Fox Kashima coating vs. standard coating

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox Kashima coating vs. standard coating
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2012 at 3:07 Quote
I am looking at buying a new Fox fork either a Van 180 or a Float 180 and have found some great deals on non-Kashima coated forks. Is it worth the extra few hundred dollars for the coating? I realise its smoother with but at my age (46) just not sure if its going to make me any faster or better rider.

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 at 3:14 Quote
I would go for the standard ones mate , as you are a few years older then many of the guys out there you won't get caught up in the ' OMG ITS GOLD IT MUST MAKE ME FASTER ' placebo/hype/bandwagon :p
Save the cash and treat your self to a week off work riding your new forks in Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2012 at 3:35 Quote
Get the standard then buy the new skf seals they will make a bigger diffrence for less money

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
Kashmima will get you infinitely more pussy. At your age, I'm thinking every little bit helps Smile

I'm only 40 so I'm rocking the standard coating. The kashmina is slippery as shit though

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 4:49 Quote
Whoaaaa there monkey boy! At 40 you're not too far behind me! When you get to my age you'll find most guys are too fat and out of shape to even think about riding a bike. Most are either bowling or playing softball or sitting around talking about how good they used to be. I think I am going to get the standard coating.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 5:25 Quote
Curious... What kind of chics even notice guys who ride mountain bikes? And I'm sure the ones that notices a Kashima coated fork, we wouldn't want to stick it.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
If she can notice what type of coating a fork leg has she has a real eye for detail.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 11:55 Quote
Q. what kind of woman notices Kasmina fork coating?

A. The one worth shagging and keeping.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 12:42 Quote
im a old man such as yourself and I went for the new coating but I needed to buy a new fork any way but I wouldn't buy one just to get the new coating
but if you do need a new fork I say go for the latest equipment its only a few hundred dollars more

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 16:26 Quote
wanabe wrote:
im a old man such as yourself and I went for the new coating but I needed to buy a new fork any way but I wouldn't buy one just to get the new coating
but if you do need a new fork I say go for the latest equipment its only a few hundred dollars more

Man, I'm enjoying my youth but the old man budget sounds amazing. If "only a few hundred dollars" is a phrase you use often I'd get the kashima for sure. Otherwise I agree with everyone else, and while I don't know this first hand I have heard the seals are what really makes the kashima forks so good.

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 22:24 Quote
As you get older an interesting thing happens. You can buy any god damn part you want (I just snagged a new aurum frame on a whim). ... The problem is, you never have any time to ride.

Which is funny because I use that as an excuse to buy even more expensive shit. "when I get the time to get out, I want to shred and be stoked on my gear"

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 at 22:30 Quote
gee oh geezer convention here . whats up old guys

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 at 11:36 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:

Not much, just banging your mom while your home alone eating pizza and playing Xbox. I'll have her home by midnight. LMAO

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 11:39 Quote
pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:

Not much, just banging your mom while your home alone eating pizza and playing Xbox. I'll have her home by midnight. LMAO

you son just got SERVED

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
RONDAL wrote:
pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:

you son just got SERVED
dude im 39 lol lol lol
why on earth would that guy wanna bang my mom lol
hope he was nice enough to change her depends when he was done.Eek

lol lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008983
Mobile Version of Website