Lower shock clevis for Air shock for SX trail

PB Forum :: Specialized
Lower shock clevis for Air shock for SX trail
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 13:46 Quote
So, I have a 2010 SX Trail, was thinking of purchasing a lower shock clevis from an SX and put in an SX trail so that the SX trail can accommodate an air shock. Any PBers attempt this yet?

photo

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 1:20 Quote
Im not suure why it wouldnt support an air shock as long as it was the right measurements.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 7:24 Quote
allan-taylor64 wrote:
Im not suure why it wouldnt support an air shock as long as it was the right measurements.

I'm not sure if the Lower shock clevis from an SX will fit or change geometry. I am curious if eye to eye stays the same.

Posted: Mar 29, 2012 at 7:59 Quote
The Shock mount is Custom. Setup right now is for Coil shock only, I think for Fox DHX.

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 7:54 Quote
Anyone here attempt yet? I guess it wouldn't hurt if I try.

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 21:15 Quote
I just got done setting one up with a DHX 5 tonight but haven't had a chance to really ride it though. I cycled it through the range of the shock and don't see any interference. The part cost $25 at my local Specialized shop. But I can't find a site that shows the exact numbers for the shock set up though. I'll call up Fox tomorrow to see what they say as far as how much air pressure and/or clicks out on all of the adjustments.
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 16:01 Quote
Let me know how it rides. I was gonna buy that clevis too at my LBS.

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 at 7:37 Quote
So far so good. I've been out a couple of times and it rode very well. I've had to crank up the air pressure to set the sag correctly, but according to the Fox tech guy I talked to you can go up to #300 of pressure. Right now I'm at #250 with about 30% so I think it's all right. I haven't weighed it yet to know how much of a difference it made, but it feels way lighter when I'm moving the bike around.

I think it was worth the $26 I spent on the part for sure.

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
As it is now, My bike is at 34 pounds. 33 would be pretty cool. I have a talas fork but I want to get white so I might trade it for a 180mm float. thanks for the info.

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 at 21:31 Quote
I wonder if an RP23 from an Intense tracer would work. it looks like you are using a DHX Air.

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 at 22:24 Quote
Yes, it's a DHX 5.0. I had bought it for my other bike for when I sent my shock in for servicing and it just happend to have the same dims as the DHX RC4 that came stock. I'm not sure if it's an exact match with the "custom" tune of the DHX that I've been reading about, but I figured it can't be all that bad?

FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2013 at 13:22 Quote
Does this clevis work on the 2009 newer shape sx trail to and why do you need it

Posted: Jan 19, 2013 at 21:09 Quote
I wanted to use an air shock that I had laying around to try to save some weight. When I tried to put it on the clevis that was used on the coil shock wouldn't work for the air shock. So after looking around it seemed like it would work and I decided to give it a go. I figure I lost about 1.5 pounds and haven't really noticed a huge difference in the ride so I'm happy.

FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 0:08 Quote
Ok sounds good and with the dhx air there is none of this dead stroke people talk of

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 15:43 Quote
do you have a part number on that thing...we have a specialized dealer in town but never hurts to help them out, they seem to need it...anyway, i just weighed my recently built 2010 sx trail, tipping it at 40 lbs...yikes...so saving only 1.5 pounds on the air shock wouldn't hurt but maybe not worth going after...i have no idea where i could skim 7 lbs from, i maybe the problem is azonic outlaws and the domain fork.....but it's my new park bike so why bother putting it on a diet

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022073
Mobile Version of Website