Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Mod
Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
Thoughts on a Kona operator 2019? Interested in buying a second hand one
how much is it for? Post the listing and we will give our opinions. Some people try to sell ex rentals for too much and some give great deals

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
mior wrote:
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
how much is it for? Post the listing and we will give our opinions. Some people try to sell ex rentals for too much and some give great deals

It's for $2700 aud

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
mior wrote:
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:

It's for $2700 aud

Nothing wrong with the Operator it should be a solid DH bike but it would all come down to condition and spec really.

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
Post a link to the bike

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
Post a link to the bike

It's through Facebook marketplace, which is currently playing up

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
hey I just completely obliterated my 2011 boxxer r2c2 today riding woodlot maple ridge bc any fork suggestions

-I ride a 2014 Norco aurum 6.1 and want to stick with full 26" setup
photo

Mod
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 20:17 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
hey I just completely obliterated my 2011 boxxer r2c2 today riding woodlot maple ridge bc any fork suggestions

-I ride a 2014 Norco aurum 6.1 and want to stick with full 26" setup
photo
no new 26er forks. get something decent off of pb.

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 20:28 Quote
yea I know that lol they definitely won't be brand new just wanting thoughts on forks im considering a 2011 Marzocchi Bomber 888 rc3 evo TI

O+
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
Is a sick fork as long as the stanchions are in good shape

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
not sure what its like over there but, here in the UK it's damn near impossible to get pre fox marzzo spares. pretty much killed the second hand marrzzo market. some service centres won't even touch them.
Don't Fox still sell 26 40's for free ride? I'm probably wrong?

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
yea I know that lol they definitely won't be brand new just wanting thoughts on forks im considering a 2011 Marzocchi Bomber 888 rc3 evo TI

I had one of those forks. It was a pain in the arse to be fair. I twisted about 4 sets of lowers in 2 years. There were bushing play issues with more than 1 set of lowers. The bottom out control thing was stupid, so i eventually took it out an put it in the bin. The open bath damper regularly got air gaps and had to be pumped up and down most mornings at the beginning of a ride to get any damping at all. And even during the brief periods that the lowers werent twisted, they still had reasonably bad friction. Not my favourite fork...

Mod
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 6:32 Quote
naptime wrote:
not sure what its like over there but, here in the UK it's damn near impossible to get pre fox marzzo spares. pretty much killed the second hand marrzzo market. some service centres won't even touch them.
Don't Fox still sell 26 40's for free ride? I'm probably wrong?
call up marzocchi mark. he ships anywhere im pretty sure

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
Ok thanks for the input I guess I'll steer clear of those what forks do you guys recommend looking for

Mod
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
Ok thanks for the input I guess I'll steer clear of those what forks do you guys recommend looking for
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2933690/ new in box suntour rux for a great price

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
brady7brady wrote:

Any boxxer with a charger damper in it is gonna be an ok fork as long as the bladder hasnt popped on the damper. Older than that and they aren't the best. The coil version was particularly good. Look out for ano wear on the stanchions. If you see any, steer clear. Definitely dont get anything with stanchions less than 35mm diameter.

Pretty much any fox 40 will be nice. Really old ones with ano stanchions might be a bit iffy. Anything kashima will probably be fine. Kashima is good. The older dampers werent amazing, but they were good enough. Look out for cracks in/around the dropouts.

Both will have at least basic service kits available for a few more years at least. It's hard to say the same about anything from one of the smaller brands.

The Marzo probably isnt as bad as I made out. It was ok, but not great. I'd run one again if I needed a fork and one came up super cheap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024128
Mobile Version of Website