Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
Anyone ever throw on the shimano zee 10 speed FR Derailleur on there 2018 norco aurum? Does the Shimano Zee FR fit the aurum or will that back plate hanger be an issue?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
xcyz wrote:
Anyone ever throw on the shimano zee 10 speed FR Derailleur on there 2018 norco aurum? Does the Shimano Zee FR fit the aurum or will that back plate hanger be an issue?

curious about this too- anyone tried it?

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
anybody know what size the derailleur hanger screw for a 2014 is? 28.5mm 33.5mm or a 26mm?

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
whats the general consensus on the 27.5 non hsp aurums?

I like the shorter reach, and also the shorter chainstays on the smalls and mediums, hard to find any dh bikes with under 440 stays and 650 wheels. Are these bikes relatively on the more playful side compared to something like a V10?

Also any well known failure points or maintenance issues? theres a 2016 c7.2 near me that I want to check out but I'd like to know where to look for issues.

thanks

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
hi, i have a 2016 c7.2, its a great bike, jumps great as its very well balanced in the air, its probably not as fast as the latest 29er dh bikes but i dont race so i'm not bothered by that, although i must say it does better than some of the latest bikes i have freindly raced at the bike parks if you know what i mean, its carbon so look out for any cracks, saying that the frame is very strong and it has a alloy rear end, i have fitted progressive fork and shock springs, had an andreani damper upgrade to the charger damper that was a massive improvement over the stock charger damper, the bike corners well, i swapped the brakes to shimano saint as i didnt like the guide brakes, i also always us magic mary tyres on mine, ,i recently replaced all the bearings and it is so smooth, so bear that in mind when buying second hand as decent bearings cost a bit. i can recommend you get one if you find a well looked after one, cheers

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
any news when the new "aurum" is coming out?

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 16:39 Quote
Brundi wrote:

Hi, yea, im not hearing much on this, i think Norco will continue with the current aluminium unit for the resort rental fleets.
Look for the "new " aurum, to be similar to the new range, just with a different shock link.
I cant see Norco coming out with a different frame just for the Aurum, when the Range is just as capable as the Aurum.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 5:31 Quote
goytay wrote:
Brundi wrote:

Hi, yea, im not hearing much on this, i think Norco will continue with the current aluminium unit for the resort rental fleets.
Look for the "new " aurum, to be similar to the new range, just with a different shock link.
I cant see Norco coming out with a different frame just for the Aurum, when the Range is just as capable as the Aurum.

That is what i hope gonna be out soon Smile range but for DH, but no informations so far, when it is gonna be avaible

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 0:52 Quote
Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a Norco Aurum HSP C framekit 2021 when I was on holiday at my home country (The Netherlands).
Now I made a huge mistake and didn't unpack it, as it was nicely wrapped etc. So I kept it in the original wrapping and box, as I thought this would be better when taking the frame back with me on the plane.
I ordered a Norco Aurum HSP 29" M/L frame.
When I came back to the country I live/work for the last few years (Singapore), I unpacked it removed the wrapping I noticed the Dutch LBS delivered me the Norco Aurum HSP 27.5" M/L Frame.
Singapore doesn't have any local Noro Dealer.

So now my question comes. Can I run this frame with as a mullet setup?
I have an Ohlins DH38M1 (which can run 27.5 and 29).

I did search the internet, but I haven't seen anyone running this setup.
The reason I am asking, I bought this frame to go racing.
I know 29" wheels are faster rolling over stuff then 27.5".

Or you guys suggest to just run it as a 27.5" front and rear.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a Norco Aurum HSP C framekit 2021 when I was on holiday at my home country (The Netherlands).
Now I made a huge mistake and didn't unpack it, as it was nicely wrapped etc. So I kept it in the original wrapping and box, as I thought this would be better when taking the frame back with me on the plane.
When I came back to the country I live/work for the last few years (Singapore), I unpacked it removed the wrapping I noticed the Dutch LBS delivered me the Norco Aurum HSP 27.5" M/L Frame.

For racing only 29 nowadays. 27.5 nowadays is just for fun, because they are more playful and good for newbies since they are easier to turn around. If I were you I would send it to get what I ordered using DHL plane package.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 6:46 Quote
chory wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
Hello everyone.

For racing only 29 nowadays. 27.5 nowadays is just for fun, because they are more playful and good for newbies since they are easier to turn around. If I were you I would send it to get what I ordered using DHL plane package.

Yeah I know 29 is where the racing is at, 27.5 is to party/freeride.
But I only not sure if Norco will let me switch the frame. I haven't used the frame yet, as I am gathering parts still.
I did send Norco customer service an email. Just waiting for a reply.

I was thinking of a possible other solution. Hence the mullet setup question. Thanks for the feedback though.

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 20:26 Quote
Can I stick a pair of fox 40 and a 29 inch front wheel on my 2018 large aurum. I bought the forks and bike relatively cheap, but am a little unsure if the changes in geometry will result in an unrideable bike. Forks are 2020 fox 49 that I believe work better than the 2018 boxxer.

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 2:35 Quote
LeBoggos wrote:
Can I stick a pair of fox 40 and a 29 inch front wheel on my 2018 large aurum. I bought the forks and bike relatively cheap, but am a little unsure if the changes in geometry will result in an unrideable bike. Forks are 2020 fox 49 that I believe work better than the 2018 boxxer.

I am running an Ohlins DH38M1 29" fork and wheel on a Norco Aurum 7 HSP 2021 (27.5" frame). No issues so far. Love how it feels, so far.

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 11:23 Quote
LeBoggos wrote:

Thinking about it on my 2017 Aurum. Need to run the fork shorter I feel. Seen other people mullet them.

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 3:28 Quote
I'll put the 49s on the bike this weekend and find some time for a test ride. I'll hopefully figure out how to post pics.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015081
Mobile Version of Website