Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 4:47 Quote
Why not? It’s only a short survey? And it’s important for my studies - but ok..sorry for asking.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
AlexKi wrote:
Hey, I am a Student from Germany and in course of my studies I execute a survey about riding downhill. Could you please fill in my questionnaire and share it in your story or with your friends? I need your help to make it successful.

Please help me!

This is the link: https://forms.gle/rQ7J7BCJMY9H34E58

Alex

Done.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
AlexKi wrote:
Thanks!

done

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
I just bought a 2006 Astrix Havoc on Craigslist for a price I couldn’t pass up. With that being said, it’s missing a component of the rear suspension. It’s the pair of linkages that the rear shock mounts to, I believe Astrix refers to it as Motolink. I have access to a machine shop, so I would be able to recreate the parts. Are there any Astrix owners/gurus that would be able to send me the basic measurements for these parts?

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
Opinion on buying used vs new DH bike for begginers ? Need to know since i want to start doing DH in 2020. And which bikes are good for beginner?

Thank you

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
meebo wrote:
Opinion on buying used vs new DH bike for begginers ? Need to know since i want to start doing DH in 2020. And which bikes are good for beginner?

Thank you

The only thing that depreciates as much as a rolls royce is a new DH bike. Get something a season old and save big dollars.

Are you sure you want a Downhill bike?

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
Brasher wrote:
meebo wrote:

Thank you

The only thing that depreciates as much as a rolls royce is a new DH bike. Get something a season old and save big dollars.

I already have mountain bike but its hard to ride it in the forrest or on bumpy roads so i think of DH yea or thinking its best idea to buy it.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
meebo wrote:
Brasher wrote:
meebo wrote:

Thank you

I already have mountain bike but its hard to ride it in the forrest or on bumpy roads so i think of DH yea or thinking its best idea to buy it.

That's not what dh bikes are for.
They are meant to be ridden in the bike park and on dedicated trails or race tracks. If you wanna just ride around your local area on bumpy roads or on simple trails, it's not what you want.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
meebo wrote:
Brasher wrote:

That's not what dh bikes are for.
They are meant to be ridden in the bike park and on dedicated trails or race tracks. If you wanna just ride around your local area on bumpy roads or on simple trails, it's not what you want.

So Endoru bikes should be good for that ?

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
Does anybody run the fox flexair full length pants? (or similar)

I'm keen to give trousers a try but not sure what to do about knee pads?

I have the fox launch pro D3O knee pads, which I like a lot, but they are relatively chunky. With the fox pants being quite fitted I can imagine the knee pads looking kinda dumb worn underneath them and I can also imagine it getting real sweaty under there.

Do people go for lower profile knee pads when wearing pants? Or do they fit under better than I think they will?

Pls advise

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036862
Mobile Version of Website