Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Wilson still the best dh bike I’ve ever ridden.

The 2014 was the best ever. Shame they were absolutely tiny.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
Brasher wrote:

Yeah, make sure to get the proper size!
I´m 5´11" and ride an XL. Fits perfect.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Brasher wrote:

+1 to that, best frame ever.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Would this 2015 Devinci Wilson 27.5 AL be a good first DH bike? Is the shock good enough or should I budget for a replacement?

awesome bike indeed. Just be careful and pick the right size for you, they run small. If you are interested for the future, a float x2 fits well in the shock wishbone extension.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 5:20 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Would this 2015 Devinci Wilson 27.5 AL be a good first DH bike? Is the shock good enough or should I budget for a replacement?

awesome bike indeed. Just be careful and pick the right size for you, they run small. If you are interested for the future, a float x2 fits well in the shock wishbone extension.

I'm actually building this as a gift for my fiance who is around 158cm, so it should fit perfectly!

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Need some suspension tips.

I have a Scott Gambler that I recently picked up and am trying to dial in the suspension. I am 6'2 roughly 210lbs and my gambler has a fox 40 up front and a DHX RC4 in the rear. Right now it feels smooth but I feel like I could get it a little smoother. not sure how much air is in them either. Should I just keep riding and tinkering with it until i find something I like? I ride mostly park with it (Northstar, Big Bear, Mammoth and Whistler if I make it) and do enjoy the occasional drop and technical trails

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
JamEagle wrote:

I have a Scott Gambler that I recently picked up and am trying to dial in the suspension. I am 6'2 roughly 210lbs and my gambler has a fox 40 up front and a DHX RC4 in the rear. Right now it feels smooth but I feel like I could get it a little smoother. not sure how much air is in them either. Should I just keep riding and tinkering with it until i find something I like? I ride mostly park with it (Northstar, Big Bear, Mammoth and Whistler if I make it) and do enjoy the occasional drop and technical trails
If you're down to tinker, by all means go for it. But before you do that, take note of what settings you're currently running, write down psi/compression/rebound so if you mess with it too much, you can go back to what you know is good.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
JamEagle wrote:

You'll figure it out. It takes time. Just keep adjusting settings until you get a feel for how it affects the ride. For example slow High speed compression vs fast. Run the dial at full open and full closed and then in the middle. You'll see what it does and how it changes your ride.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
JamEagle wrote:

well i'm pretty sure your RC4 is coil, so maybe try one that is 25 pounds lighter, as for the fork if it's air try reading the cart and lower your pressure, i use less pressure in my Bos idylle than it is recomended.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
Guys, on an all round race/park dh bike what is the ideal reach for someone of 193cm? My bike is 470mm and I feel it might be too small and I have someone willing to buy it for a good price. Maybe I'll just buy another bike that's longer.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
GregWellard wrote:
Guys, on an all round race/park dh bike what is the ideal reach for someone of 193cm? My bike is 470mm and I feel it might be too small and I have someone willing to buy it for a good price. Maybe I'll just buy another bike that's longer.

Its personal preference. I'm 5'5" and need something around 430mm reach which is supposed to be long for my height.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
GregWellard wrote:
that definitely seems short for you. I’m 182cm and have 460. I would think you would be 480cm + reach?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
GregWellard wrote:

Its personal preference. I'm 5'5" and need something around 430mm reach which is supposed to be long for my height.
My personal preference would be balanced as I do a lot of everything. Racing and bike park

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
I'm 1,80m and prefer between 450 and 470mm, so my guess would have been somewehere between 470-490mm for someone your height.
What stem length are you running?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
I'm 1,80m and prefer between 450 and 470mm, so my guess would have been somewehere between 470-490mm for someone your height.
What stem length are you running?

Its a 35mm stem. I was wondering how a longer one would affect my ride and about whether its worth buying a reach adjust headset

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018317
Mobile Version of Website