Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 17, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
hey guys, quick question, can i put a headset spacer under the top crown to raise handlebar height? or will that cause too much stress? thanks in advance!

If your steer tube is long enough so it clamps the top crown, you are fine.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 2:46 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
Heloo, I was riding my bike yesterday and I think I messed up my braking disc :/ My brake pads were almost done and I just wanted to finish them completely since the bikepark was almost closing for the day anyways. I don't feel any unevenness on the disc surface. Should I change the disc or leave it? I can take some pictures if needed.

Buump.

The pad backing is usually softer metal than the rotor, so it shouldn't be too bad. Sand the disc with coarse paper and clean with isopropyl and put in New pads. Go through the bed in process and you should be fine.

Thanks!

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
Would the Hope Tech 3 E4s be a downgrade from Formula The Ones? Heavier, less power? I know they can't possibly be harder to work on then Formulas haha

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 11:36 Quote
Ok, question; Im running Shimano Zee breaks, which break pads are all around better - Metal or Resin? for - stopping, pad life, how they hold up to heat, etc.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
JW9-23 wrote:
Ok, question; Im running Shimano Zee breaks, which break pads are all around better - Metal or Resin? for - stopping, pad life, how they hold up to heat, etc.
Metallic. Resin burn through really quickly. Metallic last me a year (last year I had over 75 days of riding, 20 of which were at bike parks). I tried resin pads when I was in a pinch. Lasted me 5 days at Whistler.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 12:04 Quote
NEED QUICK HELP!

hi.
can anyone tell me the size of the o-ring under the Bottom Out Adjuster in a RS Boxxer R2C2 2011 model??

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
Would the Hope Tech 3 E4s be a downgrade from Formula The Ones? Heavier, less power? I know they can't possibly be harder to work on then Formulas haha

Hopes are easily some of the best brakes on the market, definitely not a downgrade. They're probably heavier but excellent stopping power, decent modulation, easy to service, reliable as f*ck and look sweet.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 13:19 Quote
AlKalone wrote:
Georgy-Lowe wrote:

Hopes are easily some of the best brakes on the market, definitely not a downgrade. They're probably heavier but excellent stopping power, decent modulation, easy to service, reliable as f*ck and look sweet.
Plus spares are super easy to get hold of, UK made and backed up by Hopes excellent customer service. Oh and they come in purple!

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
AlKalone wrote:
Georgy-Lowe wrote:

Plus spares are super easy to get hold of, UK made and backed up by Hopes excellent customer service. Oh and they come in purple!

Oh yes, did we mention PURPLE? Smile

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
Dirtjumped for 2 years and just got a downhill (devinci Wilson 3) anyways whenever I land my arms are like fully compressed downwards and I've gone over the bars 3 times any suggestions are my forks too bouncy

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
IslandLife wrote:
Dirtjumped for 2 years and just got a downhill (devinci Wilson 3) anyways whenever I land my arms are like fully compressed downwards and I've gone over the bars 3 times any suggestions are my forks too bouncy
stop pushing down on the lip with your arms.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 18:14 Quote
IslandLife wrote:

if your rebound is too fast the fork might be pulling your front end down in the air. I'm a little confused though, are you bottoming out your forks every time when you land and that's what's making you endo? if that's the case you will need to increase compression damping if you have it or do something else to make it firmer.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 19:46 Quote
It's mostly on drops I'm going up tommorow so I'm going to try making my forks firmer and same with the back, just when I land my body just leans forward should I try leaving back in the air and making everything stiffer mostly just on the medium drops like 7 feet or so if that's medium
Thanks guys

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 19:51 Quote
IslandLife wrote:
It's mostly on drops I'm going up tommorow so I'm going to try making my forks firmer and same with the back, just when I land my body just leans forward should I try leaving back in the air and making everything stiffer mostly just on the medium drops like 7 feet or so if that's medium
Thanks guys

If your bike is nosing in towards the ground mid air its your body position. try to lean back a bit.

If your fork is blowing through the travel, + a downhill landing making you do an endo/ go OTB then its your compression. you want to stiffen the compression dial. rebound is how fast they bounce back after being compressed. I think a slightly fast rebound is what most people run. you dont want it to pack down in chopy stuff, but too much can make it feel like a pogo stick

your question was kind of vague, do your best to describe the problem, even post a vid if ya can and we will all help ya Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029869
Mobile Version of Website