Time for some Entourage

PB Forum :: Kona
Time for some Entourage
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 15:25 Quote
Since I don't see a much of em around, here's my frame up. Most parts are recycled from the Operator I sold. So far so good. Have yet to hit the trail, but I got to go to the US launch at Kona HQ and thrashed one till I broke my toe. As it sits its 37lbs, but I hope to get it down below 35 at some point

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2618/img5157i.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6016/img5156n.jpg

Posted: Mar 23, 2012 at 7:43 Quote
That thing is sick, I would love try one of those

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 21:10 Quote
got to ride it today. Stoked on it. The totem is a bit overkill and a lyrik probably would have been a better choice, but it jumps as good as I remember. Rails the berms like mad. Loving this bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 22:22 Quote
I wanna try one. Looks like a super fun bike!

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:
I wanna try one. Looks like a super fun bike!
word. it is a fun bike. Reminds me a lot of the 09 stinky i built up but lighter and a bit more poppy on the jumps. Just need the snow to melt so I can go thrash it on some decent DH to see it there. When I rode the factory entourage Dlx last summer it was a bit sketchy on a large with a 60mm stem and those maxxis tires were the suck. Had a heck of a time on the loose DH stuff with that. This set up is way less sketchy and way more fun to ride for me.

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
It blows my mind you prefer those nevegals over maxxis tires, I absolutely hate the nevegal on the back of my bike right now. It is so slow compared to a dhf, doesnt hold a corner nearly as well, and packs right up with mud. They are cheaper than maxxis though, and the hard rubber lasts forever.

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 7:58 Quote
Every time I have tried a maxxis tire, I end up washing out like mad. Same thing happened at the kona launch where I demo'd the dlx. I couldn't corner that bike on anything that was even remotely loose. Wicked understeer. On ever other kona I have had with the DHF/DHR combo I could never corner with those tires. On the 2008 stinky dee I had, I actually wrecked 3 times on the first ride because of the tires. Switched to nevegals and I could lean in and tear the corners apart with no effort. With a DHR on the back and a nevegal on the front it wasn't terrible though, and actually worked ok for me. Its funny though. Either people absolutely love the nevegals or totally hate them. I guess its just a style of riding thing. For me they work great, are predictable and wear really good for a sticky rubber tire. I hear you on the mud thing, but I am too old to ride in mud anymore. Only thing I really don't care for is that the kendas tend to throw little small rocks up really bad.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 10:45 Quote
I love my maxxis tires so much I run 3c compound up front and 60a out back. I know how there gonna react I know there going to hold like glue on rock faces. I wont even try another brand cause I have way to much trust in my tires lol.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 13:26 Quote
I have a Kona Entourage, the black one, and the fork is a Rock Shox Domain R, witch has a maxle lever... 3 months after I´ve got the bike the maxle can´t be removed of the hub ! when you turn the quick release lever counter-clockwise the maxle went "opening" the two legs of the fork ! It look´s like the maxle is locked in the right leg of the fork ! Someone could help me ?

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 18:46 Quote
pedroa wrote:
I have a Kona Entourage, the black one, and the fork is a Rock Shox Domain R, witch has a maxle lever... 3 months after I´ve got the bike the maxle can´t be removed of the hub ! when you turn the quick release lever counter-clockwise the maxle went "opening" the two legs of the fork ! It look´s like the maxle is locked in the right leg of the fork ! Someone could help me ?

Odds are, if you never removed the maxle, is that the maxle itself is corroded into the hub or something. No real good way to get it out other than getting like a short chunk of some sort of plastic rod and trying to bang it out when you unscrew it just a bit. Because if the legs are separating when you are unscrewing it, its probably locked up in the hub. If your axle in the hub turns when you unscrew the maxle this is probably the case. Maybe try some Kroil or some sort of penetrating oil on it, but you might be screwed. If you put it away wet after riding or rode in some sort of salty environment it could be totally hosed inside. It could also be that on the lever side, the little expander thingy got stuck some how and it just needs a couple love taps from a hammer to break it free. Either way a hammer should fix it, eventually. Pirate

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014435
Mobile Version of Website