The most active long travel (8in+) suspension design.

PB Forum :: Downhill
The most active long travel (8in+) suspension design.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:48 Quote
What do you think? I'm thinking it'll be a single pivot like a Cove, but definitely post what you think.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:53 Quote
I think single pivots make for really active suspension.
However, i disagree with the Cove comment.
The most active bike for single pivot, seeing as its all leverage rations and not pivots, presumably would be the Orange 224.
I dont know, people enjoy different things, but single pivot is the way to go Smile

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:59 Quote
i rode a view month's ago a morewood Izimu and they are identical to the orange design.Very active suspension feel and they are realy plush and good.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
Santa Cruz VP Free?!

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:15 Quote
High forward pivots are going to be the most active suspension designs. Orange, Morewood, Cannondales, etc...
VPP, DW-Link, and Maestro bikes are all fairly similar and are not quite as supple because they are also supposed to be able to climb.
FSR is one of those miscelaneous designs because it pedals the best in rough terrain and not very well on smooth surfaces, and isnt very supple on small bumps.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:26 Quote
cavedood wrote:
High forward pivots are going to be the most active suspension designs. Orange, Morewood, Cannondales, etc...
VPP, DW-Link, and Maestro bikes are all fairly similar and are not quite as supple because they are also supposed to be able to climb.
FSR is one of those miscelaneous designs because it pedals the best in rough terrain and not very well on smooth surfaces, and isnt very supple on small bumps.

word to your mother! great quick explanation ... Smile

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:56 Quote
Wrong, my FSR works perfectly on small bumps, you just have to know what the hell you're doing with suspension setup in order to make it feel nice.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
I'm thinking it'll be a single pivot like a Cove, but definitely post what you think.

Which cove are we talking about here? If you mean the Cove Shocker, it is similair to a VPP design, with a link behind the BB, not a single pivot. Unless, of course, you are talking about the Peeler
photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 12:50 Quote
turner DHR
photo

PS if your going for a cove, dont get the shocker, from personal experience it feels dead and heavy, its kinda a plow bike. if you want soething aggressive and finesable, very active and fun, go for the DHR

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 12:53 Quote
seraph wrote:
Wrong, my FSR works perfectly on small bumps, you just have to know what the hell you're doing with suspension setup in order to make it feel nice.

word. mine too, i have a romic on the back

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
I didnt say it doesnt feel plush, I said in general, FSR will not feel as plush as the DW-Link, VPP, Maestro or especially single pivot bikes.
Morewood, Sunday, Socom, and Glorys beat a Demo any day of the week.
The DHR is awesome more for the super low BB height than the suspension, had they placed the main pivot slightly further ahead of the BB it would have been even better for tracking through small bumps, but based on how that bike rides and how dialed it already is, Im sure they did it for a reason.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
i agree....i have a sx..totally sick but not plush

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 17:40 Quote
my morewood has been good to me .

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 8:35 Quote
biker4sho wrote:
i agree....i have a sx..totally sick but not plush

my buddy derek has a SX trail with the totem, and the dhx 5.0 air with the ti spring and it still feels like shit.
may be just the way he rides his bikes, but not plush at all.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 8:38 Quote
cavedood wrote:
I didnt say it doesnt feel plush, I said in general, FSR will not feel as plush as the DW-Link, VPP, Maestro or especially single pivot bikes.
Morewood, Sunday, Socom, and Glorys beat a Demo any day of the week.
The DHR is awesome more for the super low BB height than the suspension, had they placed the main pivot slightly further ahead of the BB it would have been even better for tracking through small bumps, but based on how that bike rides and how dialed it already is, Im sure they did it for a reason.
That's quite the statement. Have you ridden all these bikes for an extensive period of time? The new Demo's don't ride anything like the old ones...if thats what you're judging on, which everyone seems to do.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010767
Mobile Version of Website