Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Author Message
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 0:59 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
I broke my streetsweeper last weekFrown
Can I ask how, where on the frame? I have a V2 Sweeper.
It broke near the bottombracket on the chainstays, haven't received any refund...... I think it's just bad welding...
It's been a few months now, Deity told my that the refund has expired because they don't produce the frames anymore, unacceptable.

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

Can I ask how, where on the frame? I have a V2 Sweeper.
It broke near the bottombracket on the chainstays, haven't received any refund...... I think it's just bad welding...
It's been a few months now, Deity told my that the refund has expired because they don't produce the frames anymore, unacceptable.
The frames had a ‘lifetime warranty’, in where they’d replace the frame. I’m not sure if there would be any case where they’d refund the money. So really, what else are they meant to do if they don’t produce the frame anymore?

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
It broke near the bottombracket on the chainstays, haven't received any refund...... I think it's just bad welding...
It's been a few months now, Deity told my that the refund has expired because they don't produce the frames anymore, unacceptable.
The frames had a ‘lifetime warranty’, in where they’d replace the frame. I’m not sure if there would be any case where they’d refund the money. So really, what else are they meant to do if they don’t produce the frame anymore?
Well, they probably have still a few frames from their production and a giftcard or something else would be nice too. Saying that I won' t receive a refund because they don' t produce the frames anymore is easily said.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
Nah man, they geniunely haven't had these frames for a while. I asked for a scratch-n-dent or overspray or whatever back in September 2017 and there was nothing.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
It's been a few months now, Deity told my that the refund has expired because they don't produce the frames anymore, unacceptable.
The frames had a ‘lifetime warranty’, in where they’d replace the frame. I’m not sure if there would be any case where they’d refund the money. So really, what else are they meant to do if they don’t produce the frame anymore?
Well, they probably have still a few frames from their production and a giftcard or something else would be nice too. Saying that I won' t receive a refund because they don' t produce the frames anymore is easily said.
Did you also want a personal written apology for your frame breaking? You’d be lucky to get a frame since there are none left, let alone a gift card with it. Bit unreasonable on your part. Just accept the fact that if you’re going to ride hard that parts will break. The frame you broke isn’t in production, therefore there is nothing Deity can do, especially a refund. If they had frames left I’m sure they’d replace it in a heartbeat. Their customer service is unreal, but when you give them unrealistic expectations, expect to be let down. Think, if they paid out everyone that broke a frame within its ‘lifetime’, they’d go broke in no time. As for “easily said”, I ride the same frame mate.. If I broke the frame I’d accept it for what it is and try get something that is still in production.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
Warranty is only applicable to the original owner/purchaser with proof of purchase anyways.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
The frames had a ‘lifetime warranty’, in where they’d replace the frame. I’m not sure if there would be any case where they’d refund the money. So really, what else are they meant to do if they don’t produce the frame anymore?
Well, they probably have still a few frames from their production and a giftcard or something else would be nice too. Saying that I won' t receive a refund because they don' t produce the frames anymore is easily said.
Did you also want a personal written apology for your frame breaking? You’d be lucky to get a frame since there are none left, let alone a gift card with it. Bit unreasonable on your part. Just accept the fact that if you’re going to ride hard that parts will break. The frame you broke isn’t in production, therefore there is nothing Deity can do, especially a refund. If they had frames left I’m sure they’d replace it in a heartbeat. Their customer service is unreal, but when you give them unrealistic expectations, expect to be let down. Think, if they paid out everyone that broke a frame within its ‘lifetime’, they’d go broke in no time. As for “easily said”, I ride the same frame mate.. If I broke the frame I’d accept it for what it is and try get something that is still in production.

The thing is that when you buy a frame that is advertised as "the last frame you will ever need to buy", you kind of expect to be good on that end. I have a V1 sweeper, which I love and will probably never brake, but I would be lying if I said lifetime warranty did not influence my purchase. Deity customer support is unreal indeed, and that is exactly why I would expect something else that you're SOL if I broke the frame. A voucher to spend on their products would be a nice gesture, without much loss on their part. Keep in mind that Deity replaced a couple of frames that were rawed/painted, so dodging warranty claims does not seem like their strategy.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
Yeah, but you would be hard pressed to find any company that would offer any kind of warranty, crash replacement or other free merchandise to anyone but the original owner.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Warranty is only applicable to the original owner/purchaser with proof of purchase anyways.
What do you mean by that? I bought the frame about 2 to 3 years ago on chain reaction cycles, I am the original owner.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Warranty is only applicable to the original owner/purchaser with proof of purchase anyways.
What do you mean by that? I bought the frame about 2 to 3 years ago on chain reaction cycles, I am the original owner.

Ah ok, gotcha. So you are the original owner.

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
simonklaassen wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Warranty is only applicable to the original owner/purchaser with proof of purchase anyways.
What do you mean by that? I bought the frame about 2 to 3 years ago on chain reaction cycles, I am the original owner.

Ah ok, gotcha. So you are the original owner.
AffirmativeBig Grin

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
The frame you broke isn’t in production, therefore there is nothing Deity can do, especially a refund. If they had frames left I’m sure they’d replace it in a heartbeat. Their customer service is unreal, but when you give them unrealistic expectations, expect to be let down. Think, if they paid out everyone that broke a frame within its ‘lifetime’, they’d go broke in no time. As for “easily said”, I ride the same frame mate.. If I broke the frame I’d accept it for what it is and try get something that is still in production.

if you offer a 'lifetime warranty', but the warranty stops once the producer stops making the frame; that is not a lifetime warranty. you got a 'we will warranty it as long as we are making this frame', warranty. this is a shit move on deitys part. they absolutely can do something. they can make it right. shit refund the mans money if you have to. 'going broke' and bad logistics planning is not the consumer's problem.

while i understand its not easy to tell someone in taiwan to fire up a couple of frames; they should not have offered a life time warranty if they did not intend to honor this years down the line.

bad move on deitys part. doesnt matter how you spin it. of course in the fine print of deitys warranty it will say something like 'at our discretion'. but at face value a 'lifetime warranty' is very clear. would be interesting to see how this would hold up in court.

maxlombardy wrote:
Yeah, but you would be hard pressed to find any company that would offer any kind of warranty, crash replacement or other free merchandise to anyone but the original owner.
doesnt matter what everyone else is doing. we are only talking about deity here. deity frame owners were told their frames have lifetime warranties (to the original owner). a deal is a deal as far as im concerned.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
The frame you broke isn’t in production, therefore there is nothing Deity can do, especially a refund. If they had frames left I’m sure they’d replace it in a heartbeat. Their customer service is unreal, but when you give them unrealistic expectations, expect to be let down. Think, if they paid out everyone that broke a frame within its ‘lifetime’, they’d go broke in no time. As for “easily said”, I ride the same frame mate.. If I broke the frame I’d accept it for what it is and try get something that is still in production.

if you offer a 'lifetime warranty', but the warranty stops once the producer stops making the frame; that is not a lifetime warranty. you got a 'we will warranty it as long as we are making this frame', warranty. this is a shit move on deitys part. they absolutely can do something. they can make it right. shit refund the mans money if you have to. 'going broke' and bad logistics planning is not the consumer's problem.

while i understand its not easy to tell someone in taiwan to fire up a couple of frames; they should not have offered a life time warranty if they did not intend to honor this years down the line.

bad move on deitys part. doesnt matter how you spin it. of course in the fine print of deitys warranty it will say something like 'at our discretion'. but at face value a 'lifetime warranty' is very clear. would be interesting to see how this would hold up in court.

maxlombardy wrote:
Yeah, but you would be hard pressed to find any company that would offer any kind of warranty, crash replacement or other free merchandise to anyone but the original owner.
doesnt matter what everyone else is doing. we are only talking about deity here. deity frame owners were told their frames have lifetime warranties (to the original owner). a deal is a deal as far as im concerned.

Can’t agree more on that, however, nothing I can do about it... replaced my frame with a Commencal AbsolutWink

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
Made some updates to my rig since the last time I posted it. Threw on a 36 831 with come sweet Zombie decals. Thing feels pretty dialed.


Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
Can’t beat a 36, well done!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008019
Mobile Version of Website