Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 2:26 Quote
Ah yep. Thanks for the correction. Always get 10-11 speed mixed up.
Too many dam speeds

I guess a good way to tell is if it’s a xd hub it’s 11 speed or if it’s a normal shimano splined hub it’s 10 speed

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 2:49 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Ah yep. Thanks for the correction. Always get 10-11 speed mixed up.
Too many dam speeds

I guess a good way to tell is if it’s a xd hub it’s 11 speed or if it’s a normal shimano splined hub it’s 10 speed

Shimano 10spd and 11spd are same hub. Only 12spd uses new Micro Spline

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
Izakish wrote:

Because he doesn't wanna have to buy a new derailleur, chain and shifter.
He bought his bike a few years ago and it came with 10spd, like mine, but I switched up to 7, and besides weight loss, it didn't make a difference to me, and now a got a bunch of parts in the closet.

You don’t have to change all that. You just need a longer limit screw to stop the derailier shifting past the 7th gear
Errr, maybe. If the distance between each fear is the same as a Shimano or sram 10 speed unit this is true. However if it's sram 7 speed spacing this is false.
When I switched to 7sp, I got a sram PG720 cassette and X01 7spd shifter, after that I had to get a 11spd chain cause of the cassette, and kept my 10spd sram x01dh derailleur, shifter did not work, so I just put the old sram x7 10spd one back. I regretted switching for less wait and less gear which didn't even matter.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
The Special Ed Demo comes with a 10spd cassette, chopped down to 7. A longer limit screw causes the shifting to bind up, so they use a cable clamp to limit the derailleur.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
Let's bring it back here, dude is talking about the e13 wheels with the integrated 7 speed cassette. These use sram 11 speed spacing and are therefore incompatible with any 10 speed system.

There are many 7 sled systems that use 10 speed spacing however this is not one of them.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 1:40 Quote
Had to put new tyres on the 26" DH bike, as I was short of cash I went with DHF and DHR but i got them in 2.35inches. I normally ride 2.5 magic Mary on my DH bike so i thought 0.15inches wont make a lot of difference.
I put them on and it looks like i have cyclo cross tyres on!! They really are a lot skinnier. Is it all in my mind as I used to ride 2.1inches and never had a problem. Is it just the effect of coming from 2.5 and it's all in my mind? Am I going to die in the first corner or rock garden?
Should I just ride or swap the front for a more substantial tyre?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 1:57 Quote
Maxxis in general are just skinnier than schwalbe. A 2.35 schwalbe is roughly equivalent to a 2.5 maxxis. So yeah it is a pretty big difference going from a 2.5 Mary.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 2:09 Quote
Modern Maxxis tires are true to size. 2.5 WT Minion dwarfs 2.35 Magic Mary now.
26ers though were skinny. If you have 25mm or wider rims, 2.35 Minions will corner like shit, compared to Magic Mary. Speaking from first hand here..

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
Thanks guys, they are on deemax so I think they are around the 23mm mark.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
You’ll be absolutely fine

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
I think you might die

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
I think you might die
There is always that possibility, especially the way I tend to fall off far more than my mates. But hey, near death experiences can still be fun????

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
Holy NARROWNESS BATMAN!

Deffo rather you than me

RIP bruva from anuva muva

;-d

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
Anyone know where I can get a full set of decent bearings for a 2018 Al canyon sender?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010104
Mobile Version of Website