Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Author Message
Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:16 Quote
i just got off the phone with bicycle world and they said it was not dangerous, yes its an inconvenience but not dangerous. the integrate of it would not be effected.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:17 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
i just got off the phone with bicycle world and they said it was not dangerous, yes its an inconvenience but not dangerous. the integrate of it would not be effected.

That may be so, but it looks a f*cking mess!

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:19 Quote
Dirty-Love wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
i just got off the phone with bicycle world and they said it was not dangerous, yes its an inconvenience but not dangerous. the integrate of it would not be effected.

That may be so, but it looks a f*cking mess!

really i thought it looked cleaner. i would have rather it stick up more so i could adjust it and what not, but aesthetically it looks nice.

but what good are looks if it does not fit you properly

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:22 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Dirty-Love wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
i just got off the phone with bicycle world and they said it was not dangerous, yes its an inconvenience but not dangerous. the integrate of it would not be effected.

That may be so, but it looks a f*cking mess!

really i thought it looked cleaner. i would have rather it stick up more so i could adjust it and what not, but aesthetically it looks nice.

but what good are looks if it does not fit you properly

Fair point dude. I have a 5mm spacer under my top crown, then 20mm on top. Pair that with some riser bars and I'm off.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:25 Quote
Dirty-Love wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
Dirty-Love wrote:


That may be so, but it looks a f*cking mess!

really i thought it looked cleaner. i would have rather it stick up more so i could adjust it and what not, but aesthetically it looks nice.

but what good are looks if it does not fit you properly

Fair point dude. I have a 5mm spacer under my top crown, then 20mm on top. Pair that with some rider bars and I'm off.

nice Beer

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
Dude, they are wrong. It is not safe, that crown NEEDS to have the steerer running right through it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 9:52 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
Dude, they are wrong. It is not safe, that crown NEEDS to have the steerer running right through it.

Seconded! Also they should know that there need to be a minimum length of fork leg extending from the top of the crown.

Get back to the store who have messed it to replace the steerer, at their cost, and do it yourself.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:04 Quote
Concretesnail wrote:
Charge262 wrote:
Dude, they are wrong. It is not safe, that crown NEEDS to have the steerer running right through it.

Seconded! Also they should know that there need to be a minimum length of fork leg extending from the top of the crown.

Get back to the store who have messed it to replace the steerer, at their cost, and do it yourself.

I agree with this, very, very unsafe.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:05 Quote
it looks pretty damn sketchy too.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:21 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
it looks pretty damn sketchy too.

yeah i am bringing it back to the shop, they said that they might be able to replace the steer tube, (take the old one out of the bottom crown and put in a new one) i hope they can otherwise i am going to have to lower the top crown so i can get the steer tube all the way threw. and then i will have to ride with handle bars that ate 2 low

this sucks, the first time i let the shop work on my bike instead of me they f*ck it up. Frown

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
nomis123 wrote:
it looks pretty damn sketchy too.

yeah i am bringing it back to the shop, they said that they might be able to replace the steer tube, (take the old one out of the bottom crown and put in a new one) i hope they can otherwise i am going to have to lower the top crown so i can get the steer tube all the way threw. and then i will have to ride with handle bars that ate 2 low

this sucks, the first time i let the shop work on my bike instead of me they f*ck it up. Frown

Find a different shop, those jokers obviously have no idea what they are talking about

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
nomis123 wrote:
it looks pretty damn sketchy too.

yeah i am bringing it back to the shop, they said that they might be able to replace the steer tube, (take the old one out of the bottom crown and put in a new one) i hope they can otherwise i am going to have to lower the top crown so i can get the steer tube all the way threw. and then i will have to ride with handle bars that ate 2 low

this sucks, the first time i let the shop work on my bike instead of me they f*ck it up. Frown

they wont do that. i wouldnt let them if i were you!!!!!!

they need to buy you a new lower crown/steerer tube.

im sorry but banging out a press fit thing (that is not meant to come out) and sticking another one in is just asking for it to brake on you.

literally walk in and get them to buy you a new lower crown, give you a refund and go to a different shop.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:37 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
nomis123 wrote:
it looks pretty damn sketchy too.

yeah i am bringing it back to the shop, they said that they might be able to replace the steer tube, (take the old one out of the bottom crown and put in a new one) i hope they can otherwise i am going to have to lower the top crown so i can get the steer tube all the way threw. and then i will have to ride with handle bars that ate 2 low

this sucks, the first time i let the shop work on my bike instead of me they f*ck it up. Frown

Find a different shop, those jokers obviously have no idea what they are talking about

Like everyone else said you will need a new lower crown, pressing a new sterrer in escpecially since they aren't doing it like the manufacturer (right temperature, pressure and tolerances) they are just going to deform the lower crown and mess it up even more. Tell them you want a new one even if they have to take if off another fork to get you out the door.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
bigbigbike wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
c4mtb wrote:


yeah i am bringing it back to the shop, they said that they might be able to replace the steer tube, (take the old one out of the bottom crown and put in a new one) i hope they can otherwise i am going to have to lower the top crown so i can get the steer tube all the way threw. and then i will have to ride with handle bars that ate 2 low

this sucks, the first time i let the shop work on my bike instead of me they f*ck it up. Frown

Find a different shop, those jokers obviously have no idea what they are talking about

Like everyone else said you will need a new lower crown, pressing a new sterrer in escpecially since they aren't doing it like the manufacturer (right temperature, pressure and tolerances) they are just going to deform the lower crown and mess it up even more. Tell them you want a new one even if they have to take if off another fork to get you out the door.

think of how retarded they are and then ask yourself if they will have another set of dorado's Wink

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
bigbigbike wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:


Find a different shop, those jokers obviously have no idea what they are talking about

Like everyone else said you will need a new lower crown, pressing a new sterrer in escpecially since they aren't doing it like the manufacturer (right temperature, pressure and tolerances) they are just going to deform the lower crown and mess it up even more. Tell them you want a new one even if they have to take if off another fork to get you out the door.

think of how retarded they are and then ask yourself if they will have another set of dorado's Wink

Hey I don't know the shop, that's just what I would do especially if it took me out of the saddle and was going to hang me up while they had to order parts becuase of a screw up. I'd look for a compromise on it or as was mentioned early get a refund on the full amount of a new Lower crown and head else where to get it. No point in going on a wild goose chase though if they happen to have another one in the shop. If they "have" what they need to press in a new steerer they should have an assembly.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017711
Mobile Version of Website