Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
MTB's in a state at the mo... any gimmick to sell, some one will try an make $£€

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
Hey just wondering I have the option of rebuilding and replacing my dented stanchion on a 2012 bomber 888 rc3 evo for 370$ or buying a 2017 boxxer wc for 400$ what would you guys choose and why?

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 16:16 Quote
Depending on what boxxer it is maybe that route, or since winter is setting in soon maybe hold off and keep saving as well as checking the buysell etc for good deals

make sure you can still get parts for the 2012 fork
things like forks im not sure how they last after 10 years on a dh bike

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
the World Cup boxxer so its airsprung which I might change to coil. also its hard to find parts for the bomber I know but im more focussed on performance wise

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 18:06 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
the World Cup boxxer so its airsprung which I might change to coil. also its hard to find parts for the bomber I know but im more focussed on performance wise
dont. stay with air. the coil is a pain in the ass as it will take a few tries to get it right and each coil is 40-50 bucks

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 18:37 Quote
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:
dont. stay with air. the coil is a pain in the ass as it will take a few tries to get it right and each coil is 40-50 bucks

I’ve road coils on boxers so I know my weight and have someone willing to straight trade their coil side with my air side

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 19:14 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:

I’ve road coils on boxers so I know my weight and have someone willing to straight trade their coil side with my air side
oh ok

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:
mior wrote:

oh ok

ive never road air with a charger damper or coil with a charger damper how much better would it feel as a coil?

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 19:55 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:

oh ok

ive never road air with a charger damper or coil with a charger damper how much better would it feel as a coil?
i have the shitty moco damper. rebound doesnt work and my coil is too firm so i run open compression. i have no idea

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 2:00 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:

Absolutely change to coil. It's much much better, unless you are super light or super heavy

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
I’m 120-130
Im around 68kg (150 lbs) and currently have a medium coil in my boxxers. I get very little sag with this set up though. You would probably want a soft or x-soft, depending on rider preference

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
I’m 120-130
X SOFT 100% im on soft @145lbs and its too damn firm

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:
I’m 120-130

really? ive always ridden soft boxxer coils? with no compression though

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
brady7brady wrote:
mior wrote:
brady7brady wrote:
I’m 120-130

really? ive always ridden soft boxxer coils? with no compression though
i never use full travel but i dont do jumps i perfer it softer bcuz i race

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017890
Mobile Version of Website