Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Depending on your preference (I like these), the mudhugger ones are really good. I really like the look of them too
Thepureface wrote:
Looking for some recommendations for fenders for dual crown fork.

I see these nice bolt on fenders for fox 38’s. But nothing like that for dual crown ohlins?

Should I just get one of those zip tied fenders?

My old fork manitou dorado has a real nice bolt on fender, miss that fender lol

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

I see these nice bolt on fenders for fox 38’s. But nothing like that for dual crown ohlins?

These are much nicer and more effective than those flat plastic ones.

https://shop.cyclepathpdx.com/mudhugger-quick-release-standard-front-fender.html

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
The mudhuggher fenders are so ugly though lol

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Nobble wrote:
The mudhuggher fenders are so ugly though lol

Stop smoking crack bro! It’s not good for u! It’s the flat plastic ones that look like shite! Beer

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
I’m looking for an intermediate downhill/ freeride bike. Is a 2016 intense m16 any good? I mean isn’t any bike good for freeride?

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
The M series are truely dh race focused bikes. If you want a bike that just soaks things up and goes fast they are great. If you want something a bit more lively they aren't really it. Great bikes, just very focused on race where as say the 951 evo they made had a bit more playfulness to it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Thanks for responding so fast, what about the 2015 Transition TR500?

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

These are much nicer and more effective than those flat plastic ones.

https://shop.cyclepathpdx.com/mudhugger-quick-release-standard-front-fender.html

Thank you

Im not too concerned on looks- Its all the same when Im riding. You guys are funny

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
TR500’s are legit.

Mod
Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
Michael-co wrote:

See if you can get a 2015 diamondback db8. perfect mix of dh and freeride (mcgazza's rampage bike) and you get get them super cheap

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
mior wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

See if you can get a 2015 diamondback db8. perfect mix of dh and freeride (mcgazza's rampage bike) and you get get them super cheap

The problem is I’m 6’5”

Mod
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
mior wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

The problem is I’m 6’5”

So was mcgazza

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
The M series are truely dh race focused bikes. If you want a bike that just soaks things up and goes fast they are great. If you want something a bit more lively they aren't really it. Great bikes, just very focused on race where as say the 951 evo they made had a bit more playfulness to it.
heck yeah, I still race an ol M9. It is such a sick bike!

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
I’m looking for an intermediate downhill/ freeride bike. Is a 2016 intense m16 any good? I mean isn’t any bike good for freeride?
I have a M16 and in 216mm setting it's very peddle friendly IMO for a DH bike, in 240mm setting is super plush. I'm considering running a 190/180mm SC 29 fork and a 11speed and using it for Enduro.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
AntN wrote:
Michael-co wrote:
I have a M16 and in 216mm setting it's very peddle friendly IMO for a DH bike, in 240mm setting is super plush. I'm considering running a 190/180mm SC 29 fork and a 11speed and using it for Enduro.
I can second this. I also had the 2 position lever added to my DHX2 to make it even more pedal friendly when i feel like riding my M16 on trails.

When i got my bike-used also-i had to replace the lower link bearings/axles. Previous owner must have torqued them to the point they crushed the tube in the link and was causing the bearings to lock and unthread the pivot axles...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049182
Mobile Version of Website