also allows for consistency. It was a game changer for me.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 2:04 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
are all 32H hubs comaptible with all 32H rims? i have some spank spoon rime and wanna lace them to some hope pro 4 hubs.

Thanks.

Yes

Thanks again.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022206
Mobile Version of Website