Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Nothing gonna be tougher than old Sombrio ones I have

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
Thanks for the input! I will try and look for the older models, maybe someone still sells them, because I have not seen anything as good and durable since the older Motos went off the market.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
Thanks for the input! I will try and look for the older models, maybe someone still sells them, because I have not seen anything as good and durable since the older Motos went off the market.

I have been REALLY impressed with my Rocday shorts. They´re easily as good as the old Motos.
They´re much more flexible and comfy than the old Motos and are also less baggy. I´ve also had quite a few long slides on gravel, that would have trashed a lot of other pants/shorts, with them and they´re absolutely fine. They appear like some generic stretchy enduro shorts, but 4 seasons of DH haven´t been able to even put a scratch on them. Also no loose stitching whatsoever. The pockets work well too. All that for 99€ is probably the best deal on the market right now. Only downside is there are not many colourways available. I highly recommend checking them out.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
What do you guys think of this: https://www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bikes/mountain/gravity/collosus-dh9-team/
Is it worth 7.5 grand?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:

I have been REALLY impressed with my Rocday shorts. They´re easily as good as the old Motos.
They´re much more flexible and comfy than the old Motos and are also less baggy. I´ve also had quite a few long slides on gravel, that would have trashed a lot of other pants/shorts, with them and they´re absolutely fine. They appear like some generic stretchy enduro shorts, but 4 seasons of DH haven´t been able to even put a scratch on them. Also no loose stitching whatsoever. The pockets work well too. All that for 99€ is probably the best deal on the market right now. Only downside is there are not many colourways available. I highly recommend checking them out.

Thanks, i will check them out. As long as they come in black, that's all the colors i need ;D

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:29 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
What do you guys think of this: https://www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bikes/mountain/gravity/collosus-dh9-team/
Is it worth 7.5 grand?

Not a bad deal. I only not sure about the Suntour Rux (I never rode with this fork before).
The rest of the bike got impressive equipment on it. Good brakes, FSA headset etc.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
Does anyone know if the new TLD Moto shorts are made from the same material as the old ones? I don't have the ability to see and touch them in person. I believe the old ones were made from 600D polyester which is really strong and very durable.

600D bike shorts?! damn. i wear 600D clothing for work (construction). My fox demo shorts are 3 seasons old. been wearing them basically every weekend all year long. They are finally starting to show wear.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 21:55 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
Does anyone know if the new TLD Moto shorts are made from the same material as the old ones? I don't have the ability to see and touch them in person. I believe the old ones were made from 600D polyester which is really strong and very durable.

600D bike shorts?! damn. i wear 600D clothing for work (construction). My fox demo shorts are 3 seasons old. been wearing them basically every weekend all year long. They are finally starting to show wear.

My Fox shorts last long as well. I only hate the zippers of Fox. Such a crappy ones.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
Is it worth 7.5 grand?

Not a bad deal. I only not sure about the Suntour Rux (I never rode with this fork before).
The rest of the bike got impressive equipment on it. Good brakes, FSA headset etc.

Yeah, I love Polygon and use their bikes so often. my current DH bike is a S-Works Demo Race, and I cannot afford to buy such a bike again. I just snapped the frame, and a friend wanted the components, so I gave them to him. now I am in the market for a new (and mediocre-to-good) quality DH bike for pretty cheap. anyway, thank you for your help!

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:39 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
Is it worth 7.5 grand?

Yeah, I love Polygon and use their bikes so often. my current DH bike is a S-Works Demo Race, and I cannot afford to buy such a bike again. I just snapped the frame, and a friend wanted the components, so I gave them to him. now I am in the market for a new (and mediocre-to-good) quality DH bike for pretty cheap. anyway, thank you for your help!

I had a Polygon in the paste. I Think they are 1 of the few with good value-for-money.
Sorry to hear that you broke the frame of your Spesh.

I got an extra frame for my DH bike, in case this one will get dented or snap.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
Any experience with Ohlins DH 38 fork? Some riders say its far better than Fox 40/49 Factory or Boxxers, but is it true? As far as I'm reading reviews it doesn't look like it

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
norfiril wrote:
Any experience with Ohlins DH 38 fork? Some riders say its far better than Fox 40/49 Factory or Boxxers, but is it true? As far as I'm reading reviews it doesn't look like it

How can a single crown beat the stability of a dual crown?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 4:19 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:

I have a pair of the new moto shorts. I'm not sure if they're 600D but I can say they are very durable not much for stretch but they are still comfortable. ventilation is killer on hot days!

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
norfiril wrote:

How can a single crown beat the stability of a dual crown?
It's their dh fork. It's a dual crown.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

I had a Polygon in the paste. I Think they are 1 of the few with good value-for-money.
Sorry to hear that you broke the frame of your Spesh.

I got an extra frame for my DH bike, in case this one will get dented or snap.
Yeah, I should probably do that, as I tend to ride semi-recklessly sometimes. I don’t know exactly what happened, but I ended up getting a really bad concussion. I hope you never have to go through that! Anyways, I was told that S-Works Demos were super sturdy, but offered not so much frame flex.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010421
Mobile Version of Website