The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 20:26 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
as pricey as they are the Richey frames look bloody awesome luv the Timberwolf

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
BurlyIron26 wrote:
dragonaut wrote:
as pricey as they are the Richey frames look bloody awesome luv the Timberwolf

Seems to be a price drop on these. Now £620-£650 at Triton cycles (depending on which size you want). They used to be nearer £800 I think when they first came out. Still bloody expensive tho

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 1:45 Quote
BurlyIron26 wrote:
matther01 wrote:
BurlyIron26 wrote:
Does anyone know what bespoke 4130 tubes the Stif Morf uses? I cant find anything other than its 4130, and while a sweet looking frame I cant justify the £500 price tag over say a Stanton or similar, thanks

Might not help you but JMTB here in the UK are selling the PP Shan 917 for £399 and the Oka for £386. Pretty bloody good if you ask me
no it dosn't really but thats over $300 off rrp for anyone that is interested tup anyway

Ordered a Shan 27 from ddcycles for £399, just wanting for my atlas cinch cranks to turn up nowBig Grin

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 1:54 Quote
[Quote="mgolder"]Bit of small chipping to the paint on the stay, but the carbon is good still. So will get that covered up soon.

Wow I wonder how much you paid for that...

They're like £800 new. Found an ex-display one nearly a couple hundred cheaper.

Looks like a nice frame...not a big fan of the colour but the frame looks solid and has all good things by the looks if it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 1:55 Quote
pepps wrote:
BurlyIron26 wrote:
matther01 wrote:

Might not help you but JMTB here in the UK are selling the PP Shan 917 for £399 and the Oka for £386. Pretty bloody good if you ask me
no it dosn't really but thats over $300 off rrp for anyone that is interested tup anyway

Ordered a Shan 27 from ddcycles for £399, just wanting for my atlas cinch cranks to turn up nowBig Grin

Yeah that's a good idea....The Shans are a bargain at the moment and so are Atlas cinch....

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 2:59 Quote
BurlyIron26 wrote:
Does anyone know what bespoke 4130 tubes the Stif Morf uses? I cant find anything other than its 4130, and while a sweet looking frame I cant justify the £500 price tag over say a Stanton or similar, thanks
i would say the complete opposite - hard to justify £600 when the morf with equal quality bespoke tubeset cost less. bespoke means custom butted & formed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 3:05 Quote
[Quote="silverfish1974"]
mgolder wrote:
Bit of small chipping to the paint on the stay, but the carbon is good still. So will get that covered up soon.

Looks like a nice frame...not a big fan of the colour but the frame looks solid and has all good things by the looks if it.
yeah I checked them out too Mantra x carbon, they do look good as a c/f frame very pricey new, you did well if you got that on the cheap mg

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 3:13 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
BurlyIron26 wrote:
i would say the complete opposite - hard to justify £600 when the morf with equal quality bespoke tubeset cost less. bespoke means custom butted & formed.
Facepalm yeah I got that but also thought there might've been a name to it? So I guess its like Richey's prologic? I think but yeah as a cpl pages ago pointed out its got a fair warranty and crash replacement, so I take back the question, with a better understandingtup book:

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 3:54 Quote
[Quote="silverfish1974"]
mgolder wrote:
Bit of small chipping to the paint on the stay, but the carbon is good still. So will get that covered up soon.

Freeborn have them listed at £680 currently new (But they had the Genesis Latitude at £330 too but the website didn't say they actually had no stock). But I didn't wanna push my luck by spending that much. Got it for £450 so I'm pretty happy with that really. The colour is one of the big things I like about it. I'll need a new seatpost and probably a 40-50mm stem mind.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 4:09 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
pepps wrote:
BurlyIron26 wrote:

Yeah that's a good idea....The Shans are a bargain at the moment and so are Atlas cinch....

Yep.. they are the last bits of the puzzle too..
Been sitting on parts for what seems months..

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 6:15 Quote
pepps wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
pepps wrote:

Shans have been this price since Jan .. if you looked hard enough..

nice combo by the way, should look superb

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
pepps wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
pepps wrote:

nice one pepps Smile just checked out there 917 vid was solid

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
yes^

finally, ghost are gettin' it, must read up on their 29er more

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/FLOW2471.jpg

WOW

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034395
Mobile Version of Website