Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
fredro wrote:
Suspension and brakes for 6k?!?
What’d you get??

I was interested in this as well. Full trickstuff and intend?

Still wouldn't be 6k...

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
That would be Canadian peso's so like $500 USD

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 17:50 Quote
Correction it was only 5k.

Looks like I have an extra budget haha

I got an ohlins dh 38 M1 and you guys are going to laugh but- an Ohlins coil that I dont know the name of, but they said its the shock I want

I got saints, and hope rotors. Seems like an odd combo but these days its hard to get stuff.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
Parts are scarce and some stuff as much as a year til back in stock.

Ended up doing xtr brakes and sram rotors for new project because that’s what was available.

Speaking of which, what’s the best way to integrate the SRAMmano hybrid combo. Is it ispec/matchmaker, or some aftermarket brand like Wolftooth that does the single clamp integration for cleaner bars?

Need that

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 3:35 Quote
fredro wrote:
Parts are scarce and some stuff as much as a year til back in stock.

Ended up doing xtr brakes and sram rotors for new project because that’s what was available.

Speaking of which, what’s the best way to integrate the SRAMmano hybrid combo. Is it ispec/matchmaker, or some aftermarket brand like Wolftooth that does the single clamp integration for cleaner bars?

Need that

Look up "problem solvers" they should have what you need. Used them for single clamp Shimano brakes with sram shifter. Heaps of options available

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Just emailed Problem Solvers and Wolf Tooth to see their options. TKS. Salute

edit: Problem Solvers just responded, and there are no options for my setup. Bummer. Hopefully Wolftooth has something that'll work.

For reference, I'm running XTR M9120 brakes with AXS dropper, and AXS XX1 shifter.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
fredro wrote:

edit: Problem Solvers just responded, and there are no options for my setup. Bummer. Hopefully Wolftooth has something that'll work.

For reference, I'm running XTR M9120 brakes with AXS dropper, and AXS XX1 shifter.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/shiftmount

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
fredro wrote:

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/shiftmount

Yes, I looked in to that, but when you read compatibility issues, it says that the mount will work, but the placement of the AXS lever won't be ideal for most riders. Not sure how the feel and reach will be.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Fredro- why do you need to use one clamp for the brake and shifter?

I run shimano brakes and sram shifter on my dh bike but have no issues with fitment.

Or is it just to clean up the bars?

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
Cleaner cockpit, less clutter. OCD feels better lol.

Mostly aesthetics to be honest. Also one less thing to tighten and loosen

Not a deal breaker, just my preference

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 3:58 Quote
I see thanks for explaining

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
I know how I like my shifter and brake ergos often you can't get them with two clamps and have to use a match maker

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
I know how I like my shifter and brake ergos often you can't get them with two clamps and have to use a match maker
this is what I have found as well running flatter lever positioning.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 16:05 Quote
Do any of you guys use aftermarket brake pads because they are better?

I need some new brake pads and was just wondering. I have been asking alot about parts here - the collective knowledge is great

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Do any of you guys use aftermarket brake pads because they are better?

I need some new brake pads and was just wondering. I have been asking alot about parts here - the collective knowledge is great

I do simply because they are way cheaper. I get mine from here

https://thebasicbikeco.com/

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010268
Mobile Version of Website