Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:35 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Why doesn't it seem like many of the pro riders aren't wearing neck braces anymore? Felt like a few years back A LOT more pros were rocking them.

Because Leatt ran out of sponsoring money and/or isn´t throwing them at athletes anymore would be my guess.
Always remember, these guys get paid to wear stuff and while it may seem worthwhile to still use a protection item regardless of sponsoring if it´s worth using, most of these guys ditch any but the bare minimum of protection to gain less impaired movement. And braces cause a lot of movement restriction, so i can see pros moving away from them for that reason alone.
My leatt caused a bunch of neck stain for me so I stopped wearing it

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
I've got a 2012 Fox 40 Fit RC2 and I've been trying to figure out what's the absolute limit for how far up the stanchions I can run the top crown (have a direct mount stem). ie how much space between the top of the stanchion and top of the crown must be maintained.

Looked through the Fox manual for it and I can't seem to figure it out Confused

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
Ping em an email as I would hate to say and have it on my concience ;-d

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Loki87 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Why doesn't it seem like many of the pro riders aren't wearing neck braces anymore? Felt like a few years back A LOT more pros were rocking them.

Because Leatt ran out of sponsoring money and/or isn´t throwing them at athletes anymore would be my guess.
Always remember, these guys get paid to wear stuff and while it may seem worthwhile to still use a protection item regardless of sponsoring if it´s worth using, most of these guys ditch any but the bare minimum of protection to gain less impaired movement. And braces cause a lot of movement restriction, so i can see pros moving away from them for that reason alone.
My leatt caused a bunch of neck stain for me so I stopped wearing it

Hey buddy, hope things are improving for you in life now onwards

So with neck braces is it that they’re used only for racing or are they restrictive to do standard dj practise on?

Bi my day we had no such thing apart from full dainese body armour if we felt need to spend out £200 big ones or so lol

I might need a full face

Can anyone locate in UK for me a 100% carbon fully?

Much appreciated :-D

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
I've got a 2012 Fox 40 Fit RC2 and I've been trying to figure out what's the absolute limit for how far up the stanchions I can run the top crown (have a direct mount stem). ie how much space between the top of the stanchion and top of the crown must be maintained.

Looked through the Fox manual for it and I can't seem to figure it out Confused

Plenty of people run them essentially at the end of the stanchion.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
Found an old ethirteen LG1+ downhill bashguard/chainguide thats been barely used, would it fit with ok clearance on my 2018 SC nomad with a 30t ring, or will it be just too big and potentially hit the ground sometimes on rocks and such?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 0:30 Quote
Owensven wrote:
Found an old ethirteen LG1+ downhill bashguard/chainguide thats been barely used, would it fit with ok clearance on my 2018 SC nomad with a 30t ring, or will it be just too big and potentially hit the ground sometimes on rocks and such?

Thanks
There where two sizes for these, the smaller one should work fine. The larger will not.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
pwinters wrote:

I use TLD Stage for the second season now. No troubles at all. MIPS certified. Super comfortable even with my quite huge beard. Looks cool and you stay cool. A very solid choice IMO.
Mips isn't a certification.
The Stage is also not really a DH helmet.

I've seen the old Fox Rampage Pro Carbon on closeout for under $300.

I had a small crash last with my Fox Proframe. Helmet shell cracked and I got a broken collarbone. The problem I had with the helmet..I had a big bruise on my forehead, and the impact wasn't that big.

No faith in those full face breathable helmets anymore.

My Fox Rampage Pro Carbon (new 2019 model) arriving next week.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
Ithats my thinking on semi ffacers

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
How do you guys travel to the bike park with all your gear? What kind of spares do you
Bring?

How and where do you store your riding gear?

Just doing some organizing and thought id see how you guys do things

I carry my armor and helmet in a mesh bag with change of clothes. Usually leave my gear in the mesh bag in my porch until next time
I use it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
I bring loadsa towls to wipe up da sticky residue in race pants from creaming over other peeps carbon rigs whilst also taking a dust mask to prevent carbon dust incading my lungs when they break right before my very eyes hahaha

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I bring loadsa towls to wipe up da sticky residue in race pants from creaming over other peeps carbon rigs whilst also taking a dust mask to prevent carbon dust incading my lungs when they break right before my very eyes hahaha

#drinkingandposting

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Something like that

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
I have a gear bucket, just a plastic tub thing I keep in my garage and then chuck in the car when I go to the bike park

Towels, Goggles in clean sandwich bags, sealant (always burp a tyre or two) & plugs, basic tools, I spare centreline rotor for some reason, set of brake pads and lots of food & water. Just common sense stuff.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
How do you guys travel to the bike park with all your gear? What kind of spares do you
Bring?

How and where do you store your riding gear?

Just doing some organizing and thought id see how you guys do things

I carry my armor and helmet in a mesh bag with change of clothes. Usually leave my gear in the mesh bag in my porch until next time
I use it.
I bring all the tools I have, tire booster and bleed kit too. A lot of spare tubes which i don't use because i run tubeless most of the times and flats are a rarity ( hope it stays that way), some spare tires in case i slice s sidewall, sealant, brake fluid, spare brakes (from my old bike), spare rotors (same as before), spare chain, some spokes, spare grips, spare brake pads, tape, an old derailleur, zip ties, shifting cables, spare valves, some tubeless rim strip, some 20 inch tubes because i use a ghetto tubeless in the rear tire and one of the most imlortant items: a bar (with a stem). I store my riding gear in a bag, the put the stinky or dirty clothes in a bucket so that it's easier to carry it back to wash it. Goggles always in their box. Everything in the trunk of my car. A cooler with food and a tank of water (10 liters, maybe less).

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015165
Mobile Version of Website