Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
How do you guys travel to the bike park with all your gear? What kind of spares do you
Bring?

How and where do you store your riding gear?

Just doing some organizing and thought id see how you guys do things

I carry my armor and helmet in a mesh bag with change of clothes. Usually leave my gear in the mesh bag in my porch until next time
I use it.
I usually run a my d3 and maybe knee guards on Park days. I have an evoc great bag with all my shit that rides in the hatch. Bike on the roof. I bring a tube and a multi tool.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 22:36 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
How do you guys travel to the bike park with all your gear? What kind of spares do you
Bring?

How and where do you store your riding gear?

Just doing some organizing and thought id see how you guys do things

I carry my armor and helmet in a mesh bag with change of clothes. Usually leave my gear in the mesh bag in my porch until next time
I use it.

Lunch beer and water in a grocery bag. Camelbak with multitool, tube and weed. And water. Armor and helmet and riding clothes, shock pump, floor pump etc in a moto gear bag. All in the trunk. I wear regular clothes on the way there and change back when I'm done. I carry everything including beers and lunch in the camelbak when im riding so i never have to go back to the car. I keep the moto bag packed up ready to go in the garage.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:33 Quote
Sounds like we could be riding buddies gonzo.

Thanks dudes

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
I on the other hand sometimes go to the park by train. Then i bring my bike, wear my kit, multitool and first aid kit in the backpack and call it good

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Local bike park is an hour away. If I was doing a further drive/ weekend I'd bring more tools/ maybe spares.

Medium duffle carries dedicated riding gear like jersey, bike shorts, pads, and helmet. Small 1L hip pack to carry multitool + tubeless plugs + co2+ snack + 600ml water. Then basic shop tools (like I'm not bringing a cassette or BB tool), shock pump, and a floor pump. Food and water as needed.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
I have a problem, I bought second hand Marchocchi Roco WC for my Demo 8 2015 and to my supprise I cant fit the eyelet into shock extension because its wider than the original FOX shock, my question is, if there were more variants of this shock extensions, or I can only have shock with thigher eyelet?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
I think there’s only rockshox and fox variants if I remember correctly

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
I managed to switch the shaft and the eyelet (shock body and rebound assembly are from roco and shaft and eyelet is from fox) and hopefully the shock will survive this modification ...

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
Sevoren wrote:
I managed to switch the shaft and the eyelet (shock body and rebound assembly are from roco and shaft and eyelet is from fox) and hopefully the shock will survive this modification ...
Roco eyelet and fix eyelet are same. Did you remove the du bushing?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Sevoren wrote:

Fox eyelet is narrower than the MZ but their shaft have same 1/2" diameter, so bushings and seals fits nice, only difference is that marzocchi have thicker rebound needle and so is the bolt that holds shimstack with assembly, fox have thiner needle and bolt.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 5:31 Quote
Sevoren wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Sevoren wrote:

Fox eyelet is narrower than the MZ but their shaft have same 1/2" diameter, so bushings and seals fits nice, only difference is that marzocchi have thicker rebound needle and so is the bolt that holds shimstack with assembly, fox have thiner needle and bolt.

That's a very interesting modification you should upload pictures

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
Hello all!

I am looking for a sram dub bsa 83mm bb for my 2015 giant glory but I can't seem to find any, there's 68, 73 and 100mm.
Am I looking for the wrong thing, I can't believe there's nothing out there.
I saw they have it for cannondale Ai but I not sure if it will work.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
Izakish wrote:
Hello all!

I am looking for a sram dub bsa 83mm bb for my 2015 giant glory but I can't seem to find any, there's 68, 73 and 100mm.
Just run the 73 without the center piece. The bearing chips are the same.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Thanks man, I was scratching my head here lol
ajax-ripper wrote:
Izakish wrote:
Hello all!

Just run the 73 without the center piece. The bearing chips are the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014804
Mobile Version of Website