Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 3:45 Quote
pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
My dealer forwarded an email from the rep. They had 12 frames and 5 were rejected by QC! Which is a good thing I guess. They are apparently waiting for the cane creek shocks to arrive and then they will ship.

All in all not impressed with how they are handling things

im not happy either I was promised my frame in febuary ! And I've been waiting with little news and to hear there doubts at quality control doesn't make me any happier!! .......

Change of battle plan for me ...i think its time to lay down the serious money and get my intense M9 !

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 20:24 Quote
i like my m9 if that helps

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 21:28 Quote
Yeah, I'm right at the cusp of saying f*ck it and jsut canceling my order and getting my cash back. They said they "think" they can get me a white LE frame, but for sure they can get the team issue frame..thing is, I don't want the god damn team issue frame, I want the white one I ordered.

Ohhh, even better "if you can wait till June you can get a 2013 model". yeah, ok, I just won't bike at all until it gets here.

f*cking weak sauce

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 9:01 Quote
I finally got to pick up my Aurum 1 this week (ordered in February.) If you are in Canada and were waiting, I think they should all be showing up now.

I was a bit disappointed to throw it on my scale and find that it was 2.1lbs heavier than what is listed on the website (40.3lbs for a Large Aurum 1, complete.)

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
Wtf? Why the difference in weight? I could see a couple ounces here or there, but 2.1 lbs!!!! That is a f*ck load. Have you checked your scale?

If the frames are really that much heavier I WILL be canceling my order.

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 13:26 Quote
Norco must weigh their small's with no pedals or something. The 2011 A-line was on the norco site at 40.3, and my size large weighed in at about 42

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
I sent a note to someone at Norco asking how they weigh their bikes but don't have a reply yet. Variations in tires could add 1/2 lb (I know I have had some really heavy Minions in the past) and a large vs. a small frame would add 1/2 lb. Pedals are another 1/2 lb. It adds up pretty quickly.

But if they are going to go to the trouble of listing a weight, it should be a realistic weight of a complete bike.

I'm much more concerned with the complete lack of anywhere to ride right now than the extra 2 lbs Madder

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
Have you checked your scale? .

Yeah, it weighs a known 10lb weight at 10lbs. (I don't have a "known" 40 lb weight to test against, though!)

Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 12:48 Quote
Mine turned up........with a f*cking dented headtube!!!!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 13:09 Quote
Meah, the head tube isn't important. Lol

WTF is going on with Norco lately? How hard is it to get some god damn bike frames built? They act like they have never done this before?

The head tube had to have been dented during shipping to your dealer. I'm sure they will swap it out...should be around July.

I have neither seen nor heard anything about the aurums arriving stateside.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 17:42 Quote
ertman wrote:
I was a bit disappointed to throw it on my scale and find that it was 2.1lbs heavier than what is listed on the website (40.3lbs for a Large Aurum 1, complete.)

So the tubes that were installed were crazy heavy DH tubes. Converting to Stan's tubeless saved over a pound! Much closer to 39 lbs now, which I am very happy with. I'm thinking that DH tubes were not in the bike that got weighed for the specs...

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 12:53 Quote
ahhh. Well that will make things heavy in a hurry. How much lighter is a stans set up? I mean, over standard tubes?

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 14:08 Quote
Stan's saves probably 150g over "normal" tubes, and almost 500g compared to the monster DH tubes that I pulled out!

I was also able to confirm that the weight listed on the website is WITHOUT pedals, so take another 360g off (yes, those Blackspire pedals are super light.)

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 15:52 Quote
My aurum 2nd replacement arrived today .. And finally I bought it and have started to fit it together! I will post pics soon!!

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 22:18 Quote
Thanks ertman! I need to give the tubeless thing a try one of these days. Light wheels are everything!

Demons, congrats on the new frame!! The local rep said "it's looking really good" and I should know by the end of the week. Spent all day clearing a new DH trail..thing better show up soon!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.753148
Mobile Version of Website