Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 19:22 Quote
gramboh wrote:
For those running coils, especially DHX2, what sprint rate and body weight are you running? Trying to decide if it's worth playing with a 550# over my 500# (210lbs before gearing up). Sometimes I feel a bit undersprung at around 35% sag, wondering how the bike would feel a bit higher in travel at the back end. My priority is traction and responsiveness in rough terrain.
For what its worth

Geared up I'm all of 250lbs (wet). I have a dhx4 with a 500lbs spring. I actually feel like I want to go down to a 450. This on a medium '15 carbon aurum

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
Hmm, thanks for the advice guys. I ended up playing with my settings a lot this past weekend as I was riding 3 days in a row in Whistler. Ended up with opening HSC a lot (went from 13 to 19 clicks out), LSC a bit (13 to 15), HSR (6 to 10) and left LSR at 7.

The rear end feels less harsh over stutter/brake bumps and rough rocky stuff which was my complaint. Jump trails feel fine, about the same as before... I think it was too much compression damping at my body weight/spring rate.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
can I swap all of the parts from my stock small 2016 norco aurum A 7.1 onto a 2017 medium norco aurum carbon frame.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
ridegiantbikes31 wrote:
can I swap all of the parts from my stock small 2016 norco aurum A 7.1 onto a 2017 medium norco aurum carbon frame.

Yup should all swap over no problem aside from the BB, will just need to get a new BB107 BB (BB92)

https://www.norco.com/img/archives/2016/bike-spec-sheets/aurum-carbon.pdf

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 22:09 Quote
I've searched all over, so will just end up going to the hardware store for some generic ones, however, just in case anyone here knows....

The rear axel on the Aurum series, from 2011 through to the carbon versions, has a small o-ring (about 16mm OD) on the hex axle end.

Does anyone here know the exact measurements of that o-ring, and if they are part of any Norco service kit etc?

Mine is mashed to pieces and am in need of some replacements.

Thanks if anyone knows

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
orientdave wrote:
I've searched all over, so will just end up going to the hardware store for some generic ones, however, just in case anyone here knows....

The rear axel on the Aurum series, from 2011 through to the carbon versions, has a small o-ring (about 16mm OD) on the hex axle end.

Does anyone here know the exact measurements of that o-ring, and if they are part of any Norco service kit etc?

Thanks if anyone knows

I've gone to a plumbing store for an assortment of " o" rings, works fine and cheap.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
orientdave wrote:

Thanks if anyone knows

I went to home depot. The had 2 sizes. They
Were under $3 so I bought them both. One of the two fit. Problem solved for $6

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
Gasket-Jeff wrote:
orientdave wrote:

Thanks if anyone knows

I went to home depot. The had 2 sizes. They
Were under $3 so I bought them both. One of the two fit. Problem solved for $6

yep

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
Thanks all. I thought it would end up that way! I went to the hardware store here and found a few options, nothing perfect, but it'll do!!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
I am struggling to decide whether or not to sell my 2013 Aurum 1 Dorado. I bought it to ride Whistler while living in Vancouver, but will be moving home to New Zealand before the bike park opens next year.

It's unlikely that I'll be living near any lift assisted riding in NZ, and the closest shuttle/lift places should be pretty manageable on my Canfield Balance (170mm/165mm).

Being almost 5 years old (though I bought it brand new in 2015), it can't be worth a lot, even though it's in pretty good knick and the suspension has been recently serviced. So I'm not sure it's even worth selling.

I toyed with parting it out and keeping some of the parts for a future build (apparently Dorados can be upgraded to 27.5 easily enough) - selling the frame and wheelset.

If it goes, I'll definitely miss it, but if I keep it, it's unlikely to get ridden. I just don't know what to do.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 20:19 Quote
lazarescu wrote:
I am struggling to decide whether or not to sell my 2013 Aurum 1 Dorado. I bought it to ride Whistler while living in Vancouver, but will be moving home to New Zealand before the bike park opens next year.

It's unlikely that I'll be living near any lift assisted riding in NZ, and the closest shuttle/lift places should be pretty manageable on my Canfield Balance (170mm/165mm).

Being almost 5 years old (though I bought it brand new in 2015), it can't be worth a lot, even though it's in pretty good knick and the suspension has been recently serviced. So I'm not sure it's even worth selling.

I toyed with parting it out and keeping some of the parts for a future build (apparently Dorados can be upgraded to 27.5 easily enough) - selling the frame and wheelset.

If it goes, I'll definitely miss it, but if I keep it, it's unlikely to get ridden. I just don't know what to do.

Im in the same boat, i have a 2013 Aurum 1,and since i bought my Range C i dont find i ride the Aurum much, but when i do, i cant wipe the smile off my face. as crazy as it sounds, its worth more to me than whatever $$ i will get selling it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
goytay wrote:

Im in the same boat, i have a 2013 Aurum 1,and since i bought my Range C i dont find i ride the Aurum much, but when i do, i cant wipe the smile off my face. as crazy as it sounds, its worth more to me than whatever $$ i will get selling it.

I just took a look at Buy Sell and some people are selling them for as low as $1100. That is not worth it at all to me. May as well keep it at that price!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 20:28 Quote
lazarescu wrote:
goytay wrote:

I just took a look at Buy Sell and some people are selling them for as low as $1100. That is not worth it at all to me. May as well keep it at that price!

Yep !

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 7:04 Quote
lazarescu wrote:

Keep it. I just got my '15 carbonium aurum for $800 and I ride my range more but my aurum is by far my fave ride. I have always said get an expensive am bike and a used dh bike. You will use the am more but the dh is always the best.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011854
Mobile Version of Website