The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 19:54 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
JohnFL wrote:
Andrew-Taylor wrote:

He still owes me money for the frame he purchased from me. Its a long story, if you want all the details I can give them to you.

I have emailed and facebooked him several times. He has now blocked me from his personal facebook and his buissness page.

Anyone have another way of contacting him? That would be helpful. Thanks.

the goods were delivered before the money was in hand...brilliant.

The story is a bit more than that lol

let'er rip tater chip..

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 20:58 Quote
Fun like BMX, fast like 29: Chromag Rootdown!

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 23:01 Quote
JohnFL wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
JohnFL wrote:

the goods were delivered before the money was in hand...brilliant.

let'er rip tater chip..

Alright, this is the just of what happened:

I sold Scott Cordy a Trek Ticket S frame for $1200CAD. He paid me via PayPal, I accepted the money, deposited it in my account, and sent the frame on its way.

A couple weeks go by, and I get these calls from insurance companies wanting money from me because I owed PayPal money…?! My credit is now absolute shit because of this so I looked into it further and notice that PayPal has reverted the charge back to me, putting my account -$1200CAD, and gave Scott his money back. So, I paid this off immediately in order to try and save my credit score.

I contacted Scott with this issue and Scott claimed that he had bought two frames, and disputed to PayPal that he never received mine, even though I have his signature saying that he picked up the frame!!!! (Weird…why did he buy 2 frames?) After months of no replys from him, he finally replied:

“Dec 15, 2014 at 5:50
pedaladdiction says:
right just got home and looking through my paypal transactions its seems that i majorly f*cked up!!!! i assumed i had the right transaction seeing as no tracking info and no reply was given in the dispute which was the same response i got from trying to email the other seller. THIS IS MY FAULT!!! and i apologise completely various things have affected me personally this year which theres no need to go into detail about or cry no sob story but this has affected me and obviously i dropped the ball in dealing with this through paypal. So in light of all this i obviously need to get you your money back i don't have the funds at the moment having just set up shop all my money is buried in that. I am an honest genuine person and to start with i thought you were just trying your luck and assumed i had opened the dispute against the correct person.

cheers scott”

So, he admitted to opening a dispute with the wrong person, whatever…its fixable, right? He later sends me 600GBP, but he still owes me $450CAD. He said he had a lot of family/business struggles at the time but regardless of that he has now disappeared off all forms of media that I can reach him at.

I am hoping my fellow PinkBikers can help me contact him! If anyone lives in Norwich, Norfolk and could remind him that he owes me money, that would be great.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
Andrew-Taylor wrote:
JohnFL wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:

let'er rip tater chip..

I sold Scott Cordy a Trek Ticket S frame for $1200CAD. He paid me via PayPal, I accepted the money, deposited it in my account, and sent the frame on its way.

A couple weeks go by, and I get these calls from insurance companies wanting money from me because I owed PayPal money…?! My credit is now absolute shit because of this so I looked into it further and notice that PayPal has reverted the charge back to me, putting my account -$1200CAD, and gave Scott his money back. So, I paid this off immediately in order to try and save my credit score.

I contacted Scott with this issue and Scott claimed that he had bought two frames, and disputed to PayPal that he never received mine, even though I have his signature saying that he picked up the frame!!!! (Weird…why did he buy 2 frames?) After months of no replys from him, he finally replied:

pedaladdiction says:
right just got home and looking through my paypal transactions its seems that i majorly f*cked up!!!! i assumed i had the right transaction seeing as no tracking info and no reply was given in the dispute which was the same response i got from trying to email the other seller. THIS IS MY FAULT!!! and i apologise completely various things have affected me personally this year which theres no need to go into detail about or cry no sob story but this has affected me and obviously i dropped the ball in dealing with this through paypal. So in light of all this i obviously need to get you your money back i don't have the funds at the moment having just set up shop all my money is buried in that. I am an honest genuine person and to start with i thought you were just trying your luck and assumed i had opened the dispute against the correct person.

cheers scott”

So, he admitted to opening a dispute with the wrong person, whatever…its fixable, right? He later sends me 600GBP, but he still owes me $450CAD. He said he had a lot of family/business struggles at the time but regardless of that he has now disappeared off all forms of media that I can reach him at.

I am hoping my fellow PinkBikers can help me contact him! If anyone lives in Norwich, Norfolk and could remind him that he owes me money, that would be great.

Pretty sure he is on Dirt Digglers MTB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043068019106384/

However be careful how you approach a post on the page. The admin get delete happy very quickly. I'd suggest maybe an email to the page owner, dan rigler with the details of it all and ask him if it is ok for you to post openly about it without deletion as this is your last hope.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 6:42 Quote
mgolder wrote:
Andrew-Taylor wrote:
JohnFL wrote:

let'er rip tater chip..

pedaladdiction says:

cheers scott”

However be careful how you approach a post on the page. The admin get delete happy very quickly. I'd suggest maybe an email to the page owner, dan rigler with the details of it all and ask him if it is ok for you to post openly about it without deletion as this is your last hope.

I'll just leave this here...
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/pedaladdiction/
Enjoy.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
Shuggles wrote:
mgolder wrote:
Andrew-Taylor wrote:

pedaladdiction says:

cheers scott”

I'll just leave this here...
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/pedaladdiction/
Enjoy.

Messaged him october 15 with him not even opening it as well as Madagascar isnt his location

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
Just another reason not to sell frames overseas. If you were in Britain, you could easily pursue it through a small claims court, provided that you had relevant financial transaction info from PayPal. There is probably a way to do this from overseas, but how, is a mystery for me. Could always pay a Norwich-based lawyer to threaten him some, and see if the prospect of a court summons is enough to scare him into wiring you the money owed.

Clearly the shop the guy is attached to is still up and running, judging by their instagram.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Just another reason not to sell frames overseas. If you were in Britain, you could easily pursue it through a small claims court, provided that you had relevant financial transaction info from PayPal. There is probably a way to do this from overseas, but how, is a mystery for me. Could always pay a Norwich-based lawyer to threaten him some, and see if the prospect of a court summons is enough to scare him into wiring you the money owed.

Clearly the shop the guy is attached to is still up and running, judging by their instagram.
There goes his $450 Canadian pesos owing. Likely not worth pursuing action if it's going to cost.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
scotteh wrote:
harriieee wrote:

There goes his $450 Canadian pesos owing. Likely not worth pursuing action if it's going to cost.

agreed. some lessons cost more than others. maybe kharma will visit him on a ride.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 10:23 Quote
fullbug wrote:
scotteh wrote:
harriieee wrote:

agreed. some lessons cost more than others. maybe kharma will visit him on a ride.

It would actually cost more than $450CAD to pursue him through small claims even if he was in the UK

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 10:40 Quote
Views: 15,074    Faves: 39    Comments: 10

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
Stanton slackline 631

bikes

Great looking ride, do you know the weight?

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 12:10 Quote
On a side note, this is for sale:

primer1

As for online screwery, I had two people screw out of money for hoodies I had made. The first guy ordered one and paid, then ordered another and went silent. The next guy happened around the same time when I hadn't officially been screwed yet so I sent him one and he too went silent.

Pathetic!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025250
Mobile Version of Website