Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Does anyone know why riding DH/park kills derailleurs? Myself and 2 of my friends bent our derailleurs yesterday. No crashing.
chains too short? Riding like a hack?

Nailed it lol

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Does anyone know why riding DH/park kills derailleurs? Myself and 2 of my friends bent our derailleurs yesterday. No crashing.
chain too short and jumping when on easiest gear?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:35 Quote
I felt pretty smooth yesterday lol. Always in my hardest gear. Chain being too short seems possible. I have no idea how to tell if my chain is the proper length.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
I'm planning to buy a Box One DH tranny kit and it comes with a 7 speed 11-24 cassette, i currently have a 38T chainring and would like to run a smaller one like a 34T but don't want to overdo it because i don't want to spin out during really fast sections where i want to build up more speed, should i run a 36T or 34T?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
I'm planning to buy a Box One DH tranny kit and it comes with a 7 speed 11-24 cassette, i currently have a 38T chainring and would like to run a smaller one like a 34T but don't want to overdo it because i don't want to spin out during really fast sections where i want to build up more speed, should i run a 36T or 34T?

Running a 34t will move you down your cassette one or two cogs. With only having 7 cogs that makes sense. Unless you find yourself running out of gear on the low end. Try it.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:

Running a 34t will move you down your cassette one or two cogs. With only having 7 cogs that makes sense. Unless you find yourself running out of gear on the low end. Try it.

Thanks

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
what's the average bike shop price charge for a 26" 32H wheel lacing? I want to know what to expect once i get the hubs from the mail.

Thanks.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:

I run a 36T

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
what's the average bike shop price charge for a 26" 32H wheel lacing? I want to know what to expect once i get the hubs from the mail.

Thanks.

Depends on spokes but I would hope no more than $150.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:

Thanks.

Depends on spokes but I would hope no more than $150.
150? Woah, I need to get into the wheel building business

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
Just got a new wheel built a couple weeks ago.
$114 labor and spokes.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
Anyone here know anything about the Bos Idylle rare? The manual says that it requires a minimum of 155 psi (i'm 52kgs or 114lb) and when i pump it to just 80 it's almost impossible to compress

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
Anyone here know anything about the Bos Idylle rare? The manual says that it requires a minimum of 155 psi (i'm 52kgs or 114lb) and when i pump it to just 80 it's almost impossible to compress

You should cycle the fork up and down whilst pumping up or the negative chamber doesn't fill

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:

You should cycle the fork up and down whilst pumping up or the negative chamber doesn't fill

I did and the fork feels very nice at 80psi now, but not sure why the manual says 155psi.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024683
Mobile Version of Website