Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
Looking to update the wheels on M9 but keeping the same hubs.

Currently on there are 26" Mavic 823's, but since the M9 can take a 27.5 wheel I'm wondering what's available now, rim wise, that is the equivalent to the good ol 823?

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

Currently on there are 26" Mavic 823's, but since the M9 can take a 27.5 wheel I'm wondering what's available now, rim wise, that is the equivalent to the good ol 823?
The 729 is available in 650b, personally I think mavic is no longer relevant and your money is better spent elsewhere.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

FR570 is a pretty solid option.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

The 729 is available in 650b, personally I think mavic is no longer relevant and your money is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah I'm definitely not looking to stick with Mavic. And the 729 seems pretty freaking heavy.

Nobble wrote:
FR570 is a pretty solid option.

Wish I could have nabbed them on the CRC sale.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Do mavic still have the best idea for tubeless? No bloody tape!!!!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
i have a 26" bike but need new forks. Could I get a 27.5 fork? Im asking this because all I can find for new forks is 27.5 and 29" forks that are triple crown.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
badbmx33 wrote:
i have a 26" bike but need new forks. Could I get a 27.5 fork? Im asking this because all I can find for new forks is 27.5 and 29" forks that are triple crown.

Yes you can, but there are a bunch of 26” forks in the buy and sell section.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Do Mavic still shear at flanges and split rimage

Wouldn’t touch Mavic factory wheels with a poo stick even

Though I have their rims on a new to me bike to find out if the rims will split at the seams lol

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Do Mavic still shear at flanges and split rimage

Wouldn’t touch Mavic factory wheels with a poo stick even

Though I have their rims on a new to me bike to find out if the rims will split at the seams lol
My 821's are 6 nearly 7 years old and still look good

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 2:56 Quote
That’s good then as Their rims on own are far superior than that of their factory built wheel sets this I know

That’s all I need to know
Ta ma dar
:-)

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Can you expand on that a bit?

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
Basically Mavic has fallen behind in MTB and didn't catch up.
You can get much better value for your money with DT Swiss, Spank or Stans..

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
sup guys!

I'm in search of a good dh flat pedal below $100, I'm currently riding a large stamp7, have ridden stamp 3 and did not like them.
I tend to move my feet a lot and the pins make it very difficult to adjust them, I feel like a fish outta water if I don't feel the pedal underneath the ball of my foot. I wear a five10 freeride size 9.
I would appreciate if you guys can give me suggestions, thanks!

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
Izakish wrote:
sup guys!

I'm in search of a good dh flat pedal below $100, I'm currently riding a large stamp7, have ridden stamp 3 and did not like them.
I tend to move my feet a lot and the pins make it very difficult to adjust them, I feel like a fish outta water if I don't feel the pedal underneath the ball of my foot. I wear a five10 freeride size 9.
I would appreciate if you guys can give me suggestions, thanks!
Get clips if you want float

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021733
Mobile Version of Website