Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
alex3800 wrote:
Hey everyone I picked up a 2013 streetsweeper v2 frame as a winter project..cant wait to get it built up. Do you guys have any recommendations for wheelsets?

No, but I found getting the chainline right quite tricky. So it's worth thinking about what cranks, hub and chainring you plan on running.

This is bang on. For this exact reason it's a decent idea to run wheels with a shortened Shimano freehub (think Hadley SS, Pro 2 Trials, etc) as you can adjust the chainline. Driver hubs often sit the driver pretty far inboard with no means to adjust, on top of that the Sweeper has an 83mm BB shell and the first thing to hit the frame will be your sprocket bolt rather than your sprocket itself.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 13:47 Quote
crs-one wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:
alex3800 wrote:
Hey everyone I picked up a 2013 streetsweeper v2 frame as a winter project..cant wait to get it built up. Do you guys have any recommendations for wheelsets?

No, but I found getting the chainline right quite tricky. So it's worth thinking about what cranks, hub and chainring you plan on running.

This is bang on. For this exact reason it's a decent idea to run wheels with a shortened Shimano freehub (think Hadley SS, Pro 2 Trials, etc) as you can adjust the chainline. Driver hubs often sit the driver pretty far inboard with no means to adjust, on top of that the Sweeper has an 83mm BB shell and the first thing to hit the frame will be your sprocket bolt rather than your sprocket itself.

I had that problem on my v1 Sweeper so I changed the sprocket to a spline drive one. With a NS Rotary SS + Vendetta cranks + spline drive you can get the chainline spot on.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
Nuno2002 wrote:
crs-one wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:

I had that problem on my v1 Sweeper so I changed the sprocket to a spline drive one. With a NS Rotary SS + Vendetta cranks + spline drive you can get the chainline spot on.

I had to get a 23t spline drive sprocket. I can't find one to replace it now.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 16:53 Quote
Hahaha deity. ..hahaha

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 0:37 Quote
Nuno2002 wrote:
crs-one wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:

This exactly!!!!! NS rotary 10t driver hub and deity vandetta cranks with 153mm deity spindle and deity armada bb. profile 25t spline drive sprocket. no bb spacers needed. everything lines up perfectly!!!!!

Deity Streetsweeper V2

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 6:24 Quote
Sprocket bolt can be shaved down to clear also, did this on a sweeper, no need on a keeper, both with ns rotary driver hub.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
Hell yeah thanks everyone for your advice..im sure ill be back for more haha..ill also throw a picture up once I get it finished.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 23:42 Quote
The last couple parts for my street sweeper came in!

Build night
  Build night!

photo

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
Man, 36 Float looks so good on bikes. I might need to get another one.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:01 Quote
Looks rad af man have fun with it

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Man, 36 Float looks so good on bikes. I might need to get another one.
I love 36 forks on DJs (I have a vengeance on my octane). the only way to keep it nice and stiff!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
NorthCoastZack wrote:
The last couple parts for my street sweeper came in!

Build night
  Build night!

photo
Awww shit. That looks sweet a.f.

Can't wait to lay hands on mine! It's in the post.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 18:45 Quote
I finished it up a little while ago, but finally got it to a park today. I loved my PBJ but it saw most of its ride time on the street. I am so happy I made the switch to the street sweeper. This bike is dialed.
Finally finished

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023804
Mobile Version of Website