Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Gloves.

What are you using for gloves?

I like 100% but they don't last more than half a season. Tried some Leatt's and the back split open from a crash. Have also tried HandUp but I'm not a fan of the material on the palms.

i go through gloves at last once a year. But I don't ride every weekend. some other factors to think about if burning through gloves that fast. (you don't have to answer, just something to think about) What Grips are you using and How hard are you gripping?

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
I am forever blowing out the fingertips on my gloves. I've never found a pair where the stitching on the sides of the fingers isnt a weak point. Fox were long my favourite, despite this issue. Now using a set of Dakine gloves. I haven't had them long, but first impressions are really good.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
I just get whatever is in the sale bin at the shop lol. There's a mtb outlet store here so I stock up on clearance glove. Usually dakine at 50 to 70% off. If they only last a month I don't care

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
Loved the way that my 100% gloves fit but like above it they didn’t last as long as I would have liked.

I have had a few pairs of dakine gloves and they have always been sturdy with slightly less than ideal fit.

Giro dnd’s where great until my dog got ahold of one of them.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Loved the way that my 100% gloves fit but like above it they didn’t last as long as I would have liked.

I have had a few pairs of dakine gloves and they have always been sturdy with slightly less than ideal fit.

Giro dnd’s where great until my dog got ahold of one of them.

My dog ate my expensive dakine sock today. Almost cried.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
Prime Rocket, anyone got one? 6k€ for a full carbon frame, Fox Factory suspension and RSC brakes is pretty good bang for the buck. The only negative is that it's 29 only and there is no mullet option.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 3:53 Quote
40% recommended sag, 40% progression and suitable for air AND coil? It seems to me like this is a bike thats gonna have an active ride height that sits well over half way through the travel.With specs this far from the norm I feel like a company needs to back up their design with some serious explanations. Explanations their website fails to provide...I'd want to read A LOT of reviews before spending money on this.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
Prime Rocket, anyone got one? 6k€ for a full carbon frame, Fox Factory suspension and RSC brakes is pretty good bang for the buck. The only negative is that it's 29 only and there is no mullet option.

Jesus. I paid about 2000 less for my supreme lol. Similar spec except I have rockshox ultimate. Crazy people think that's a good deal these days.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
So its time to upgrade the wheels on the Tues, currently I have the e thirteen LG1 wheelset 27.5 and they are dented out of round and out of true. So I need to upgrade.

Any recommendations?

I am around 200 lbs and ride at Winter Park CO USA

Not looking to break the bank but want something that will last, also running cush core pro.
Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
robacks wrote:
So its time to upgrade the wheels on the Tues, currently I have the e thirteen LG1 wheelset 27.5 and they are dented out of round and out of true. So I need to upgrade.

Any recommendations?

I am around 200 lbs and ride at Winter Park CO USA

Not looking to break the bank but want something that will last, also running cush core pro.
Thanks

For your next wheelset I'd go with raceface atlas. Light and pretty strong.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
I am happy with my stans ex3 rims definitely strong.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
RS Boxxer question.

I'm 80kg (180 lbs) and I used to ride RS Lyrik RC2 (180 mm, Charger 2.1) at around 25% sag (80 psi, 2 tokens, compressions in the middle).
Now I got a bike with a Boxxer WC 2019 with Charger 2 and with the same sag (125 psi, 4 tokens) it feels too active. There's so much suspension movement even with a fully closed LSC.
I'll try to add tokens, but I don't think it gonna affect that first half of the travel...
Any ideas? Should I just go for 20 or even 15% sag?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
mafflin wrote:
RS Boxxer question.

I'm 80kg (180 lbs) and I used to ride RS Lyrik RC2 (180 mm, Charger 2.1) at around 25% sag (80 psi, 2 tokens, compressions in the middle).
Now I got a bike with a Boxxer WC 2019 with Charger 2 and with the same sag (125 psi, 4 tokens) it feels too active. There's so much suspension movement even with a fully closed LSC.
I'll try to add tokens, but I don't think it gonna affect that first half of the travel...

Common issue with the the boxxer. Lacks mid stroke support. I have a 2021 ultimate and same thing. I have quite a bit of lsc and 3 clicks of hsc with 15% sag

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
mafflin wrote:
RS Boxxer question.

Yes

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I am happy with my stans ex3 rims definitely strong.

Got a bud I know who laps Bromont+MSA all weekend/every weekend in a season with EX3's+Cushcore. Finally broke his first one, but God damn do they take a beating.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019204
Mobile Version of Website