New planned Black Market build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New planned Black Market build
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
So I am on the waiting list for the new Black Market Edit1, a made-in-USA steel street frame with geometry based off of the ever-popular Mob and Riot frames. 22.5" top tube, Euro BB, and raw w/clear coat finish.

Here's the only picture of one so far:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2012/01/13/full_Edit1_American.jpg?1326469437
Not sure which direction to go in terms of parts, really. I could do full street and use Profile cranks, Fly Bikes pedals, 22.2 steel bars and a BMX stem, and a Pivotal saddle; or I could go MTB street and do E.13 cranks, E.13 pedals, 31.8 carbon bars, 50mm MTB stem, and a Thomson post with a WTB saddle. Either way I want to do a pimptacular build. For wheels I am thinking pewter King SS hubs with DT Swiss Competition spokes and alloy nipples. Not sure about what rims to run yet.

Suggestions welcome. I intend this to be a pretty long build, picking and choosing parts to best suit my ideal street bike.

Mod
Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
atom-lab rims? i have no idea.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:09 Quote
That frame is a pretty bad place to start if you're after your dream street build.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
Not sure on street bikes but I would go MTB street as I think the parts look better!

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:55 Quote
crs-one wrote:
That frame is a pretty bad place to start if you're after your dream street build.

My dream, not yours.

You got a stick up your ass or something?

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:56 Quote
No, just not too sure why you would wait for that frame when, according to their own marketing spiel, it's got the same geo and features as the Mob/Malice/Riot/every other 26" frame they've made. Why not just grab a Mob and get started?

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
crs-one wrote:
No, just not too sure why you would wait for that frame when, according to their own marketing spiel, it's got the same geo and features as the Mob/Malice/Riot/every other 26" frame they've made. Why not just grab a Mob and get started?

Because the Mob is almost $200 more and also 0.2 lbs heavier.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
Ah just get a Deity Street Sweeper. I was one BM years ago.
As for rims Atomlab Pimplites or 721s

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
dchill wrote:

Streetsweepers are made in Taiwan if I recall correctly.

The frame choice is not going to change.

Pimplites are an option. 721s are too heavy. If I went Mavic I'd go XM819 or XM719.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
YES!!!!! Batman
isaacds wrote:
atom-lab rims? i have no idea.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
Pimplites are heavier than the 721.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
check out loaded components. they got some sick anodized rims.
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:

Streetsweepers are made in Taiwan if I recall correctly.

The frame choice is not going to change.

Pimplites are an option. 721s are too heavy. If I went Mavic I'd go XM819 or XM719.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:29 Quote
I'm surprised that how light some of your builds are that you bikes haven't floated away> hahaha. I can't wait for this build griff. do it right!
seraph wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Because the Mob is almost $200 more and also 0.2 lbs heavier.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 15:32 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Pimplites are heavier than the 721.

Yeah I was actually thinking of the Suprelite rims. 721s are 590g and Suprelites are 500g. Black rim with gold nipples and gold hub, now that I think about it.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 17:06 Quote
I beat the hell out of my Pimplites! Great wheel, being replaced to shave weight though! I would also check out http://loadedusa.com/ ... Stuff looks good!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011576
Mobile Version of Website