Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Hi,

Riding my Fox 40 - X2 coil combo for 2 years now and love it. Some friends are riding the Ohlins TTX and Dh38 fork and saying it outperforms Fox by far.

Just out for curiosity, is that really true? Maybe it could be an option to consider on the future..

Even when I love Ohlins suspensions on motorbikes, every time I see the TTX shock I wonder how it is realesed with only 3 positions for setup.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
norfiril wrote:
Hi,

Riding my Fox 40 - X2 coil combo for 2 years now and love it. Some friends are riding the Ohlins TTX and Dh38 fork and saying it outperforms Fox by far.

Just out for curiosity, is that really true? Maybe it could be an option to consider on the future..

Even when I love Ohlins suspensions on motorbikes, every time I see the TTX shock I wonder how it is realesed with only 3 positions for setup.

More adjustment doesnt mean better. Honestly i find most things out perform the 40.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:52 Quote
So, im not and avid DHer, I might get to the trails 2-3x per year, so im planning on picking up a 2013 Trek Session 9.9 from a friend, problem is it has a 150mm RS Recon on it (like 3hrs old) ..

I know thats small for the 210 in the rear, will it blend?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 2:56 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:

BB will be scraping the floor, and you'll be riding pitched forward. Get SC 180 or DC fork, anything else will be horrible. Like old dual position forks that everyone stoped using. When you drop your front THAT much, all other aspects are thrown off.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
It’ll “ blend “ just fine :-)

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

BB will be scraping the floor, and you'll be riding pitched forward. Get SC 180 or DC fork, anything else will be horrible. Like old dual position forks that everyone stoped using. When you drop your front THAT much, all other aspects are thrown off.

Well shit, ive got an old Marz Bomber 66rcv SC (180) that i can put on it, needs to probably be rebuilt and is heavy AF but bulletproof...

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
Hi all,

My buddy got a 29 fox 49 factory fork to replace his fox 40 27.5, but when we installed his Shimano deore m615 caliper, it didn't lign up with the rotor. We did installed the 27.5 wheel since he doesn't have the 29in wheel yet, but it should work anyways right? We thought about putting washers behind the rotor and on the caliper but we wanna get it done right.
I appreciate your help always, thanks!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
Boost 110 moves the hub flanges outwards, even tho the axle with stays the same compared to the old downhill standard. You can probably use a non boost to boost disc adapter that spaces the disc 6mm outwards if i remember correctly. Double check on that tho...

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Yes, there is the original 20x110 and there is the new 20x110 boost. Probably what you are running in to.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Yes, there is the original 20x110 and there is the new 20x110 boost. Probably what you are running in to.

My buddy is buying a new 29in wheel boost axle, and now he's thinking of putting a 29in rear wheel on a 27.5 frame.
Have you guys done it or know someone? He has a 2016/17 Scott Gambler, we moved the wheel back and looks like there's enough space. I told Him about the bb height but he doesn't care.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
kwapik wrote:

I’ve never seen this before but have been curious what was going on. Thank you for sharing!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
Should your dh bike have a shorter or longer reach than your enduro bike

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
Reignweb wrote:
Likely about same.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 22:31 Quote
Izakish wrote:
kwapik wrote:

My buddy is buying a new 29in wheel boost axle, and now he's thinking of putting a 29in rear wheel on a 27.5 frame.
Have you guys done it or know someone? He has a 2016/17 Scott Gambler, we moved the wheel back and looks like there's enough space. I told Him about the bb height but he doesn't care.

Theres a decent chance it will fit. I had a 2014 gambler that I converted to 27.5 from 26. Is he planning on getting a 29er fork though?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 2:44 Quote
Reignweb wrote:

Close to the same possibly 5-10mm shorter on the dh bike.

The geo between dh and enduro is so close now. Take for instance I have an XL Sworks demo8, it’s geo is actually tamer than my stumpjumper Evo trail/enduro/park/dh/monstertruck bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014911
Mobile Version of Website