Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
It's worth it if you don't mind the work and the mess, unless you just get mom and dad to get you new rims...

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
mior wrote:
fredro wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

yup

Bet a single wall rim where the nipples really poke up would be a bitch to tape.

Absolutely, it's a shit show to do. Way back in the day, before I was able to afford just switching parts up, I had to convert non tubeless rims to tubeless rims, and what a nightmare it was. But eventually got it done. Was messy, and took several attempts, and didn't even hold air too well, but it got done lol.
Would it even be worth it, im 5'4 and 13 yrs old and like 120lbs, and i dont like workin too hard

Do it kid! build your own shit. Make crap products work for you. Lessons about bike mods learnt now will serve you for a lifetime.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
mior wrote:
fredro wrote:

Absolutely, it's a shit show to do. Way back in the day, before I was able to afford just switching parts up, I had to convert non tubeless rims to tubeless rims, and what a nightmare it was. But eventually got it done. Was messy, and took several attempts, and didn't even hold air too well, but it got done lol.
Would it even be worth it, im 5'4 and 13 yrs old and like 120lbs, and i dont like workin too hard

Do it kid! build your own shit. Make crap products work for you. Lessons about bike mods learnt now will serve you for a lifetime.

Preach it bro!

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
ajaypate1 wrote:
Can I run shimano saint pads w/ fins in my shimano xt deore 4piston brakes?

Pretty sure they’re different shapes so no

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
mior wrote:

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
mior wrote:

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

-->Insert old man gripe about "kids these days" here--

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
lol u guys are funny. i just dont know cuz of tire burping and whatever, the bike its on is a 2015 diamondback db8

p.s. anything over like 50 bucks is out of budget bcuz i spent my life savings on 1 bike

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
ajaypate1 wrote:
Can I run shimano saint pads w/ fins in my shimano xt deore 4piston brakes?

Pretty sure they’re different shapes so no

You can run them, all 4 pot Shimano MTB brakes can take same pads afaik.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
Gotta say, major props to Shimano for doing that and not trying to have to figure out what year pads you need.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
The same pads go into the Tektro brakes I've got on my ebike

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
mior wrote:
lol u guys are funny. i just dont know cuz of tire burping and whatever, the bike its on is a 2015 diamondback db8

p.s. anything over like 50 bucks is out of budget bcuz i spent my life savings on 1 bike

a roll of gorilla tape- $7 or so
pair of valves- $10- 15
sealant- $20 or more depending on how much you buy

that should be all it takes the rest is just your hard work.

if you can run low pressure and don't get flats often it probably doesnt make sense to do it except for the experience of learning how to do it.

it's not rocket surgery. I did it on my bike a month ago. just take your time and make sure everything is clean.

you also can go with the old old school ghetto tubeless setup with a 24" tube instead of tape, that might work better for non-tubless ready rims but I haven't tried it myself

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
mior wrote:

Do whatever costs less to pedal more.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
CheeseburgerBandit wrote:
mior wrote:

Do whatever costs less to pedal more.

oh shit bobanders profile pic right after I snuck in a TPB quote Beer

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
Looking for some recommendations for fenders for dual crown fork.

I see these nice bolt on fenders for fox 38’s. But nothing like that for dual crown ohlins?

Should I just get one of those zip tied fenders?

My old fork manitou dorado has a real nice bolt on fender, miss that fender lol

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Looking for some recommendations for fenders for dual crown fork.

I see these nice bolt on fenders for fox 38’s. But nothing like that for dual crown ohlins?

Should I just get one of those zip tied fenders?

My old fork manitou dorado has a real nice bolt on fender, miss that fender lol
i use the zip tied ones and they work fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011255
Mobile Version of Website