Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
There has been many reports the last few months here on Pinkbike forums about ti-springs.com.
Users complained about the spring they ordered not being delivered or not being refunded etc.

Search around on the forums, I have seen many posts about ti-springs.com with negative reviews.
mtbr.com / pinkbike / singletrack world.
I would'nt buy from them after reading the negative feedback, but that is just me.

There is good feedback as well, maybe TI-springs.com gives better user experience if you located in the US and when it goes international the issues appear, not sure. But I rather go with another company that is more hassle free.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
2 orders and 2 stuff ups with loooooong resolution times. (I'm talking 3 months plus both occasions) Other riding buddies who had similar dramas.

Now I know the bolt kits are straight from Alibaba I just get them direct from china in 7-10 days for 1/2 the price.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
Brasher wrote:
2 orders and 2 stuff ups with loooooong resolution times. (I'm talking 3 months plus both occasions) Other riding buddies who had similar dramas.

Now I know the bolt kits are straight from Alibaba I just get them direct from china in 7-10 days for 1/2 the price.
I hope you don't use those Chinese Ti bolts anywhere failure would be critical...

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Brasher wrote:

I hope you don't use those Chinese Ti bolts anywhere failure would be critical...

I seen some of friends snap their ti-bolts. So I stay away from ti-bolts.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
Racelink28 wrote:
Best new dh freeride frame?

Scott Gambler hands down

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
are droper posts posible

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
DANSILV600R wrote:
are droper posts posible
Depends on which frame. Most dh bikes have a fairly slack seat post angle and extending the post to ideal pedaling height will put you well over the rear wheel and make climbing a pain.

What do you want this bike to do?

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
Hi guys!
I recently switched from 10 to 7spd on my giant glory 2015 and started having shifting problems.
I got a sram PG 720 7spd cassette, 11spd chain sram red22 to go with it as suggested, and a sram x01spd shifter.
and kept the sram x01 10spd rear derailleur, not that I think it matters but I got the xo1 dh crank too.
Installed everything, set the limits on the derailleur and it shifts perfectly up to the 4th gear, but it tends to go up. When shifter is on 5th it goes up to 6th , shifter on 6th cassette on 7th, feels like the shifter is pulling too much cable.
So I thought, It's the hanger misaligned, so I bought a hanger aligner and aligned it with no issues but the gears still not working.
I'd appreciate the help, thanks!

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
Izakish wrote:
Hi guys!
I recently switched from 10 to 7spd on my giant glory 2015 and started having shifting problems.
I got a sram PG 720 7spd cassette, 11spd chain sram red22 to go with it as suggested, and a sram x01spd shifter.
and kept the sram x01 10spd rear derailleur, not that I think it matters but I got the xo1 dh crank too.
Installed everything, set the limits on the derailleur and it shifts perfectly up to the 4th gear, but it tends to go up. When shifter is on 5th it goes up to 6th , shifter on 6th cassette on 7th, feels like the shifter is pulling too much cable.
So I thought, It's the hanger misaligned, so I bought a hanger aligner and aligned it with no issues but the gears still not working.
I'd appreciate the help, thanks!
10/11 speed sram shifters and derailleurs have different pull ratio. You'll need a 11 speed derailleur. Alternatively sunrace makes a 7 sled dog with 10 speed spacing.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qHDLQB5rx/?igshid=1t4eesds7incs

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
KyleSlocomb wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qHDLQB5rx/?igshid=1t4eesds7incs

This is a thread for questions. Not to show your videos....

Some people cannot read subject titles...

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
Then some people sat on something dildo shaped

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 20:41 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Then some people sat on something dildo shaped

I am sure some did

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
Hi Riders, Commuters and Shredders!

Just like you we enjoy riding our bikes every chance we get. As you may know, there is always a chance that your precious ride may be stolen!

We have set out to create bicycle insurance by riders for riders. Whether you are a commuter, enthusiast, professional or beginner we have an easy, affordable plan for you.

We would greatly appreciate it if you spent 5 minutes to fill out our survey below. If you include your email (optional) in the survey you will automatically be entered to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card.

Now You Have a Friend in the Bike Business,
Diald Bike Insurance

https://forms.gle/4BKmLXi9hNgrk72K7

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Please stop spamming the forums.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015037
Mobile Version of Website