Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
Habaden wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Habaden wrote:
What DH helmet do you guys recommend for under $300?

I got my troy Lee D3 for under $300. I hit my head 3 weeks ago and didn't even feel the impact. I actually had no idea I hit my head until I took my helmet off at the end of my run and saw it scuffed up. I highly reccomend it.

Is there a difference between the stage and D3?

D3 for park/DH trails. Stage is for Enduro. It's lighter and more breathable for trail riding. I use amy d3 in the park and and when shuttling really gnarly DH trails. I have a proframe for all other riding.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
I ll be switching from coil to air and will most likely get Vivid Air R2C. I know, everybody is telling me get Float x2 but i can get basically new Vivid Air for half the price of used Fox. I am not looking for a top top performance as i don't need that to be completely honest. I also enjoy only one compression and rebound button on older wc Boxxer fork and Vivid is the same, as little complications with tuning as possible.

Anyone using it and is satisfied with?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:44 Quote
DuelingBanjos wrote:
I ll be switching from coil to air and will most likely get Vivid Air R2C. I know, everybody is telling me get Float x2 but i can get basically new Vivid Air for half the price of used Fox. I am not looking for a top top performance as i don't need that to be completely honest. I also enjoy only one compression and rebound button on older wc Boxxer fork and Vivid is the same, as little complications with tuning as possible.

Vivid air is good on platforms that work well with air shocks.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:

Makes sense.

I ll put it on Darkside, frame is supposed to be progressive already but i wouldn't mind extra poppiness, as silly as this word sounds.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
DuelingBanjos wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:

Makes sense.

I ll put it on Darkside, frame is supposed to be progressive already but i wouldn't mind extra poppiness, as silly as this word sounds.

You could ask Banshee, in my experience Keith Scott is really good at answering these type of questions...while you’re asking him, can you find out if he’s coming out with a DH frame with longer reach?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
unrooted wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Makes sense.

You could ask Banshee, in my experience Keith Scott is really good at answering these type of questions...while you’re asking him, can you find out if he’s coming out with a DH frame with longer reach?

Yeah i should be good with air shock on Darkside frame...i was more interested in vivid air as a shock, got the answer i was after.

About the length, yeah i wouldn't mind longer reach on Darkside as well, size Large = 438mm, very short.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
DuelingBanjos wrote:

Yeah the Vivid is very good Wink

Or maybe a Manitou Swinger Expert Air- it has adjustable bottom out on top and also cheap and Works really good+Lockout.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 6:17 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:

Yeah the Vivid is very good Wink

Or maybe a Manitou Swinger Expert Air- it has adjustable bottom out on top and also cheap and Works really good+Lockout.

Good to hear.

I ll be getting basically new one for 200 eur, whats the worst that could happen? I ll be selling it for 190.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Any suggestions for taking time off from riding? Second kiddo is coming on Friday and I'll be off two wheels for a month or so. Anything better than watching YouTube while sneaking in 30 minutes on the trainer in the basement?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Any suggestions for taking time off from riding? Second kiddo is coming on Friday and I'll be off two wheels for a month or so. Anything better than watching YouTube while sneaking in 30 minutes on the trainer in the basement?
Dirt jumper and the nearest Pump/BMX track in your area. You can duck out for a quick couple of laps and be back in 30mins. Full laps are a workout and you wont forget how to ride a bike. Plus just jibbing round the neighborhood at night is a good time.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
yzedf wrote:
Dirt jumper and the nearest Pump/BMX track in your area. You can duck out for a quick couple of laps and be back in 30mins. Full laps are a workout and you wont forget how to ride a bike. Plus just jibbing round the neighborhood at night is a good time.

Almost an hour to the pump track sadly Frown

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
yzedf wrote:

P90x while watching mtb videos lol.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
yzedf wrote:

Ah that sucks.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
yzedf wrote:

Turn your backyard into a pump track. Everyone loves that!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Gym, running, calisthenics etc.
I usually only have time to ride in summer due to university "holidays" so from Oktober to June I only ride 5times max. sadly....I just do other activites in the late evening like going to the gym to stay in shape.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016580
Mobile Version of Website