Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
goytay wrote:
FRsqwitzerland wrote:
Hey guys, I have 2017 Norco aurum C7.2 and I'm looking to buy something new for 2020. I quite liked it but am ready to move on. How does the new aurum compare ? And are there any bikes that would feel some what similar to the 2017 aurum, I'm not sure I want a huge change. Thanks for any pointers Smile

Hi,
Your current aurum, is a great parkbike, and sometime racer. But the HSP Aurum is a RACE bike, you would be wasting its abilities just if you weren't pushing it !
Maybe the Kona operator would be similar, but im not sure of leverage ratio's etc.
Anyway, your choice, what time do you spend racing vs bike park?
Maybe invest in some suspension tuning to breathe new life into it?
New lighter wheel set?

cheers
Brian

Thanks Brian! I mostly ride bikeparks and local trails that I push up. I like riding fast and I like tech as well as jump trails but don't do tricks or anything. I'll usually do 1 or 2 races a year. I did do quite well at the last race I did and would like to do more next season maybe 4 or 5..
-Bram

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 17:00 Quote
FRsqwitzerland wrote:
goytay wrote:
FRsqwitzerland wrote:
Hey guys, I have 2017 Norco aurum C7.2 and I'm looking to buy something new for 2020. I quite liked it but am ready to move on. How does the new aurum compare ? And are there any bikes that would feel some what similar to the 2017 aurum, I'm not sure I want a huge change. Thanks for any pointers Smile

Hi,
Your current aurum, is a great parkbike, and sometime racer. But the HSP Aurum is a RACE bike, you would be wasting its abilities just if you weren't pushing it !
Maybe the Kona operator would be similar, but im not sure of leverage ratio's etc.
Anyway, your choice, what time do you spend racing vs bike park?
Maybe invest in some suspension tuning to breathe new life into it?
New lighter wheel set?

cheers
Brian

Thanks Brian! I mostly ride bikeparks and local trails that I push up. I like riding fast and I like tech as well as jump trails but don't do tricks or anything. I'll usually do 1 or 2 races a year. I did do quite well at the last race I did and would like to do more next season maybe 4 or 5..
-Bram

Good for you!, imo seeing that the HSP is quite expensive, and the sizing is different than the standard Aurum, my i suggest a custom tune on your suspension?, it's cheaper than spending alot on a new bike that you may not like. Find a way to demo an HSP and see?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009064
Mobile Version of Website