Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
arewolfe wrote:
Thanks!

Or you can use this and save cash.runs smooth,no issues over the 3 years ive had mine.
www.blackspire.com/product/der-guide/

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 21:47 Quote
Hi guys been out of the game for a few year's, but i'm coming back and need help with getting some new drivetrain components. I have a 2012 aurum 2 that i bent my derailleur (stock 9 spd). My question is can i change my 11-28t 9 spd to a 10 spd 11-32t or 11-36t? I would be switching to a zee 10 spd derailleur and shifter. Just wanna know if it would work before i spend the money.

Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
Just swap out der for a non bent one, no use swapping to 10, most of us now are dropping down to 7

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
Has anyone had issues with what could be described as clanging I the rear ended of the 2019 A-1? I've removed as many chan links as I can and am currently JBweilding a spacer on to my hanger so I can get some more reach out of the B screw. This sound is driving me nuts, nothing like riding a brand new bike that sounds like it came from '02.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
ADHDMI wrote:
Has anyone had issues with what could be described as clanging I the rear ended of the 2019 A-1? I've removed as many chan links as I can and am currently JBweilding a spacer on to my hanger so I can get some more reach out of the B screw. This sound is driving me nuts, nothing like riding a brand new bike that sounds like it came from '02.

So your derailleur is hitting the frame?, it could be the the zee derailleur, as it has no rubberized bump stop like a saint unit.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
goytay wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:

So your derailleur is hitting the frame?, it could be the the zee derailleur, as it has no rubberized bump stop like a saint unit.

It is not, the derailleur is well clear of the frame, there is no mark on the frame indicating that is its hitting the frame. And yes the clutch is on.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
ADHDMI wrote:
goytay wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:

It is not, the derailleur is well clear of the frame, there is no mark on the frame indicating that is its hitting the frame. And yes the clutch is on.

I did have a similar issue on my 2016 C7.2 and it turned out to be a combination of the chain slapping on top of the chainstay rubberized section and slapping in the E13 chain guide window where the chain engages on the chainring.

I remedied the issue with a neoprene sleeve on the chainstay and some stick-on velcro strips in the chain guide. It did the trick pretty well for me.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
ADHDMI wrote:

It's definitely the b limit screw on the zee. Smashing against the bump stop.on the derailer hanger 100. Go to saint and it's fixed. Only ever had this or see this issue with the aurum and zee combo

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
ADHDMI, I am having that same clanging noise with '19 A1. Have been meaning to add some chain slap damping material. Will look at the b limit screw as well, any fix other than going to saint?

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:

It's definitely the b limit screw on the zee. Smashing against the bump stop.on the derailer hanger 100. Go to saint and it's fixed. Only ever had this or see this issue with the aurum and zee combo

So Ive replaced the cassette, gone single speed, rode without a chain for a month, repacked every bearing in the linkage, replaced the forks, among other things, and its still there.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 4:47 Quote
ADHDMI wrote:
elepizzle wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:

So Ive replaced the cassette, gone single speed, rode without a chain for a month, repacked every bearing in the linkage, replaced the forks, among other things, and its still there.

That's strange. I rode chainless on my 16 C7.3 for a while and it was silent as a mouse, like riding a world cup spec V10 or something

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
ADHDMI wrote:
elepizzle wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:

Had same issue with the clanking and thought it was the zee derailleur. Replaced with Saint but still same. Turns out it was a loose headset. Repacked and tightened headset and noise disappeared. But I thought for sure it was the zee derailleur. Sometimes it's tricky tracking down those creaks...

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
wizard604 wrote:
ADHDMI wrote:
elepizzle wrote:

Had same issue with the clanking and thought it was the zee derailleur. Replaced with Saint but still same. Turns out it was a loose headset. Repacked and tightened headset and noise disappeared. But I thought for sure it was the zee derailleur. Sometimes it's tricky tracking down those creaks...
My headset showed up to me without grease and sounded like you'd imagine, fixed that and no creaking or knocking out of it since.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Hey guys, I have 2017 Norco aurum C7.2 and I'm looking to buy something new for 2020. I quite liked it but am ready to move on. How does the new aurum compare ? And are there any bikes that would feel some what similar to the 2017 aurum, I'm not sure I want a huge change. Thanks for any pointers Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
FRsqwitzerland wrote:
Hey guys, I have 2017 Norco aurum C7.2 and I'm looking to buy something new for 2020. I quite liked it but am ready to move on. How does the new aurum compare ? And are there any bikes that would feel some what similar to the 2017 aurum, I'm not sure I want a huge change. Thanks for any pointers Smile

Hi,
Your current aurum, is a great parkbike, and sometime racer. But the HSP Aurum is a RACE bike, you would be wasting its abilities just if you weren't pushing it !
Maybe the Kona operator would be similar, but im not sure of leverage ratio's etc.
Anyway, your choice, what time do you spend racing vs bike park?
Maybe invest in some suspension tuning to breathe new life into it?
New lighter wheel set?

cheers
Brian

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020915
Mobile Version of Website