Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Anyone know where you'd get rear spring spacers? I got a new frame and a Vidid R2C shock and would love to use my Vault spring on it but the threading on the Vivid is not long enough to capture the Vault spring Frown
does your spring have enough stroke for the shock?

Yup, I'm using it on the exact same eye to eye & shock stroke measurement (just going from a CCDB to a Vivid R2C). The Vault springs are just shorter than their equivalent weight springs.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Anyone know where you'd get rear spring spacers? I got a new frame and a Vidid R2C shock and would love to use my Vault spring on it but the threading on the Vivid is not long enough to capture the Vault spring Frown

Yup, I'm using it on the exact same eye to eye & shock stroke measurement (just going from a CCDB to a Vivid R2C). The Vault springs are just shorter than their equivalent weight springs.
I could make one for you if you provide dimensions.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
I am thinking of swapping my good old Marzocchi 380 C2R2 for a new fork. I want to give air suspension a try since I have only tried it on friends bikes, never had it on my own bike. I am thinking about the Formula Nero R or the Dorado, is the latter still a good fork to buy new? They have not come out with any new versions of it for a while now. I can get both for around the same price.
Just curious why do you not like you Marzocchi anymore? Or u just wanna try something new? I have the Marzocchi on my Glory and it seems ok but I wonder how much better a fox 40 would be.

The 380 is an amazing fork and I'd say one of the best out there. I have been using it for 5 years now and just wanted to try something new. I would still keep the 380, service it, and have it as a reserve ;D

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

I can make you one from aluminum. I just need some rough dimensions

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
Super alloy racing do spacers for their springs. Would probably work with others

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
got a 2016 boxxer world cup, anyone know if the new 2019 boxxer crowns are compatable? I'm pretty sure they'll fit, just wanna see if anyone knows for sure or just a second opinion.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
got a 2016 boxxer world cup, anyone know if the new 2019 boxxer crowns are compatable? I'm pretty sure they'll fit, just wanna see if anyone knows for sure or just a second opinion.

I'm pretty sure they would as the stantions are the same size. I would email or phone sram

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:

I'm pretty sure they would as the stantions are the same size. I would email or phone sram
they're different part numbers in the RS spare parts catalog, so I'd say it's unlikely.

Edit: and the axles aren't the same anymore either.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:

they're different part numbers in the RS spare parts catalog, so I'd say it's unlikely.

AFAIK they changed the thread in the tubes for the new boxxer. They´re definitely not the same part anymore, but they´re still the same diameter and should therefore be compatible with either crown as far as i can see.
Best to contact SRAM to make sure though.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 17:38 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

AFAIK they changed the thread in the tubes for the new boxxer. They´re definitely not the same part anymore, but they´re still the same diameter and should therefore be compatible with either crown as far as i can see.
Just because they're the same diameter doesn't mean they're the same distance apart or offset from the steerer tube (if you're only looking for one)

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Loki87 wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Just because they're the same diameter doesn't mean they're the same distance apart or offset from the steerer tube (if you're only looking for one)
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they change the color? I imagine a silver crown will carry a different P/N then a black one ????‍♂️

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Loki87 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they change the color? I imagine a silver crown will carry a different P/N then a black one ????‍♂️
yes, but with parts like that they typically only carry one color for old parts. When I looked earlier they only showed one PN for the Black 2010-2018 crown.

Since they have a new axle, lowers, and stanchions, I'd be surprised if they were interchangeable. It's not impossible, but unlikely.

RS Spare Catalog Available here

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
yes, but with parts like that they typically only carry one color for old parts. When I looked earlier they only showed one PN for the Black 2010-2018 crown.

Since they have a new axle, lowers, and stanchions, I'd be surprised if they were interchangeable. It's not impossible, but unlikely.

idk there is stuff on new 40's that are still interchangeable with almost decade old 40's. Hell I can get the parts to upgrade my 2011 (Think that's the year) 40 to an almost brand new one.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

idk there is stuff on new 40's that are still interchangeable with almost decade old 40's. Hell I can get the parts to upgrade my 2011 (Think that's the year) 40 to an almost brand new one.

Is that so. I checked recently for kashima coated stanchions for my Fox40 Fit RC2 from 2013 (coil). I cannot find any place that sells these stanchions. I did find 2016-2018 Kashima coated stanchions but to get them fit onto my fork I was told that I need to get the new airshaft as well to get them fit. So that became too expensive for this simple upgrade. So waiting until I might find a 2015 Fox40 coil that might come up as a sale.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:

Forgot about that. Axle width has changed so they won't fit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website